Weekly Photo Challenge: Illumination

The Many Forms Of Lights

Some lights inspires us to dream.

Island Traveler 2013

Others take us back to our happy childhood memories where everything is all about play and adventures.

Island Traveler 2013

Some lights remind us that life doesn’t have to be complicated to be beautiful. That all we need is to follow our heart and appreciate the simplest of things.

Island Traveler 2013

Others take us to places where problems and worries seem not to exist. Places where we can just relax and enjoy what the day has to offer.

Island Traveler 2013Some lights remind us why we fell in love and help us to believe in love. These lights may even lead us to our one true love. Hmm…

Island Traveler 2013

Other lights bring the joys and surprises of each season to life.

Island Traveler 2013

Some lights fill our innermost longings and bring us peace. These are the lights that help us find our way and embrace our faith with total surrender.

The most beautiful light is the one that completes our being and guides us to the right path heaven had planned for us all along.

Thank you for being a constant light and inspiration of each weekly challenge. I hope you’ll find the light that will make you smile with joy today and everyday.

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

90 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Illumination

1. Zyra says:

lovely photos, especially the third one

All of them inspired me alot I love the first one because the child is so precious

3. ideflex says:

Wonderful photos with inspiring words, great post!

4. ChgoJohn says:

Nicely shot and presented. A great response to the challenge!

5. All great shots and beauty in the words. I love the picture with your son at the end. Very nice.

6. Life&Ink says:

What a lovely post. Thanks!

7. sandraconner says:

Wow! These are all terrific! And perfect for the challenge.

8. Beautiful pictures for the Illumination pictures… Like it :-)

9. bulldogsturf says:

a great entry to the challenge…love it…

10. dearrosie says:

Beautiful collection of photos IT! I really like the top one.

11. Indira says:

Beautiful interpretation, terrific photographs. Wish you get everything you dream of.

12. dadirri7 says:

so inspiring and illuminating … beautiful photos and words :)

Yes! the Christmas photo of your son is priceless!

you must be such a wonderful husband and father…your words are so romantic and you always , without exception, have pictures of your son or Mrs IT…a good photographer too…so many talents

Dude. These pictures are amazing. I love, love, love the first three pictures. LOVE! All so different, but all of them showing light and illumination in some way. Dude one of the best posts to the challenge I’ve seen so far. Great post.

• Thanks. The first two were taken 2 years ago. It was when we were visiting Galveston frequently. The third was at the rodeo last year which will happen again March of this year. I appreciate the positive feedback. The best part of this photo challenges is that I get to remember the good times when I look at the old photos. I think this is partly why I kept joining the challenge. As parents, these moments keeps us smiling when days are not so sunny!

Very inspiring and illuminating post.

17. Colline says:

A lovely collection of photos.

18. Great photographs! Thank you for the pingback!

19. Nice selection of images for the challenge–I especially like the first image where the light seems to be following your son, and protecting his journey.

• Thanks Sally. I was also admiring the photo after a took. It was against the Sun while it was just rising up early that morning. As for the light protecting his journey, that is a beautiful interpretation as well.

20. Mazigrace says:

Illuminations beautifully written and captured in photos.

21. What an amazing selection of photos and words of wisdom ‘illuminating’ the subject of illumination…

22. SimplySage says:

Really enjoyed this. Mine is an interpretation of both Illumination and Resolved. Enjoy.

23. Pingback: 2013 Resolved to Illuminate « SimplySage

I enjoy your wonderful photos.

there is something really magical about your son looking into the fully decorated lighted doorway. i want to say: “go in, go in…it’s a magical kingdom in there!!”
    well done! <3

26. your worried exit picture is so awesome….
    the sunny spread some path to the image,
    btw if i,m not mistakes you’ve just risk your sensor with direct sun picture,
    i heard it can burn up your camera sensors

• Perhaps but sometimes events happen so fast that I don’t want to miss them. My son moves like Flash and if I don’t follow his pace and place my iPhone on burst mode, there is no way to catch these moments.All will be a blur. Thanks.

27. Cheryl says:

Oh, Mr. B. You’ve done it again … beautiful, thoughtful images. It’s a tough choice for a favourite, but I love the first one!

• Thank you. The first one was one beautiful sunrise by the beach I will not forget. It happened 2 years ago and still feels like it happened yesterday. My son saw the picture and said, “Dad, I was 5 there!” I smiled and said, “Yes, you were.”

28. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge : Illumination « Cheryl Andrews

29. So so beautiful! The various uses of light in our life… well-described by your photos :)

30. Freedomborn says:

Thank you dear Island Traveler for your warm wishes, I also commented on another of your Posts that I missed, although I did see it in my Inbox and meant to visit sooner but time slipped away.

Of couse as you know Jesus is our Light, He His The Living word and is our guide lighting the path ahead.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

• Thanks Anne. Indeed Jesus is our light and he is the source of all light and all good. God’s creation always brings the most amazing of blessings. Last night, I read a kid’s Bible to my son and we read “Creation.” He loved it. In fact, we ended up reading Noah’s Ark, Jonah and the Whale and Christmas. He didn’t want to stop but it was school day and it was a bit late. God bless you and Ron always.

31. angrygaijin says:

A beautiful set of pictures! I believe that light is truly an amazing thing! :) Both in art and science.

I see that you’re using HostGator. I’m curious: what is it? It seems to be some sort of wordpress-hosted advertising… Am I right? Is it working for you?

• Thanks. Some of my blogger friends had been recommending hosting way back then but I was just learning how to blog. Then there was a time my blog started acting out, sometimes it goes slow, others times I have problems with the some of the features of WordPress or the viewers do. Then a few of my blogger friends have a similar problem and one good friend was hacked. That scared me. I invested 2 years of time, memories, images and I can’t afford to loose it or recreate it from scratch. Hosting gave me extra protection/assurance that my blog’s posting have a back up and that another service tracks malicious, harmful hackers/virus. Honestly, I still have no idea how it goes and so far I just filled out their basic requirements. I was never a computer wizard and reading those computer tech stuff makes me dizzy. I don’t know if you know Jackie Paulson, she has a great blog and very knowledgeable about similar issues with hosting. I think she wrote about it in 2011. That long. Hope that helps.

32. A treasure of a compilation which seek to sing out louder than the words used.

Cheers

Shakti

33. As always, lovely work, my friend! Stay blessed!

34. Beautiful photos. But the words that go with the pictures were more beautiful. Really illuminating.

35. What a wonderful cross-section of the ways light enhances our lives. I especially love the first one, with the sun reflecting off the wet sand.
    -David

• Thanks David. It was my son and he kept running back and forth getting sea water into a lake he made around a tiny sand castle. I was so thankful of that day and the magic it brought me.

I loved following the light with you. That very first shot was magical, and as always, you didn’t disappoint.

37. My Mushy Brain says:

Beautiful pictures!

38. And some writers – like you – are entire beacons of light in their words. Nice post.

39. De-lightful! Those are some very impressive snaps my friend.

40. naomimgruer says:

Lovely sentiments to go with pretty photos! http://bmoreenergy.wordpress.com

41. This was an illuminating post indeed. Among these chilly holidays and gray holidays (for some), gathering all aspects in our life that illuminate through the darkness is a very optimistic thing to do. It is belated…but happy new year to you and your family =)

42. Thanks Frances. Belated Happy New Year too. Finding bits of sunshine and light in these recent cold, grey weather helps a lot. Best wishes to your family.

43. otaratalig says:

This was a very inspiring post. I really liked the pictures; they’re beautiful.

44. What a beautiful inspirational blog and photos. Thank you for sharing. You always put a smile on my face :) All the best! ~Sophia

Your illuminated shots are beautiful…