Believe That Everything Will Be Okay

When we believe with all hearts, anything is possible.

believe

Believe that we can rise above troubled waters. To find calmness and peace. To find healing and forgiveness. To rest and not worry about tomorrow.

Last weekend, my son and I went fishing. We both believe that we would catch a fish. After two hours of waiting, I felt a bite on my hook. Excitedly, me and my son starting to pulling the string up. It was a big flounder. The man next to me started to help seeing that we're having a hard time hauling up our catch. Just when the fish rose about the water, the string snapped and we lost the fish. My son looking disappointed said, "Dad, how could you?" I told him,"We tried our best but it wasn't meant to be." He was quiet for a while then said, "Okay. Common, lets play by the beach. Sometimes, despite of how much we believe and how much we gave our best, certain things are not meant to happen. These are the times that we just have to embrace our faith and let go. Things always happens for a reason. We may not know the answer as to why it happened now but it time it will reveal itself to us in ways beyond what we imagined.

Last weekend, my son and I went fishing. We both believed that we could catch a fish even if we’re totally clueless of what we were doing. After two hours of waiting, I felt a bite on my hook. Excitedly, me and my son started pulling the string up. It was a big flounder. The man next to me started to help seeing that we’re having a hard time hauling up our catch. Just when the fish rose about the water, the string snapped and we lost our fish. My son looking disappointed said, “Dad, how could you?” I told him,”We tried our best but it wasn’t meant to be.” He was quiet for a while then said, “Okay, that’s alright. Common, let’s have ice cream and play by the beach.”

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net

Sometimes, despite of how much we believe and how much we gave our best, certain things are not meant to happen. There are times that we just have to embrace our faith and let go. Things always happens for a reason. We may not know the answer now as to why it didn’t happen but in time it will reveal itself to us in ways more than we imagined.

Believe that people are capable of good and there people out there who are genuinely real and generous. Seeing how excited my son was, an elderly man showed him the catfish and allowed us to take pictures.

Believe that people are capable of good and there are people out there who are genuinely real and generous. Seeing how excited my son was, an elderly man showed him the catfish and allowed us to take pictures. Before we left the pier, I noticed that the man who allowed us to take pictures of his catch was searching for something inside a trash can. I handed him our unused shrimp that we were using as bait. With a big smile he said, “Oh, thank you. I was looking for one.” He believed that he will find a shrimp bait and he did.

Believe that life will bless us with many adventures. Adventures that are fun and exciting. Adventures that will lead us to a door leading to a lifetime of happiness. Adventures we share with our family, friends and community.

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net

On the way to Galveston Island along highway 6 towards Alvin, we saw a sign that says, “Froberg’s Farms, now open for strawberry picking.” It was their first opening weekend. We decided to make a quick detour and found more than just fresh strawberries. We found a beautiful memory to cherish and celebrate for years to come. Plus, every year we do visit this place during Spring as part of our family tradition. It just happened 2 weeks before the official springtime.

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net

Believe that faith will guide us to choose the right way and that our journey in life will be blessed with everything good and beautiful.

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net

Believe that the love within us and around us continues to grow and flourish as days goes by. In time, it will create the most amazing blooms that will inspire us to walk our destined path as well as share the path of others.

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net

Believe that everyday’s little miracles happen and that when we least expect it,our lives will turn into something wonderful.

On the way home after our fishing adventure, a beautiful sunset waved goodbye, almost like a sign to always believe that better things will come my way.

On the way home after our fishing adventure, a beautiful sunset waved goodbye. Everyday life has its way of sending us signs that says, “Just believe that things will be okay,” and oftentimes, it is.

There were events in our lives that dampened our spirits and crushed our hearts but we kept pieces of hope and faith burning and held on to it. We believed without a doubt that in time it will be over and something good will happen.

Believe that magic is real.

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net

A few days ago, my family watched Jack The Giant Slayer. It was a wonderful movie based partly on the Fairy tale Jack and the Beanstalk. One the way home my son asked, “Dad, are giants and magic beans real?” I replied, “They are if you believe that they are real.” He smiled and laughed for a few seconds then went silent. When we reached home, he headed straight for the pantry. A few minutes later he called his mom and said, “Mom, look at my magic beans.”

This week’s Image of Life is titled “Believe.” My friends, just like the lyric’s from the famous Journey song, “Don’t stop believing,” let us always believe in ourselves and others.Never loose faith. Face life with hopeful optimism and courage.

Thank you for sharing your day with me. Like the promise of Spring’s new beginnings, believe that at rainbow’s end, laughter and happiness awaits for us all.

Who or what inspired you to believe and reach for you dreams?

Today, discover the inspiring world of these blogger friends. Their zest for life, their families, their environment and most of all their faith are priceless treasures that will bring a smile to your day.

Hardik Gohil of  http://mang0pe0ple.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/weekly-image-of-life-blessing-of-hope/

Debbie of  http://shopwithintent.com/2013/02/27/weekly-image-of-life-hope-marry-me/

The Guat of  http://thewishfactor.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/weekly-image-of-life-blessing-of-hope/

Francine of  http://francineinretirement.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/weekly-image-of-life-blessing-of-hope/

Patricia of  http://lifeofaministermom.com/2013/03/05/weekly-image-of-life-blessing-of-hope/

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

Images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App . My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories and events we make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Believe That Everything Will Be Okay

1. Mazigrace says:

Love the boots!

Very nice. Thanks for taking us fishing with you. This is such precious time when he’s growing up.

• It is. Parents need to create more memories and events like this. It makes a difference between having a good childhood to an amazing one. We are instruments in creating magic for our love ones regardless of age although childhood I say is the most wonderful of them all. A time when believing and trusting with all your heart comes easy. Thanks.

3. bulldog says:

What wonderful words and photos depicting the true strength in belief… believe and it shall happen.. great post…

I find it hard to believe, but it’s easy to believe in the love behind your amazing posts. Keep on sharing. You brighten our day.

I’m amazed that your son was patient enough to sit for two hours!

6. Absolutely beautiful. I loved reading all you thought, wrote… how you portrayed it in your photos. I sat here reading with tears in my eyes… I know your son will appreciate all you do, more and more as he grows up. Memories, you are creating the most beautiful memories for him … children need that to hold onto through time. I admire you, you are a good father. Granny Gee/Gloria :)))

• Thanks Gloria. My parents gave me a childhood that inspired me through the years and now it’s my turn to give back the joy they gave me through my son. It is part of every cycle of life. Of passing on. Of sharing the heritage we knew from our past.

7. what a beautiful post! it’s too bad that the line broke, but there were lessons there, and he will always be preparing for a line to break and what he might do to prevent that from happening again. because the line broke, he learned about the generosity of strangers and how easy it is to be kind. then he learned how rewarding it is to give, which often gives us more pleasure than receiving.
    the line breaking set off a great set of memories.

the image of the strawberry field/large tree in background is lovely! z

8. Life is about embracing every day, and finding the joy out of small experiences as well as larger ones. Your post clearer emphasizes the “seize the day” philosophy. Your son will grow up with a sense of adventure and knowing that life has lessons in all sorts of experiences. It’s also heartfelt to see your images and read your commentary.

• Thanks Sally. Yes, “It is kind of a seize the day” philosophy. Life events and those around me taught me to embrace such thinking and living. Sometimes we overthink the future and plan something that will happen so many years from now and missing the excitement and joys of the present. Life is fleeting and always uncertain. No one can predict tomorrow or anyone’s future. Thus, I try to chersih whatever I can on a day to day basis.

9. 2e0mca says:

Belief is a gateway to understanding ourselves – But, belief is a difficult thing for the young; it comes with the experience of age (sooner for some than others). I’m sure that your encouragement is giving your Son a great start in life :-)

ps- Amen to Journey – Don’t stop Believing :-) Try this…

you may find the urge to tear down some walls ;-)

10. wolke205 says:

No more words needed, wonderful ♥ Have a blesses weekend with your family :)

11. The boots really jumped out at me. What a great week of simple pleasures you got to enjoy with your son.

You boy has learned about hope,our lives will turn into something wonderful, from the fishing and farm trips… Thanks to the dad!

13. dearrosie says:

Another great post IT. I love how your son accepted that through no fault of your own the fishing line snapped and you lost the fish. What great lessons…

The photo of your son walking in the strawberry field with the big tree in the background is prize worthy :D

• Thanks my friend. You should have seen his facial expression when we lost the fish. He made me laugh although I had to do it quietly so not to make him feel more frustrated. He gets over things quickly, something I need to learn from him. I guess kids have this ability to adjust fast and just move on to the next adventure.

14. My in-laws live down the road from frobergs. Your pictures are inspiring me to take my son to pick some strawberries! Beautiful shots! Looks like a fun adventure. :-)

• What? We are almost neighbors. Small world my friend. Have you brought your son to Bayou Wildlife yet in Alvin? He will love it. Best time to go is when they open in the morning. Thank you.

• Nope. We haven’t done that yet, but we will have to check it out now with your recommendation. I love to see all your pictures of the coast. It reminds me that there is so much to do that is not too far away from our home in Houston!

Great post. We also eat strawberries this season. There are interesting farms in my neighborhood which we can get and eat them at that place. :)

when we believe…everything becomes magical. first, those strawberries look wonderful but ugh, not the catfish. eew. how they grow so large like that is really disgusting, i mean amazing.
    awesome. again. ♥

17. Inspiring, IT. A truly fabulous post. Also, I haven’t been strawberry picking since the kids were still at home. I think I will take my husband by the hand and skip off to that activity as soon as they are available. THANKS!

• Thanks my friend. It’s a perfect activity for families regarldess of how old we get. Plus, we do need to go out and just enjoy fresh air and nature’s visual gifts.

18. Very expressive thoughts on a most important word – Believe. There are so many disappointments that can come into our life but if we believe in ourselves and in the goodness of others we can overcome those things tha do not meet our expectations. You son was a wise litle man to turn his disapointment of losing his fish into a positive by believeing there was another another joy at the beach.
    Blessings to you …
    Isadora
    Here are some past articles you may have missed on my blog about Believe – http://insidethemindofisadora.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/nurture-yourself-believe/

• Thanks Isadora. My son teaches me parts of life that I already forgotten because of the craziness and pressures of being an adult. Honestly, I am grateful that he made me see and believe again. Life can give us hardships and trials that takes our faith away but somehow life also has its way of bringing back that faith and we end becoming better , stronger individuals.

19. I love the pictures and stories of your fishing day with your son. Very heart-warming. Days like that are magical.

20. bluebrightly says:

Detours are the essence of life – I’m glad you have the time and patience, and appreciation, to take them with your son. Great photos, too! And as always, an inspiring post form you.

21. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: BELIEVE | Francine In Retirement

GREAT POST: Here is mine: http://wp.me/p23TG1-2ks

23. Lovely post and encouragement. Thanks for sharing.

24. ChgoJohn says:

I don’t know how I missed this post but I’m sure glad I decided to drop in for a visit. That opening photo is truly stunning and the rest of your post is as stirring as eve. With words and photos you always paint quite a picture for us. Thank you for that.

• Thanks Bro. Life gives us surprises that brings back our ability to have faith, to believe , to go on and be ready to face another day. This was kind of one of them for me. Little bits of magic that is powerful enough to inspire me when things gets tough.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful, magical day :-)

26. Beautiful photos and inspiring words! Indeed, faith is what makes our dreams possible… and happiness :)

27. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Believe | Life of a Minister Mom

28. lifeofaministermom says:

Your son is so belssed to have you and your wife instilling such faith and belief in him! As he grows and matures, I know that he will have that same confidence in himself and do many, many wonderful things!! Even in the smallest ways, we hope to do the same for our daughter! http://lifeofaministermom.com/2013/03/14/weekly-image-of-life-believe/

• Your stories always inspire me my friend. Of how you put God on top of everything, more importantly your family. Our children reminds us that goodness, love , hope and happiness is real. They give us a reason to believe with faith. Thanks.

29. Great thought: Don’t stop believing. I love your positive messages and photos. It took me back to when I was about 6 or 7. A boarder at my Grammy’s home took me fishing. We caught sunnies (sun fish), and he cleaned them for dinner. Great bonding. Great fun. These are the days your son and your family will treasure the most.

• Fishing is a fun way to spend quality time with friends and family. It gives kids, like you and me once something to remember with fondness and joy many years after the memorable events. Thanks.

30. Indira says:

Yours is a full of positivity blog. Loved the photos and write up.

31. Pingback: Best Moment Award | Jubilee Journey

32. I am nominating this post for the Best Moment Award. Here is the link: http://jubileejourney.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/best-moment-award/