The Unique Stories We Tell
Every person has a unique story to share. Stories that are remnants of the past. A past full of memories.
Each of these memories is unique and special. Memories that can take us back to places, events and people. People we knew when we were just kids. Places we felt wonder and magic. Events that opened our eyes to a new world other than our own.
I was just about my son’s age when my dad first brought me to a Pet Store along the busy streets of Iloilo. I remember how excited I was choosing which guppies, goldfish and koi to bring home. It was one father and son adventure I always looked forward of going every time we went to the big city.
34 years later during my Summer vacation in the Philippines my sister asked me, “Manong, come with us. We are going to buy swordtails and guppies.” I answered back, “Okay, sounds fun. Where is it?” She replied, “The one by the street outside the Atrium Mall.”
The street looked exactly the same. Busier but had the same buildings around it.
While my sister was trying to get a discount from the seller, I checked the animals, birds and fishes from stall to stall. As I took the pictures, memories flowed as fast as talking parrot beside me.
Somehow, it made me miss the joys and excitement of the past. A simple past that created so many happy memories.
By the time we were done, my sister and her husband bought 2 rabbits and several fishes. On our way to the car, I took one last look and wondered when will I’ll be back to see the unique open Pet Store by the street.
Thanks for sharing your day with me. I hope you enjoyed my version of the Weekly Photo Challenge called Unique.
All of us have something unique and beautiful story to tell. What’s yours?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (annablakeblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (thepanamaadventure.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Unique (justmomentarily.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (mzzoomer.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Most Unique Cat in the World (picturesinlivingcolor.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: UNIQUE (Cultural Differences) (theblacktwig.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Unique (joec0321.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (amaltaas.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Unique (livonne.com.au)