Forever Changed

In a split second, our lives can change forever. Sadly, some of these changes bring tears, grief, loss and hardships. A few days ago, we saw a senseless, horrible act of terror in Boston. Lives were lost, people were badly hurt, hearts were broken and traumatized. The entire nation grieved, prayed and held hands in unity to show their support for those who didn’t make it, for those who are still battling for their lives and limbs, for families who will never again have the chance to see their love ones.

We barely awakened from the nightmare in Boston when a peaceful town of West in Waco Texas was shaken by a chemical explosion that will too forever change their lives. The town is mourning both from loss of lives and from the unimaginable devastation the explosion has created. The search continues for the missing which gives everyone the much-needed hope.

Images taken by different people reflecting the effects of the tragedy. In the end, we all hope to believe that light will overcome every bit of darkness. That hope will always burn to give courage and strength to all who seek to find it.

Images taken by different people reflecting the effects of the tragedy. We all hope that light will overcome every bit of darkness. That hope will always burn to give courage and strength to all who seek it. When we believe with all our hearts, miracles and positive changes happens.

I told my wife the horrible news as soon as I arrived from work. She was in shock. She can’t believe that about 3 hours from our home, a deadly, massive explosion had happen. As I watched the news, I can’t help but tear up. It was something that could happen to anyone, anywhere.

Peace and calmness will come. We just have to give time a chance to heal those wounds that took our smiles and left us broken.

This serene place is called Cypress Creek in Wimberly Texas. We passed by this beautiful town by accident. As I stared at the waters, it seemed to be saying, “Peace and calmness will come. You just have to give time a chance to heal those wounds that took your smile and left you broken. Joy will come your way. Be patient. Don’t give up on hope.” Sounds like it was not only talking to me. It was meant for all who seek comfort and answers in their lives.

So, today, I wish to offer this post to the people whose lives are forever change by these tragedies. I hope and pray that soon healing will come, that the pain they are going through will go away with the passing of time, that peace, justice, forgiveness, joy and love will come to those who needed them the most. We can no longer pretend to be blind or indifferent to the negative changes around us. We can no longer be passive and just go our usual ways. It’s time to wake up, be aware, to respond and join hearts with one unwavering faith. To work together as a solid community that seeks to uphold what is good and just.

This entry was posted in Events, Life, people, Personal, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to Forever Changed

1. Beautiful. Yes, every day is a blessing, and we should treasure the gift of the day and share it not only with our loved ones, but strangers as well.

2. Mazigrace says:

The Cypress Creek photo is beautiful. How peaceful and serene. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I heard the sad news. I pray for all. Thanks for beautiful post.

4. penpusherpen says:

The Boston tragedy, traveller, .. followed so closely by the explosion in West, underlines so much of life today, … We just never know what’s lying in wait around the next corner, so much of life is precious and we should treat it so.. as a gift not a given …. Many thanks for sharing your thoughts. xPenx

• ” We just never know what’s lying in wait around the next corner, so much of life is precious and we should treat it so.” So true. It is a gift we all should cherish and respect. Thanks.

5. Sonel says:

Lovely post! Thanks for sharing. :)

6. Important post, IT, that helps us process and lead to healing. You have to be feeling this deeply doing what you do each day. Prayers of thanksgiving to workers like you who respond daily to individual devastating needs.

• Thanks Georgette. It’s so easy to be affected by these events and one reason is that it can happen to anyone of us. These are the times that we really need to be vigilant of what’s going on around us.

7. janna hill says:

I had just muted the television and dried my eyes before clicking on here. Now I need another tissue but these tears are for the joy of love and hope that you inspire. Thank you.

8. admin says:

Such a heartbreaking and devastating news, Thanks for sharing your thoughts I pray for all..

9. You have expressed this so well. This is such a sad time, with one tragedy following upon the heels of another. I will hold the serene image of Cypress Creek in my mind, as I wish for peace and healing to everyone in Boston, and in Waco. I wish it for everyone in the world–peace and healing. Thank you for this important reminder.

• Healing is a gift we could pray for all especially the ones needing it more. A place of serenity in our mind does help us calm down and have a little sense of peace. Thanks Naomi.

10. Your description of the Cypress Creek picture gave me chills. I hope for peace for those that were harmed. Thank you for such a beautiful post.

11. Lovely tribute to the people of Boston and those immediately effected by the horrific events. Yes, life does have this quality that proclaims change in one inhale or exhale. We must keep hope in the forefront of our thoughts. Thanks for the heartfelt commentary.

• Thanks Sally. When I saw the 8-year old boy’s old picture, smiling with so much joy in his eyes, I am both angered and sadden that another human being can have a complete disregard for someone’s else life and take it without conscience. Worse, it is happening all over the world.

12. lulu says:

This has, indeed, been a hard week. Realizing how life turns on a dime makes it all the more important to appreciate and enjoy every minute of every day.

It’s been such a terrible week hasn’t it?

Thank you so much for your beautiful words, IT! It’s comforting.
    I’m still in shock…

15. This has been a terrible week in the news for America. A fellow blogger shared these quotes after the Boston bombing earlier this week. There are great quotes to remember in times like these.
    “Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” – Kurt Vonnegut

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.” – Mister Rogers

And this is the quote I’d like to share in these circumstances:
    “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places. But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

• Thank you my friend. These words are indeed comforting and reassuring. We should never give up to seek what is good and we should continue to have faith in humanity. There is light in all of us, we just need to make it brighter for others to see.

A nightmare week! If only it was just a nightmare. So many are still going through agonies. It’s painful to watch. To forgive and move forward- I don’t know how.
    One young man aged 19- what was in his head?

• It was a sad and painful event and everyday we hope and pray that it gets better. I too can’t imagine what’s going on inside the killer’s head. A person who could do such evil is not a man at all. Man is suppose to feel mercy and compassion. He didn’t have that or the likes of him. Sorry that I felt that way but I know I’m not alone in this frustration. Thanks Jo.

17. Events like this make you think. We need to be grateful for every moment we have.

18. Gobetween says:

Very sad and unnecessary.

19. Gracie says:

Sometimes I wonder, what is going on in this world. Sad sad week.
    Praying for better days ahead.

20. ideflex says:

You are so right, we can no longer be passive – it is our civic duty and responsibility to effect positive change, if not for ourselves at least for our children. As I like to say, pick a cause and support it!

• Peace, unity and healing I pray every night. I don’t want my son or any child for that matter to grow up in a world where they live in fear. We have to gain back the many freedom we lost because of this tragedies. Thanks.

My prayers go out to all those in Boston and Texas. We pray that God give us this day for we know not what tomorrow brings. Wonderful post.

22. Lovely post, prayers for all those affected in Boston and Texas!

The Boston massacre has been the first real terrorist attack in our country since 2011. And then there is the explosion in Texas. And we don’t even know if this is an industrial accident or something else. These are tough times for our country. But these are also times where we can shine. We can serve. We can show our compassion and our heroism. And it is also a time when all the petty differences can be set aside and make us unite.

• Yes, this is the time for us to shine and show that good can win together, whatever it takes. We may for a moment be in shock but we have to snap out of it and find ways to rebuild our community, our hearts and spirits. Thanks.

24. So sorry to hear of this tragedy Island Traveler once again an act of evil, so hard to look at those photos thanks for your rememberance for Love, we will be praying for all those who were affected by both.

Christian Love from us both – Anne

• Thanks Anne. More than ever we need to embrace our faith and pray for guidance and strength. Together as one community, we can help to overcome the evil around us. Not easy but it’s possible. God bless.

25. ChgoJohn says:

Even in the midst of so such evil and great tragedy, good shined through. The first responders, the communities, the local and federal governments and agencies, all rushed to the scenes and pitched in. We will never rid the World of evil nor prevent calamitous events. We can, though, be there, offering support and care when and where needed. The people of Boston and West, Texas just showed us how it’s done.

• Yes, it is during this hardships and tragedies that we realize that there is so much good in others and even in ourselves. People reach out and help one another in the most amazing and inspiring way. Thanks.

Travelling from Melbourne today back to the Illawarra we listened on the car radio to President Obama’s moving speech about Boston and the tragedy in the Texas city of West. It was very reassuring to listen to this speech. It supported our belief that America is strong and its people
    resilient and able to overcome tragedies. All over the world people are shocked when something like this happens. We first heard about it in Melbourne. We were then truly shocked and mourning the senseless loss of life and felt for the people who were experiencing such great uncertainty. Now no suspect is on the run anymore. And in Boston people can finally go about their business again. The pictures about the tragedy in West tell a terrible story. The effected people for sure are going to need a lot of help for quite some time.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings by publishing this post.

27. munchow says:

A heartbreaking and touching response to the devastations, my friend. I totally agree with you; it’s time to wake up and not accept all those atrocities inflicted one way or another to people all over the world. And like you I feel for those who have had their lives forever changed.

28. blogbyflogs says:

Thanks for this post. During a week of devastating national news I’m also dealing with really hard news within my personal family and my military family. Your post was needed and spoke straight to my heart.

• Sorry to hear about the hard news in your family and the military family. There are no words to ease the pain of someone who lost a family or friend but somehow it becomes more bearable when we have a community that gives their all out support.

“Don’t give up on hope”….we need to remember that even in the depths of despair. Thank you for such a beautiful interpretation of change IT.

30. We can’t know what is around any corner waiting for us. When it is manmade disaster, such as Boston, it is especially hard to take. Fortunately, the culprits are off the streets and the capture of the second perpetrator may lead to further arrests within the cell of ‘disgruntled’. I join you in keeping all of the victims in my thoughts and prayers.

31. Just want to thank everyone for their generous uplifting comments. I am currently on a weekend reunion with my nursing classmates batch 94. That long! I will get back to you as soon as I can. You all are in my thoughts. Take care…..have a great weekend my friends.

32. Peace and calmness. Yes. Beautiful post, IT. Let’s continue to hope – and work together for that peace. Somehow it will come.

33. Aian Ramos says:

Heartbreaking news indeed…unbelievable at first, like it can’t be happening…but when it becomes so real and so raw in your head, it’s literally heart wrenching. I feel so helpless and scared at the same time but then again I just prayed. I kept saying in my head, be with them, please be with them. Be with these people and give them enough strength and courage to just get through this one.

• Thanks for sharing these. That is a beautiful and generous prayer my friend. I pray everyday that those that been victimized will be healed soon and that they will have the strength to overcome all forms of pain and loss. There are no words that will fully provide comfort but we hope that somehow it will ease the agony somehow.

34. angrygaijin says:

Oh no, I hadn’t heard about this. My prayers go out to these people as well.

• I was shocked too. I was at work when West in Waco started to burn. Most families where at their homes having their usual family time when the first blast destroyed and flattened houses. Horrible event.

thank you for lifting up those whose lives are forever changed by the unfortunate actions from another human being(s)…it is hard to comprehend. i join ♥s with all as we pray for healing wherever great tragedies have changed lives forever.

36. I love the calming photo of Cypress Creek and your message. I wish that peace and calmness will be restored. We are all in this together. I’m convinced that we will emerge from these tragedies stronger … and, I hope, more understanding and compassionate.

37. Imelda says:

Amen to that. May God help the people most adversely affected by the tragedies.

38. Nothing in life is certain, but uncertainty. It’s too easy to sashay through the day, assuming that everything will be the way it was yesterday, and will continue to do the same tomorrow. There is much to stop and be thankful for, and as we walk through our own hurt and pain, we know more what others are going through — and we can be there, with our hands held out to grab theirs.

• So true. A lot of people I know worry about retirement, of what future to have 20-30 years from now and forget that life is fleeting and unpredictable. That tomorrow doesn’t happen for all. Everyday, someone in our planet don’t have a tomorrow. That is a reality of life which a lot of us try to ignore. Today is the day to live like it’s the best day of our lives.

• Thanks for sharing these inspiring comment. I agree, “Nothing in life is certain, but uncertainty, ” and that we should be ready to reach out and grab each others hand when we are experiencing trouble. If only everyone thinks and feels like that, this world will a better place for all. Thanks.

39. Beautiful, comforting words, Island Traveler. I’m still in unbelieve about this terrible news and my heart is weeping for the surviving relatives. May they find the strenghts to go on.

• Yes, may they find the strength and heart to go on. We will be praying for them constantly.

• We can only pray and hope that the pain they go through gets less and less with the passing of time. It’s hard to accept that something so evil happens to good people. People who are young with so much bright future ahead of them. These are the times when we all need to be vigilant and work together as one community againts terror and darkness. Together we shine brightly, strongly. Thanks.

40. dearrosie says:

Beautiful post IT.
    You are always able to express what we all feel. I also hope and pray
    ” that soon healing will come, that the pain they are going through will go away with the passing of time, that peace, justice, forgiveness, joy and love will come to those who needed them the most.”

• Growing up, I also witness a typhoon that brought destruction in my town. I was grateful that everyone in my family were safe but then someone’s love one didn’t make it that day. That saddens me and till now I had to ask why it has to happen again and again. But despite of everything, we should never loose faith and hope. In the end, light will win and overcome darkness. Thanks.

• It is hard not to be involve emotionally and mentally in events like this. What happen there can happen to anyone. This is a time to really show we care and we are involved in making a change. Thanks.

41. A terrible shock, a tragedy… Let us pray for those people in grief and pain. God bless them.

That’s horrible for what had happened. I have friends who live there. :(

43. MythRider says:

3 hours from Boston? For some reason, I thought you were in Galveston, Texas. Were are you?