Weekly Image Of Life: Blessing Of Hope

Life is a constant cycle of ups and downs. There will always be good days and bad ones. It is never perfect but it’s these imperfections that spice things up. It’s these very flaws that motivates us to pursue with hope and determination. In the end, they help shape our character, teaches us humility and help us appreciate even the smallest of blessings.

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net

Hope gives us the wings to fly and run like the wind. We may not soar high enough to reach the clouds but it’s high enough to surpass the things that pulled us down.

It felt good to just run without worries in the world. Though fleeting, it still felt great to feel free and just surrender to the joys of the moment.

Hope gives us the strength to overcome obstacles, trials and problems. It gives us comfort that things will be better. That there’s a bright sun hiding behind the dark clouds. That everything will be alright.

Last Saturday we were at the beach trying to fly a kite. The wind wasn't strong enough but after a few tries, the kite finally flew. It felt good seeing it flying on air. Even more beautiful was seeing my son and wife looking so happy.

Last Saturday we were at the beach trying to fly a kite. The wind wasn’t strong enough but after a few tries, the kite finally flew. It felt good seeing it flying on air. Even more beautiful was seeing my son and wife looking so happy.

Hope gives us reasons to hang on. To dream and wish for happiness. Happiness that always seem to balance the sad, lonely and depressing times.

Normally my wife is not into running but that day she did. In fact, she ran first. I was really glad when she said, "That was a lot of fun."

Normally my wife is not into running but that day she did. In fact, she ran first. I was really glad when she said, “That was a lot of fun.”

Hope motivates us to let go and just move forward with courage. It inspires us to just jump and take that huge leap of faith.

The cold water did not stop my son from swimming. Looking all excited, he grabbed my hand and said, "Dad, come with me." Man, the water was icy cold! Other than the cold temperature, it was actually fun and liberating.

The cold water did not stop my son from swimming. Looking all excited, he grabbed my hand and said, “Dad, come with me.” Man, the water was icy cold! Other than the cold temperature, it was actually fun and liberating.

Married life is no joke. After the romance and courtship comes the reality of what it means to live a life together in both the best of times and the worst. Hope gives us a sense of comfort that love will sustain us through every troubling storms and that down to the very end, we'll still be walking hand and hand with the same person we made our promise to.

Married life is no joke. After the romance and courtship comes the reality of what it means to live a life together in both the best of times and the worst. Hope gives us a sense of comfort that love will sustain us through every troubling storm and that down to the very end, we’ll still be walking hand and hand with the same person we made our promise to.

Thank you for sharing your day with me. Sorry for the late replies. I do hope to finish them soon.

What does hope means to you? How did hope help you get through your most trying moments in life? What is your hope and prayer for the world around you?

Today, discover the inspiring world of these blogger friends. Their zest for life, their families, their environment and most of all their faith are priceless treasures that will bring a smile to your day.

Hardik Gohil of  http://mang0pe0ple.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/weekly-image-of-life-event-carnival-of-venice/

Anne of  http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/7377/

Katy of  http://praguebykaty.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/wiole-event/

The Guat of  http://thewishfactor.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/weekly-image-of-life-challenge-event/

Jo of  http://restlessjo.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/six-word-saturday-55/

Francine of  http://francineinretirement.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/weekly-image-of-life-event/

Patricia of  http://lifeofaministermom.com/2013/02/19/weekly-image-of-life-event/

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

Images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App . My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories and events we make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Life, Love, photography, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

96 Responses to Weekly Image Of Life: Blessing Of Hope

1. I like the colors so much… :-)

2. What a great place to fly a kite, where there’s nothing but open sky and no wires or trees to navigate among. Life is full of ups and downs but with patience the kite will fly when it feels a strong wind. Cool series, IT.

3. Freedomborn says:

Beautiful Photos Island Traveler, thank you and also for linking to me, my Computer crashed again so I have missed a few of your Posts and many other Blogers but I will catch up soon I hope.

My eternal Hope has God as it’s foundation, without Him my life would be meaningless or just a shadow of the richness that I have in Him. God is not the Author of the problems and hardship that we face in life but He does not let us face them alone,

Isaiah 43:1-3 – Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.”

I love your focus…………..
    There will always be good days and bad ones. It is never perfect but it’s these imperfections that spice things up. It’s these very flaws that motivates us to pursue with hope and determination. In the end, they help shape our character, teaches us humility and help us appreciate even the smallest of blessings.

Thank you dear friend – Christian Love from both of us – Anne

• Growing up I thought life was all about happiness, love and peace but the I grew up and the world around me was not what I expected. When things gets tough and our hearts wounded we need to remember this, ” Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.” Thank you. God bless.

4. friendlytm says:

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward | Flickr Comments

6. Emotional-charged images and heartfelt interpretation of the challenge. Enjoy your week.

• Thanks Sally. My family and I had one great day at the beach, For a moment, nothing else matters and I believe we need moments like these to make sense of the turmoils we experience in this world.

7. Gracie says:

This is a beautiful post, Island Traveler. You always have the best view in life, and that is very refreshing.

8. I.T., I think this is one of your best posts yet — the images just beautifully partner with the text ~ Kat

Beautiful post. Perfect! And you had that beach all to youself it looks like….even more perfect!

• There were only a few people. Small world even cause we met a family from my son’s previous school. They got to play in the water despite of the cold weather. Thanks Angeline.

10. bulldog says:

It’s a pity but half your photos I could not get to open… and I do so enjoy your photos… but hope is not a word I use at this stage of my life.. now I am just determined things will change and I just say to myself that it will and it does…

• Bro, thanks for the encouraging. What you have is even better. You have faith in your heart, “now I am just determined things will change and I just say to myself that it will and it does…” Wishing you all the best.

Thank you, sir, for another joyful post, and for your kind inclusion. I love watching kites, and even trying to fly them sometimes. I always “hope” that they will stay in the sky for as long as possible. May your little one always bring you this much happiness.
    I know all too well the ups and downs of marriage, even though I have a good man. Bless you, and your lovely family.

• Thanks Jo. It was my son’s first and ours as a family. I forgotten how fun and liberating it is to just run with the wind and see your kite soar towards the sky. We need to be reminded that simple things are the key to a happy moment.

12. Great posting and love your photographs. My thought for today: “Every day is a blessing placed before us for accepting what life offers and to live each day to its fullest surrounding ourselves with everything that makes us happy. Life is beautiful, so go out there and enjoy it with family and friends!”

• This is something I wish to embrace everyday, “Every day is a blessing placed before us for accepting what life offers and to live each day to its fullest surrounding ourselves with everything that makes us happy. Life is beautiful, so go out there and enjoy it with family and friends!” Thank you. Words coming from the heart creates the most inspiring thoughts.

That is a beautiful, eloquent, poetical way to express hope. Thank you so much, IT!!

14. Beautiful – gorgeous photos, thoughts and wisdom. Thank you!

15. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Hope – Marry Me? | Shop with Intent

16. Debbie says:

A little tongue in cheek, but here’s my contribution for the week: http://shopwithintent.com/2013/02/27/weekly-image-of-life-hope-marry-me/

17. These photos are captivating. Great post, IT. Always a pleasure to view your work. :-)

18. Pingback: 2-26-13 Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (Rockwell Edition) | The Quotidian Hudson

19. Marianne says:

It gives me hope to see your beautiful photos IT – thank you for your inspiration :)

20. rommel says:

The images are oh-so striking! Very well-blended with your always inspiring words.

21. ChgoJohn says:

The opening photo of your Son at the water’s edge is quite beautiful and so apropos for the post’s title. From there, you carry us along with your words and images and when we part, we’re inspired. Thank you.

• Thanks. It feels like magic every time my son stares at the vast horizon, the sea or run and play with all the purest happiness in his heart. He reminds me of how I once felt as a child and I believe we all can relate to that cause we too were once kids living in a wonderful world.

Great post. Inspires the rest of us to keep on trying in spite of the odds. Thanks.

• Thanks. The older I get, the more I realize life is not what I dreamt as a child but hope, love and faith gives me reason to keep trying. Perhaps those childhood dreams are reachable after all.

23. Tammy says:

Your statement, “marriage is no joke” really made me smile!

• Isn’t it? We are made to believe as children that fairy tales happens in real life. Perhaps bits of it. Most of the times, people only see the perfect exterior of happy couples, or the perfect house or the perfect smiles and refusing to see that we all are humans that go through problems, trials and difficulties. Honesty and transparency though hard to accept and share are keys to finding one’s freedom and happiness.

The last photo of you with your wife is really beautiful, a treasure!

25. What an inspiration and what beautiful images! The one of your wife running never came up, but the others were awesome. I really love the silhouette of you and your wife at sunset. How did you take that or are you teaching your son to photograph??? At any rate, it was awesome. I also love the one of him playing in the waves. Thanks for sharing. What does IT stand for? :-)

• Thanks Darla. He is learning how to take pictures mostly on his own. I help him frame the subjects and the rest he does for himself. He takes me and his mom pics while my wife takes me and his pics. It’s hard to have all of us together with an iPhone.

• Isn’t that the truth. He is doing so good. A natural eye!
        I got the Camera+ app and spent the morning using it and having a blast. I’ve uploaded some of the pics.
        Question, I noticed that my data allotment was gobbeled up and gone over my limit by 100%, is that from the Camera+ app? I don’t have unlimited data, have you noticed it taking all your data? And also all my storage is gone now. I delta the images as soon as they upload to my computer.
        If I can’t figure this out, I may have to delete the program so I don’t get charged an overage charge.

26. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (8 Skateboard) | What's (in) the picture?

27. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Blessing of Hope | The Wish Factor

A very inspirational post today. Thanks so much I particularly love the last picture and how hope comes into a marriage. Very nice way of thinking. And you’re absolutely right marriage is no joke! We have ups and downs, plenty of them. But humor and hope pull us through. Great post!

Here’s my addition to your challenge. It’s one of the best images of hope I could think of … and you know me I’m movie minded :) Hope you enjoy.

• Thanks my friend. My parents made marriage looked so easy but now I realized that it’s way different when it is you. Plus it’s extra harder when you don’t have much support system close to you side being away from our parents and siblings. But love and hope never fails to help us pick up the pieces and make marriage stronger than ever. Whew! Life always have surprises!

29. Pingback: Anne Arundel gardener on starting sweet potatoesbeyond back creek

30. What a beautiful response to the Challenge. It actually made me tear up a bit.
    And your photos are lovely.
    Greetings from Maryland

• Thanks for the generous comment. I sometimes do that too, tear up I mean when something I read, or watch or hear hits my heart hard. It actually feels good afterwards, kind of like a spiritual, emotional cleansing.

31. Wow amazing photos!
    Hope has always enabled me to move forward, to stand up even though I fall.

32. Pingback: Moving Forward – A Personal Struggle | Beyond Beauty Tips

33. Still Times says:

Of all your beautiful posts, I love this one the most. Your photo’s are all beautiful; however, I have to say the photo of you and your beautiful wife is just fantastic! Well done.

Maria

• Thanks Maria. I don’t have much photos of me and my wife since I take the pics most of the time but though they are few, it makes me happy that they perfectly taken. Thanks to my little boy.

Thank you for those inspiring words and photos!!! Wow! The picture of the beach and your son playing kite is fantastic, as well as the silhouette of you and your wife! :D

I very much like your introduction to this post. This is truly what life is all about. Thanks for sharing. Your pictures show a wonderful mood and zest for life. Very enjoyable post. Thank you!

• Thanks my friend. Moments like this helps me go through the other parts that was hard and heartbreaking. At the end of the day, everything turns out well if not great.

36. Lilly Sue says:

I love the photos and the words about hope. Thanks for sharing :)

37. thirdeyemom says:

Wow, photo 6 is AMAZING!!! Who took it? incredible.

38. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: BLESSING OF HOPE | Francine In Retirement

Great images of HOPE! Here is mine: http://wp.me/p23TG1-2iw

40. Imelda says:

These are all phone photos? Wow! They are amazing! :-)

41. Imelda says:

Oh, I am sorry about the first comment. That should go to the iPhonenography post. Somehow, I got confused about the posts.

This post about Hope is lovely. Your family photos are gorgeous. I especially like the kite photos because to me they invoke the innocence and carefree-ness of childhood, not to mention hope. They are very nicely done too. Now my question – they are all phone photos as well? :-)

42. The sprakling water in the last one looks magical. Your son running into the ocean is my choice for the challenge – forward. So cute and so like kids … they never worry about the water being cold or if there’s a shark waiting. lolol Wish I could feel as free as a child sometimes ….!!!!
    Blessings …
    Isadora

• Kids are brave, something to learn from them. I was at behind him all the time. It was getting dark and we can’t see what’s under those waters. Thanks.

I so enjoyed looking at your joyous photos. How wonderful to share such magical moments with your family. :)

44. Indira says:

Very well said ‘Hope gives us a reason to trust that love is more that enough to help us go through anything and everything.’ All pics are superb, especially 5th and 6th they are awesome.

45. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Blessing of Hope | Life of a Minister Mom

46. lifeofaministermom says:

Viewing this post made me feel so special in that you would share such magical moments with us! I loved every single photo, not only because their breathtakingly beautiful, but because their intimate and full of love! Well stated thoughts on hope, and I HOPE ;) you enjoy my entry this week! http://lifeofaministermom.com/2013/03/05/weekly-image-of-life-blessing-of-hope/

47. Thanks Patricia. Our family inspires us to discovery and experience adventures and moments like these. Ordinary days becomes extraordinary ones. Trip to a local beach feels like we are at a paradise island having the best of times. That alone is magical.

48. Of yet, another good blog post of yours, my favorite was the last picture. The two shadows of love among the waves of the ocean, sand, and the sky clouds is pleasure for the eyes.

49. What a fascinating captivating photos. Indeed it is inspiring.:)

Thanks for sharing,
    Yen-Yen

50. EVery one of these pictures and the images you paint with your words is perfect! As uplifting as the kite you give to the wind, trusting that it will fly. Thank you so much for a beautiful post!

51. Pingback: Jack Shit: Just Say Yes | Writing Between the Lines

52. Here is a previous post on the subject of hope. I hope that’s okay!