Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime

Dream Lunch By The Beach

My dream lunch? Munching on a yummy seafood delight overlooking the sea under a blissful noontime Sun. I’ll just have to worry about sunburn later. Mmm…

island traveler/thismansjourney.net/galveston

There are simple joys and pleasures in life. One of them is eating food. To me, it’s not just about sustaining our hunger but rather it’s about awakening of all parts of our senses. From savoring the taste of each flavour, to the visual, artistic food presentations, to the perfect ambiance that tickles our moods, down to the right company that makes each meal feels like a feast to remember.

island traveler/thismandjourney.net/galveston

Lately, we’d been a frequent visitor at Jimmy’s On The Pier in Galveston. Personally, I think it has the best location to enjoy an amazing view of the sea while enjoying a delicious meal. Lunchtime becomes an adventure time.

On our last visit, we had the lunch special of the day,  Crab stuffed blackened redfish with mashed potatoes & grilled veggies. So good that there was no left over.

island traveler/thismansjourney.net/galveston

island traveler/thismansjourney.net/galveston

Thank you for sharing your day with me. Hope you enjoyed my entry for this week’s challenge.

Sorry for my late replies. I will catch up on them as soon as I can. Lately, work pretty much eats up most of my time which makes me all the more crave for another relaxing lunch by the beach. Crossing my fingers that it will happen soon.

What’s your dream lunch?

This entry was posted in family, Life, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

94 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime

That’s a nice lunch. The seaside is best for lunch. Have a wonderful day.

2. john tugano says:

hmmn..I dream of that too bro.What a very sumptuous lunch you have there.
    It’s been awhile since I came to visit your page and its just refreshing to see again your lovely posts.Say my Hi to your family…Take care=)

3. ChgoJohn says:

I’d be hard-pressed to say which I’d enjoy more, the fresh seafood or the view. Both are amazing and it’s easy to see why this would be a favorite haunt. I bet it’s hard, though, to keep your Son seated, once he’s eaten, with the beach, sea, and pier so close. ;)

Book me a seat at Jimmy’s- I’ll be right over!

5. Indira says:

Hi, enjoyed your yummy post thoroughly. Nice shots.

This certainly looks like a very healthy, enjoyable lunch. I think I’d go for it anytime. Hope you can soon have another relaxing lunch like this with your family.

7. Coming out of lunch, you have already made me feel hungry! There is something exquisite and surreal about the glasses and the floating ice. What is it that makes it so?

Shakti

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Flickr Comments

9. High lunch and high tide, too! Thanks for the reminder to get down there asap.

10. A delicious looking meal and a glorious setting. Well done! Bon appetite!

11. Waves crashing on the shore. A scrumptious lunch. Chillin’ out. Great photos to go with a fantastic day.

12. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful and what a wonderful spot for lunch!

13. Great setting for a family meal and communing with nature.

14. Colline says:

Looks delicious. I like the look of the place where you eat it too.

15. Still Times says:

Another great post! Thank you for sharing and as always the photo’s are lovely. Which, by the way I still find it hard to believe that your using your phone. Great none the less!
    I’ve been making a list of places to visit on my drive down to the Rio Grande Valley from Michigan in July. I’ve decided to add Jimmy’s On The Pier to my route. I’ll have to let you know how we fared.

Maria

• Wow, you are passing through Texas. That sounds great. You will enjoy Jimmy’s. It may be a bit warm by then but Summer’s fun events will make it all worth it. Thanks Maria.

16. I love places like this. There is nothing better than eating fresh seafood while sitting outside by the water. Those are the “pinch me; life doesn’t get any better moments” for me.

• I grew up close to the sea. My parents would take me and my siblings every weekend and as we got older, whenever we feel like it. Somehow, being to similar places feels like home. Plus food was great. Thanks.

A wonderful seafood delightful by the sea. A nice lunchtime meal shared in fellowship with family with a beautiful view.

18. You’re kiling me. The doc has me on a bland diet for a month. His advice: “If it tastes good, don’t eat it.” (sigh). I had to use old shots with my daughter for this challenge – didn’t think a photo of dry crackers and toast would be exciting. That’s a great location for a lunch; I think I’d even enjoy bland food there.

• Bland food unfortunately does not taste good at all but is good for our health. I am on week 1 on my calorie count. So hard but after losing 5 pounds, I am more convince to continue. Great post!

19. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Mike Hardisty Photography

20. Thanks for visiting my blog “Eyes to Heart” and including a pingback in your post. It’s much appreciated. … While I can appreciate the setting for your lunch, I’m afraid seafood just doesn’t do it for me. Still, that means there’s more for those who do enjoy it. ;-) … Thanks again and be well, Dorothy :-)

21. Next to salad fish is my favorite food ite. Healthy and can be prepared simply. Your linnch look finger livking good. Glad you had nice weather to sit outside and enjoy.
    Blessings, It …. here is my entry –
    Isadora

Your lunch looks delicious and I really hope you get another day out soon :-)

Why mouth is watering just going through this post!

24. wolke205 says:

Fingers are crossed :D Hugs :)

25. Kris says:

How nice! I hope you get another lunch on the beach soon.
    Thanks for the pingback

This must have been easy peasy for you IT considering the number of food shots you have osted :-) Here’s to many, many more relaxing family fun days!

27. Freedomborn says:

YUM ! thankfully we don’t put on calories by reading and looking at pictures but perhaps they make us hungry. Love the view too, what times Dinner Island Traveler, I’ll see you there …..if only it could be so, anyway I’m going to have some morning tea, I’m feeling peckish, I wonder why???

Christian Love Always from both of us – Anne.

28. angrygaijin says:

Phew! I sure could go for a good meal right about now!

29. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | thelissachronicles

30. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime (3) Yemen | What's (in) the picture?

31. Cheryl says:

Definitely enjoyed it Mr. B. One of the best fish lunchtimes I ever had was in New Orleans at the Red Fish Grill … spicy cajun fish coated with a sweet potato mash!

• Red Fish Grill ..I will keep that in mind when I revisit New Orleans. I can’t remember the place of the food place but when we visited New Orleans, I tasted there the most delicious, sweet oysters in my 10 years in the U.S. Thanks.

32. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Blessings through raindrops...

33. yum yums!!! Lovely pics. I enjoy having my meals by a body of water, now that I think about it: beach, lakes, rivers, and off course who’s with you is what makes it really trully dreamy.

34. Beautiful photos. So much nicer than ongoing winter in the midwest.

35. Oh so beautiful and the view is amazing – a real treat :-)

36. naomimgruer says:

Dream lunch? Any lunch where I can take in the ocean is great. Or going out with friends, especially the ones who make me laugh!

37. mariannegv says:

Mmmmm Looks delicious and the place is really enjoyable. I agree with you, I have always said that eating is one of the greatest pleasures of life :)

38. Sartenada says:

Sea, roaring waves, atmosphere and good food – that’s life.

Great post.

39. Looks like a great spot! thanks for sharing.

40. Arindam says:

A great post bro! Felt nice after coming to your blog after a long time and seeing you are pouring the same love in your blog with your pictures and words. :)

• Love…something that keeps me going. Life can be cruel some times but if we have love within and around us, it becomes bearable to eventually as they say, “just another old tale.” Thanks.

41. Purely.. Kay says:

You guys look like you had such an amazing day. And that food looks amazing too :)

42. Eating… simple pleasures indeed! And yummy and stomach-loving… :) Beautiful post for the challenge!

43. munchow says:

I agree with you, lunch is more than getting rid of hunger (although it’s also part of it). It’s the exploration with all the sense, it’s the nice conversation with friends or it’s the moment of sharing for the family. Looks like you had a great lunch.

44. penpusherpen says:

a feast for the eyes. and all other senses too.. xPenx

What a wonderful place to have lunch. I love your definition of what makes for a really good meal. So true. :)

Yummy… How delicious is that! I’d love some. :-)

47. Iamrcc says:

That lunch looks really good. I love fish. Thanks for the like of my Weekly Photo Challenge post representing “Future Tense”.

48. Connie T says:

The lunch looks good. I wish my food would hurry up and cook in the oven.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude the fact that you can get crab stuffed blackened redfish at this place rocks. Anything crab-related rocks! Looks really tasty. I’m positive you had a great lunch :)