Weekly Photo Challenge: Future Tense

Reach for our highest dreams. Reach for our brightest stars.

Island Traveler/thismansjourney.net/Galveston/Weekly Photo Challenge: Future Tense

Reaching For Our Childhood Dreams

Once we were children. Full of hope for a future surrounded by happiness and everything amazing. That little child in all of us is still there. Listen to its voice. Let our heart speak of what truly makes us happy.

We are our future. We are our destiny. We are the ones who make choices that make things happen. Choices that shape tomorrow’s stories and events. Of course, there’s also the love from our families, friends and our God that gives us the will, the inspiration and strength to pursue our future goals, wishes and dreams.

What are we waiting for? Time to jump and reach for those dreams!

To all of you who’d been a part of this blog, thank you. You all inspire me to catch my own stars in cyberspace. They are bright and full of possibilities not just because I want to believe that they are but because you all supported me generously from the very beginning. Once again, thank you.

Wishing for everyone a future full of laughter, joy, peace, love, hope and wonderful dreams that never ends.

This entry was posted in family, Life, parenting, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Future Tense

1. I remember feeding the seagulls from a pier restaurant. They looked that close. I’m glad your son can experience how close our friends, the birds, can be.

2. Gail says:

Those are awesome photos! Love them!

• Thank you. It was a fun day. The Sun wasn’t shining but it still turned out pretty okay. Plus kids don’t really care about sunshine as long as their close to the water and sand. It was a bit cold and kids were still running into the water.

Our children are out future. Wonderful photos.

4. janna hill says:

Love how you caught his feet leaving the ground, the gulls and your words of inspiration. Smiles.

5. Penny says:

Really like these photographs, especially the first one. Looks like you have a new watermark too?
    Everything looks great!

6. segmation says:

Nice photos!

All photos inspired me a lot All of us are future and hope that we’ll take care of future

• Thanks. Our children and their generation are tomorrow’s future. May we all work together to make sure that they have a future the is bright, positive and full of amazing possibilities.

8. Mazigrace says:

Your son is one fortunate little guy to have such a loving and inspiring Dad like you!!!

9. 1annecasey says:

Beautiful words and images!

10. I love this! And I love the way you think! It makes all the difference in the world, and you are passing this gift along to your son.

• After a series of painful and traumatic experiences in the past, I refused to be consumed by anger, sadness and anything negative. Everyday if I have the chance to create something fun and amazing for me and my family, I would. We can choose to be happy even if it doesn’t last 24/7. It’s way better than living in negativity. Thanks.

• You are wise. Negativity just eats at you from the inside out, makes you difficult to live with, and sets a bad example for your kids on how to cope. Your and your family are fortunate to have each other to brighten your lives.

Very precious :-)

12. friendlytm says:

Great interpretation of future tense! Thank you fir the motivational proclamation! Wish you the same. Have a great week!

13. Great picture and thoughts. But what is it we need to do to hold that childlike perspective within us?

I refer to your lines, ” Let us not allow the influence of the material world dictate what road to take, what dreams to follow, what stars to catch and what future we wish to have.” What could you do to prevent this influence of the material world?

Shakti

14. You are helping your child build fond memories. He’ll have the past and the present as a foundation for tomorrow. Have a lovely week.

15. Gracie says:

Beautiful shots, island traveler. You’ve painted a perfect picture of a happy childhood.
    Your son is very blessed to have you :)

16. Deb Gale says:

So important to ‘know’ what’s important…you definitely get it!

17. penpusherpen says:

What we experience as a child is so important… building blocks. added to the potential within … Your son is very lucky indeed… Strange, I was just composing a poem about not wanting to grow up, to keep my inner child, and not accept the tag of being so many years old, but so many years young ,,, mayhap an impossible task, but one I shoulder gladly… xPenx

18. Beautiful and true – it’s time to reach for those dreams! Love the photos!

Our reach should always be beyond our grasp, right? Thanks for saying all these, IT! You remind us not to lose sight of our dreams.

20. Freedomborn says:

I was blessed by your message Island Traveler and the photos express very well the freedom of childhood which many Children enjoy, your words encourage us as Adults to remember the joy we knew and thankfully it does remain in our heart and in some ways this is True for me but mine was not a happy Childhood and mostly I was lost and afraid, even Jesus my Best Friend was taken from me when I was told I came from an Ape and He was just made up. You can read some of my life story on my Blog ( see below )

Blog post – ht tp://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/the-early-years-a-little-lost-

But Jesus was always there He never left me, I just didn’t know because I had built a brick wall but He rescued me and has been teaching me about His wonderful Love for us all and the deep Joy I feel in my heart has healed many wounds and it reminds me that I have so very much to be thankful for in all of His blessings and now in finding Blogging friends like you and others who have touched my heart.

Please Pray for Ron he cannot walk without intense pain, they are not sure what the problem is yet.

Christian Love from us both – Anne

• My heart was full of sadness as I read the pain you went through as a child. There are no words to describe such trauma and suffering. I thank God that he embraced you with his love, comfort, healing and the ability to forgive. With him, we can always be like little children and be happy the way he intend us to be. Bless your heart of faith for being able to share your story. Thanks.

21. Freedomborn says:

Not sure if you can open this link Island Traveler, sorry it must be the new Browser or WordPress, unless you have blocked them, some feel it is needed but I like Links as I can share with others and they with me, without having to spend time trying to find what they want me to read. If it is not you I will go back to my other Browser but let’s hope this one works.

Blog Post- http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/the-early-years-a-little-lost-girl/

Take Care- Anne

• My friend, that was heart breaking. Sorry that you suffered so much during your childhood. I wish to share my comment in your post here. Hope you don’t mind.
      I am filled with sadness as I read each pain you experienced. The torment, the abuse, the neglect, of having to endure such trauma at an early age. I’m sorry that people can be so evil and without conscience. I am happy to know though that you found God and his love. You found the path of healing and forgiveness. Not everyone is lucky to realize how much fortunate they are to embrace God in their lives. Your story will serve as a source of voice and strength for those who haven’t come out to tell their story because of fear. You are God’s light my friend. Thank you for sharing your story and letting people know they are not alone. God bless you always.

22. ChgoJohn says:

You’ve captured a special experience for your son, captioned the shots with inspiring, powerful words, and created a wonderful post in the process. What a beautiful read!

• Thank you. When I make a post like this, it reminds me how blessed I am to have my family around me and how God is so generous to have me experience these events. Happiness do come in small, inexpensive packages.

your photos always top notch as your message. are those seagulls? i’m so clueless. thank you for the inspiring moment…♥

• Yes, these are seagulls. Lots of friendly, hungry seagulls. It was so much fun being around them. Thanks.

• Sunshine says:

one time, my brother was standing out in the back yard and a bird flew by and…yup, dropped something on my brother’s head. eww! i was thinking that funny thought as i looked at your seagulls flying overhead…:)

24. My son always loved feeding the birds, whether ducks, seagulls, terns, or geese. And it’s a connection to wildlife they never lose. Wonderful.

25. Purely.. Kay says:

I LOVE these photos. They both look like they’re enjoying themselves so much. The life of a child :).

26. Your photos are simply amazing! Great share, IT.

27. Love the pictures so much and the meaning of the future from you… :-)

• I hope to see the future as beautiful and bright for my son. Life was not always good to me. I had my fair share of pain that changed the way I see the world around me but my son helped me see things differently. So I changed the way I think and so far, it’s working. Thanks.

28. such beautiful photographs and equally engaging words. Lovely post for ‘future tense”

29. Right-o, so usually, sea gulls are about the grossest thing in the world to me – but you made them, and the whole experience captured beautiful…thank you :)

• At fist, I was scared of them. They seem to look like they are attacking me but I was wrong. Pass the fears, it’s a fun experience, that includes the accidental pooping that happens when they hover above me. Thanks.

Dude this was a very awesome post and reminded me of Randy Pausch and his book The Last Lecture. Really great message about following your childhood dreams. I really liked the picture of your son jumping up high. Very cool shot!

• My son and I believe all children who are happy and having the most amazing time makes it easier for us adults to remember the dreams we used to make. It is never too late to get them now. Thanks.

31. “Fate is what we make.” – Terminator.
    We have dreams and it is up to us to go for them :)

32. teamgloria says:

truly gorgeous in all its soaring-ness. (and thank you for your lovely comment chez teamgloria)

33. Angelia Sims says:

You are soooo right. We suppress that child with all the suppose to’s and it just stinks. Recently, I turned down a photography job to do family photos. I have done their photos for many years, but the stress and time just wasn’t what my heart desired. My heart soars for nature and wildlife photographs. I love people, but it is not where my joy is. Saying no to that job and another was VERY hard for me. But I know it was the right thing. My child wants to visit nature, and bask in the beauty around us. Excellent photos!

• Thanks Angelia. It is important to follow our heart, our passion, of what makes us happy. In a world where we need to find a work that brings more cash flow, that is a hard route. Life experiences thought me that money and people’s expectations does not make me happy. It’s following what I love and my dreams that gives me a reason to smile and be inspired.

34. lulu says:

Thinking is not nearly as satisfying as doing. Good for you for giving it up and moving ahead.

• Thanks Lulu. If only I knew all these sooner but I was young then and thought certain things will give me the joy and satsfaction that I was seeking. There’s always a room for change though and it’s never too late to follow a different path.

35. lulu says:

Thanks for sharing. There’s so much to like here, especially the cleanness of space.

36. MikeP says:

Thanks ‘IT’ for keeping me on track in life and pics :-)

37. elkemurphy says:

Hi – Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’ (http://elkemurphy.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/very-inspiring-blogger-award/)
    Thank you for being an inspiration!
    Elke

38. Victoria says:

Awesome series!!

39. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Future Tense – The ‘Future Tense’ Of Death | Just another wake-up call

Fly high, fly high! Happy April Fool! :D

• My son and wife made a lot of tricks on us day. They made me laugh and smile though. I think this is what April fools is suppose to be. Making others forget their worries and just enjoy the day. Happy April fools too.

41. Beautiful photos! Insightful notes! :D

42. john tugano says:

I hope that your son may get what he is aiming for in his life..I hope someday he can get his stars and with your help for sure he can make it..

I love your son’s photo with the birds very timely for the challenge.
    always tc..=)

• Well he wants a puppy at the moment. He reminds me and his mom day and night. He even got a stuffed toy puppy to express how serious he is. I’m still thinking about it since we are living in an apartment and we’ll be busy for Summer. Thanks bro.

43. eva626 says:

i love these photos!!! the kids are so brave to be right next to the sea gulls!!! i’d be too afraid lol

44. Iñigo says:

Great photographs! What a beautiful beach!

45. I find so much joy in watching children play and enjoy life. It’s the joy for life that inspires us to dream, isn’t it. You’ve captured that beautifully.

• Same here. They remind us that life doesn’t have to be complicated to be happy. They teach us to just let go and follow our heart’s most inner whispers. Most of the time, they are right. Thanks.

46. dearrosie says:

I love your photos IT especially the top one! I’ve never seen a beach with so many birds.