All We Need Is Love

Love, Love, Love

If not for love, I have long went down the hill. Not the “fun down the hill we roll” kind but more of the “down the hill cause I lost it” kind.

My son helped me capture this moment. We were walking by the beach just after Sunrise. Above the sky, an exciting surprise was captured as well. Our first heart-shape cloud!

My son helped me capture this moment. We were walking by the beach just after Sunrise. Above the sky, an exciting surprise was captured. Our first heart-shape cloud!

Love motivate us to dream. It  opens our hearts to believe that anything is possible.

Love motivate us to dream. It opens our hearts to believe that anything is possible.

Heaven poured out many blessings and one of the most precious one is love. We can gain all the riches of the world but without love, we will always feel empty. That void will never be filled by glitter and limelight. At the end of the day, when we are all alone and day turns to night, that emptiness sounds like a gong that keeps us restless.

I can't imagine my world without love. I had the most amazing adventures because of it.

I can’t imagine my world without love. I had the most amazing adventures because of it.

I was at the park a few days ago while my wife was at a salon. I had the perfect me time. A time to think, reflect, appreciate what’s around me and within me. I got to listen to my Pandora’s 2012 Top Christian Radio and truly hear the words. It felt really good. For a moment, time was irrelevant.

A mother's love is like no other. It forgives without limits. It comforts without boundaries. It welcomes till the very end.

A mother’s love is like no other. It gives generously, forgives without limits and comforts without boundaries. It welcomes till the very end no matter where our journey takes us.

Love we take with us wherever we go. From the time we learned how to walk to the time we tell ourselves to slow down.

As I listened to Holly Starr’s Don’t Have love, I am reminded of what’s important in my life. The song goes something like this, “You can have money and cool friends but it’s  never enough if you don’t have love. You can have fast cars, a mansion and everyone’s attention but it’s never enough if you don’t have love.” The words hit straight to my heart.  From personal events in my past, I couldn’t agree more.

My son made this for me when he was in Kindergarten. Best gift a parent could wish.

My son made this for me when he was in Kindergarten. Best gift a parent could wish for.

Island Traveler

A few months from now, Summer is back. Can’t wait to have moments like this where I am close to the sea, walking towards the sunset and holding the hand of the person who shared her life with me.

Love comes in many forms, expressed in different ways and comes from various sources. Mines comes from three basic sources: God, family and friends. From the day I was born till today, love was and is the fuel of it all. I know that even at end of this lifetime, love will and alway be the pure thing I will remember and be remembered.

The first people who taught me what love is. Till this day, their love inspires me in ways words can not even describe. I will always be grateful to God for giving me the most loving parents there is to have.

Island Traveler

Love endures forever…

So yes, all we need is love. It’s not just an inspiration of the many songs and poetry. It is real. It is life pulsating to every beat of our heart. It is what keeps us feeling alive. Really alive!

Everyday, God has his ways of reminding me of his love.

Everyday, God has his ways of reminding me of his love.

Thanks for sharing your day with me. I hope you enjoyed my version of the Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge called Love. May it brought you back to those moments where you saw and felt love. Today, show your sources of love how much they mean to you. We don’t have to wait for Valentine’s Day to express them.

What does love mean to you? Who taught you what unconditional love is all about?

This entry was posted in family, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Image Of Life, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

111 Responses to All We Need Is Love

Absolutely true! And I knew you would have the most prefect images and words for this theme :-)

2. that heart-shaped cloud is amazing, and what a great gifted young photographer you have in your home!!!
    beautiful post that reflects, as always, the love you have for your family.
    z

• My son though acting like he is just playing has a great eye in taking pics. He does all the pics when it is me and his mom in it. Kids are really amazing. Thanks Z.

3. barb19 says:

Beautiful, inspiring post! If we have love, we have everything.

Amazing and inspiring post on enduring and sacrificing love. Your images are perfect for your sentiments. Thank you for always opening your heart to us.

5. I hope your son always remembers that picture that HE took. Life is good and we aren’t always in control. He will have to ponder how that happened?

• I hope he does remember. Me and his mom have to remind him everday. Today he lost his glasses during recess in school. He said it fell. My question was, “So, you did not pick it up?” He can’t answer. We have to give him a brief lecture on responsibility. Tomorrow, we’ll try to find it but I have a feeling it’s gone. Now I know how my parents felt when I was his age. Ha, ha, ha. Thanks for sharing.

Hi IT, I have been waiting for your post…. Beautiful! Love motivates us to dream and gives us strength… Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Lovely post We can’t buy love and it’s precious

8. shofar says:

Very nice! To know God’s love is to know how to love others!

9. bebs1 says:

You have very good role models.

• I do and for that I always thank God for giving me the best parents I could ever wish for. My wife is blessed to have awesome parents as well. God is great! Thanks Bebs.

I like the heart cloud in the first photo. Once I found a rock on the beach in the shape of a heart :)

11. lifeofaministermom says:

Love and our need for it IS real IT! I also participated in this photo challenge because the opportunity to celebrate the love we have in our lives is a blessing and important to reflect upon. Your photos are timeless and beautiful. Your love for your family and there’s for you is always so evident and I’m glad you celebrate them year-round, not just on a holiday!

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NKJV

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…

• Thanks Patricia for sharing a pure love the gives generously. The quote from the bible about love is the best example of true love. A love that is different from what the material world defines love. This is a love God instends us to have and share to others. A love that will inspire people to create a better world for each other and our children. Havea blessed day my friend. Best wishes to your family.

12. dadirri7 says:

such a beautiful post, you are the most loving blogger i know, and you have not disappointed me with this post …thank you!

13. I am glad someone already mentioned I Corinthians 13 in their comment. I think that chapter is one that clearly shows that love is a verb, if only in the way Paul begins — “If I speak in the tongues of men or angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal”. We can say all we want but if we do not show our love, it really means nothing.

Excellent use of photos, as usual, in this blog. Nice to see your son has a good eye!

You ask who taught me what unconditional love is all about. I could say my wife, but honesty must make me say that even she has conditions on her love. Family comes close. But really what taught me unconditional love are the people who have allowed me to serve them and accepted my service unabashedly. It takes a humble heart to accept service.

Of course, I might also say my dog has taught me unconditional love. He is going to love me no matter what!

• Thanks Bro. My wife, son, parents , sisters, my in-laws, friends, family, people I serve, they all taught me what love is everyday. I taught me how to be selfless and for that, just like you I will always be thankful. Of course, there’s God who loved us first without any conditions. Thanks for sharing. You are indeed blessed. Best wishes to you and your family.

14. My son. He seems to love me no matter what.
    LOVEly post, IT. <3

• Thank you. I am a better person because of him. Imagine what I would be like if I was single without responsibilities? God had his reasons for bringing people in our lives.

15. Pingback: LOVE | A Bottomless Pit of "Random Information"

All we need is love, and looks like you have an abundance :)
    Your son is following in your photographer’s foot steps! Great photo he took.

17. Fantastic images and captions to go with them… so inspiring, as usual! :o I LOVE coming by your blog, for inspiration… your photos are beautiful, and you lead a blessed life… Take care of your most precious things in life! :o Wishes for a great weekend, Raquel.

18. Zen says:

All your pics are amazing, can’t pick my fvorite, I love the one with the hot air balloon, i love the one, I love the greetings< i love the first.. hehe Anyway, Just wondering, what's the child doing on the last photo?

19. dogear6 says:

I loved the pictures of your parents!

Nancy

20. Pingback: Reflection: The Stain of Love! « jeanne's blog…a nola girl at heart

21. Beautiful and thoughtful!

22. rommel says:

Perfect challenge for you, IT. :D You certainly met the great expectations from your followers.

23. bulldogsturf says:

What a great post to read on a Sunday morning… with the love of those near and dear to one… everything is possible… specially inner happiness… love this post…

I love all these pictures. As always I especially love the one with you and your son overlooking the water — your header. It’s a great capture. And it’s true that Beatles song is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the weekly photo challenge. Very touching post :)

25. Pingback: Whats love go to do with it ……. ? « A Tale or Two to Tell……

At last , some faces to see…Could that be you and Mrs IT and your son ????
    I have a Bible that I bought many years ago. It has a soft paper cover so I decided to cover it with something more substantial and I chose thin leatherette… I titled my book ‘LOVE’…it’s the Bible but the Bible teaches us all how to love and this is how Jesus teaches us to love.
    Not just loving family and friends but to love everyone…we may not like them..but we do have to love them because this is what Jesus wants us to do.

‘ Love thy neighbour as I love you’

So I do…

• Thanks Patrecia. The Bible and God’s words is the best example of pure, selfless and generous love. That was a wonderful idea to cover the front page and title it “Love.” The mother and child is my wife and her beautiful mom. The other ones are my parents. The one walking by the pier that was me and my wife. It only shows my back. Perhaps one day, I’ll be brave enough…ha, ha, ha. God bless.

27. Loving your blogs and wide range of topics

28. Your photos and words are once again very beautiful and inspiring. Especially the first one, I hope I get to see a heart shaped cloud someday too. Have a lovely day!

29. Cheryl says:

Mr. B. I am awestruck by your words and images not only because they are beautiful, but because as your parents taught you, you teach your son to love himself so that he too can love others.

30. I read this post on my phone just before lacing up for only my second run in ages. I think there will be extra bounce in my step, thanks to you and this gorgeous reminder. There are so many restrictions to which I must adhere right now but, as always, love remains free, unrestricted and the greatest joy in life. (Your posts are pretty high up that joy list, as it happens!)

31. ChgoJohn says:

A fantastic post and wonderful reply to the challenge. I must admit, though, as much as I enjoyed all of the photos and touching captions, I smiled broadest when I came upon the Father’s Day card. Priceless.

• Thanks Bro. Yep, the card was priceless. My son does creations that melts my heart. No matter how tired I am, it all goes away the moment he shares his amazing world and talents.

32. You’ve created a serene and stunning tribute to love. Mostly, it warms my heart that your life is filled with variations on the theme. As you said, love comes in many forms. It seems you have many of them.

• Thanks Sally. I usually tell my wife, “I am rich because I have you and our son.” Money comes and go. So does fame but family’s love last even beyond our lifetime.

33. You do indeed lived a blessed life–a chain of love through the generations. A gift that you received, and have passed on to all those in your life. Your lucky son has learned to love, and will surely pass down this gift to his children. In the end, it is really all that matters.

• Thanks Naomi. The best gift we can give to our children is to have the right values and heart in life. My parents gave me that, now it’s my turn to share the legacy.

34. LubbyGirl says:

beautiful. you’re a gifted writer and are truly blessed!!

35. pinkpodster says:

I loved your words and photos. Thanks for sharing them!

36. munchow says:

As always food for thoughts, my friend, both in writing and in pictures. So many great pictures this time, for me in particular the first, third and forth one, as well as the last one.

37. Awwwww so true!!!!!!!!

38. Jo Bryant says:

This was just perfect for you…theres is so much love surrounding you

39. So beautiful!! All we need is love – that is all we need!
    Gorgeous photos too – thank you for sharing!

you own this theme, Island T. hands down, OWN IT! from start to finish, you summarize the essence of love as it should be…well done, well done!! <3

41. rutheh says:

My favorite? The handwritten I love you Dad cards. Love to you

• That was my favorite too. We know that kids when they say or write something it comes purely from the heart. No pretentions. Just transparent and straight to the point. Thus when he made this, I told myself, “I am so lucky I have him in my life.” Thanks.

42. Great post and photos for this challenge. I haven’t blogged in a few days and haven’t done a wordpress challenge in ages. I have to get back into it I loved the baloon photo. All the best to you and your family! Cheers!

43. Jenn says:

Simply beautiful :) you capture completely what true unconditional love is :) to live a life full of love is a most precious gift :) may you always know such a wonderful life :)

• Thanks Jenn. I have my share of heartaches too painful to described but then I have my family’s love that helped me overcome the odds and helped me see things in a brighter perspective. Love is God’s miracle to all of us.

• Jenn says:

Love .. received from those close to us … is more important than we realise :) I am glad you do … and that is seen in all your posts :)

• Thanks Jenn. Love, a gift from heaven to help us see life and everything around us in a beautiful and hopeful way.It gives us strength to overcomes odds. It help us see the goodness in people.

44. Patti Kuche says:

You know I love them all but the Father’s Day card and the 5th photo are priceless and timeless!

45. Gracie says:

Beautiful post. A really wonderful interpretation of the current theme.

46. Beautifully written words.

47. Victoria says:

So sweet. Thank you for sharing your world; it is beautiful.

48. Indeed, without love, we will never have enough, there will still be that emptiness inside… Love is such a vast subject but it is vital to us… Sacred :) Unconditional love? What I’ve seen, felt, observed… my senses are my mentors of love.

I knew you’d have a wonderful post on this topic IT… Listen, I was wondering what had become of you because I’ve been posting remotely and dealing with a lot of tough stuff offline… Now, I realize you’ve been offline too. Hope all is well. Blessings to you and your family dear one.
    Eliz

• I am well and good my friend. I appreciate the thoughtfulness. My work had me busy and tied up but whenever I can, I try to go back to blogging. It keeps me sane and yes, I do miss my blogger friends. Take care.

50. Lisaman says:

Wow what a beautiful journey.. You are truly blessed to have such parents.. wow

Thanks for this beautiful post, dear IT, and have a blessed weekend with your family!
    Uta

52. I think you have unconditional love nailed down! Wonderful.

53. Freedomborn says:

Thank you dear Island Traveler for your heart of Love for God and others, may you continue to mature in His Love.

What a wonderful message you have shared and yes it is True we were all created to Love, we need to Love 100% it is why God tells us to Love Him and others with our all. Evil is the absence of Love and is shown in actions and words and so is True Love. To have God’s pure Love we need the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and it is also only when we are perfected in His Love that we are really complete in Jesus Christ, this is why we are to aim for it, I will post a Power point soon about God’s Love, I will let you know when I do, you have inspired me dear Brother.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

54. Imelda says:

So true. Without love, what are we? I love the photos of you and your family. The heart-shaped cloud is amazing too. :-)

55. Pingback: Slow down, take a look around. Life is going by too fast for you to digest. | One Lifetime