A Mother’s Love

This week, I hope to pay a tribute to all the mothers in the world not only because it is Mother’s Day but more importantly because everyday you all give light and joy to our world. From the break of dawn to the time we are ready to dream in our sleep, you are always there to give us your unconditional love and affection. We can never repay the sacrifices you’ve made for us but we can love, celebrate and thank you every moment of everyday.

Island Traveler/Mother's Day/ Florida

“Mom, thank you for bringing me to the most fun places.”

As for my version of this week’s challenge, I made a letter for my mom, for my wife in behalf on my 7-year old boy and for all of you who wish to honor their mom everyday.

Happy Mother’s Day to all!

A Mother’s Day Letter To My Mom

Dear Mom,

"Mom, I know you were scared to ride the canoe but you rode with us anyway so me and dad will have a fun time. Thank you mom."

“Mom, I know you were scared to ride the canoe but you rode with us anyway so me and dad will have a fun time. Thank you mom.”

Above the ground, everything seems possible. I can climb the highest stairway that leads to many doors of opportunities and new beginnings. I can pick the biggest dreams that shines brightly on a star-studded sky. I can even pretend that I have superpowers so I can fly to places I longed to be.

Island Traveler/Mother's Day/Weekly Photo Challenge: AboveAbove the ground, I can reach the top of the world. A world where I can be anything I hoped to be.  A world where all my wishes will come true.

Island Traveler/ Weekly Photo Challenge: Above

Above the ground, all I hear are the sound of laughter. Laughter of happiness. Laughter of  peace. Laughter of love that knows no end.

Island Traveler/Mother's Day/Weekly Photo Challenge: Above

Mom, all these, without you to share them with will be incomplete. Your presence gives meaning and substance to every unforgettable experience in my life.

"Mom, remember that place where we flew the kite and played in the water? Oh, and mom, remember that place where we ate sushi and the fish thing? Can we go there again mom?"

“Mom, remember that place where we flew the kite and played in the water? Oh, and mom, remember that place where we ate sushi and the fried shrimp thing? Can we go there again mom?”

Mom, thank you for loving me with all your heart. Thank you for the many times you wiped my tears and helped me smile again. Thank you for believing in me and helping me achieve the things I never thought possible. Thank you for teaching me the right values in life. Values of generosity, kindness, humility, faith and more importantly, love. Thank you for creating a home that gave me the happiest of memories. Memories I will always treasure and take with me where ever I go.

Island Traveler/Mother's Day

“Mom, thank you for giving me the best, happiest childhood there is to have. Till today, I still remember that moment where you baked an Angel cake with colorful marshmallows on top for me and a chocolate cake with M and M’s for my sis during our double Birthday celebration. I was less than 10 years old but I can still vividly remember how happy I was on that day. Thank you for all the love and sacrifices you and dad made for me and my siblings. I will always be grateful.”

I wish I said it more. I wish I embraced and kissed you more. I may not be able to turn back the hands of time but I can create a new one starting now. Everyday, I will celebrate you for being the most beautiful, loving mom any child could ever wish for. Everyday, I will thank God for giving me the chance to know you and be a part of your life. Everyday, I will pray that blessings of love, happiness, peace and good health will surround you and our family always .

“Mom, can I have the Cookies and Cream?”

Island Traveler/Mother's Day/Brehnam

Island Traveler/Mother's Day/ Brehnam

While at Brehnam’s Maifest event, my son saw these turtles. He wanted one so much that he kept circling the turtle booth. Before we left, his mom surprised him by saying, “Okay, which one you like to bring home?” Looking all excited as he said, “Really mom, really?” He held carefully his turtle in a cup the entire trip home. It was more than an hour drive. Before he went to sleep, he named his new friend “Croc.” Guess what he did as soon as he woke up? Bingo!

Island Traveler/Mother's Day/ Brehnam

To the best mom in the world, Happy Mother’s Day!

I love you mom.

Love,

Your Son

Thanks for your sharing your day with me. Today, let’s pay a loving tribute to our mothers as one blogger family. Thank you and cheers to all our moms!

Discover the world of these blogger friends.

Lingering Visions of  http://lingeringvisions.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/weekly-image-of-life-nature/

Paula Jo of  http://lifeslittlebigadventure.blogspot.com

Mrs. Padilly’s of  http://mrspadilly.com/2013/05/03/the-heart-of-the-pedernales/

Hardik Gohil of  http://mang0pe0ple.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/weekly-image-of-life-natures-bliss/

Imelda of  http://mywordwall.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/clouds/

Patricia of  http://lifeofaministermom.com/2013/04/30/weekly-image-of-life-natures-bliss/

Katy of  http://praguebykaty.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/wiol-natures-bliss/

Francine of  http://francineinretirement.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/orange-and-natures-bliss/

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget.

Images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App and Nikon 1 J1.

This entry was posted in family, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to A Mother’s Love

Wonderful tribute to mothers everywhere and especially to the mothers in your family. Wishing all your family a Happy Holiday on Sunday!

Your post is so full of love and gratitude. The photos and words are inspiring and truly wonderful. Happy Mothers’ Day to these precious mothers with whom you are privileged to share your life. :)

3. Praveena says:

Lovely post and lovely photos:) “I may not be able to turn back the hands of time but I can create a new one starting now.”.I like this sentence very much and I wish to create new memories with my mom too.Thanks for sharing:)

4. Indira says:

Lovely tribute to all mothers, inspiring. Wonderful photographs.

5. penpusherpen says:

Your mother sounds wonderful , traveller, … and I bet she’s proud of her son, and his achievements…as all mothers are…that special bond is one to be treasured.. always..
    Many thanks for allowing us into your life and sharing your loving happy family… I join in your tribute and say to all mothers, everywhere. Happy Mothers Day, you are all loved.. xPenx

6. Sartenada says:

So lovely post. My mom died last year and she will stay ever in my memories.

7. Wonderful tribute IT. Croc is in a wonderful home being taken care of by your son who has learned from his mother to care, nurture, feed and delight in just having him around.

8. 1annecasey says:

Beautiful post!

9. munchow says:

A truly inspiring post and a wonderful tribute to your mother – and all mothers. And as always you post beautiful pictures along with your touching words.

10. This endearing commentary about your dedication and love to your mother and mothers in general is packed with sincerity. These are heartfelt images and thoughts.

11. Hardik Gohil says:

Great series of pics. Here is my entry for this week:

12. wolke205 says:

Wonderful as always ❤ I only want to add one arabic quote: “God can’t be everywhere, so he created the mother…” I m not sure if this is the right translation, but I guess you know what I want to say :)

Take care, hugs :)

13. Mrs. Padilly says:

Beautiful tribute! Thank you!!!

14. Isn’t it amazing how often we equate unconditional love with that of a mother? And yet, it’s not an urban myth; it rings true.

But you, my friend, are offering an opportunity for people to see that unconditional love is something that fathers can give as well — only it’s not their day, yet.

A lovely photo and written essay to a mom who sounds like she jumped into the experience with joy, and passed on that joy to the next generation.

15. I have never entered your weekly challenge before, but in looking over the other enjoyable entries, I’m giving it a go — The Ultimate Mother’s Day Gift — http://thiswomanwrites.areavoices.com/2013/05/08/the-ultimate-mothers-day-gift/

The images within are my progeny, as captured by my Norwegian Artist.

16. Pingback: Life Goes By Too Fast; A Continuing Series on Aging | The Day After

17. Marianne says:

How wonderful to offer a challenge to honour mothers :)

Beautiful post, IT :)

So wonderfully expressed, IT. I finish reading it with tears. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and beautiful photos.

19. sheryloben says:

This is such a touching and heartfelt post. Made me miss my mom…

20. barb19 says:

A beautiful tribute to your wife on behalf of your son, and for all the mothers in your family. You have a way with words that makes what you say so special
    Happy Mother’s Day!

21. kz says:

i was really moved by this post. wonderful.

22. What a beautiful tribute to mothers. Happy Mother’s Day to your wife.

23. What a beautiful way to show gratitude to your own mom. I can see she did a great job at raising her son, so she deserves it all. Lovely photos of your son and his mom too. I bet your son will be just as grateful. I’m lucky to have grateful sons too. I hope to get such letter from them when they’re grown men.

24. A beautiful Mother’s Day letter dear Island Traveller, thank you for sharing it with us, how wonderful you are so Loved and you are passing this on to your son by Loving His Mum your wife, her joy she will pass on to him too.

I don’t have Children on earth they are all in Heaven but I have had so much joy from Children whose Parents shared them with me. One year I decided to create a Power Point for Mums, just to thank them like you have done and I posted it last year on our Blog, if you have time to watch it again this year, the link is below.

Blog Post – http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/a-mothers-love/

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

25. Happy Mother’s Day to your wife and your Mom!!!! Mother’s are a blessing indeed.

“No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” ~Godfrey Winn

26. Sweet. Warm. Thoughtful. Filled with love. A fabulous tribute to the woman who gave you life. How absolutely fitting. You are a true wordsmith, IT.

27. What a nice tribute. :)

28. A beautiful tribute. Very special post.

29. I am nominating you for the WordPress Family Award created by Shaun Gibson.
    Kindly link back to me as the one who nominated you. (http://wp.me/p273Pg-h7)
    ~Display the award logo in your blog.
    ~Nominate 10 other bloggers that has impacted your WordPress experience.

30. ~ Lastly, let them know you awarded them. (sorry for the truncated message…)

31. ChgoJohn says:

This was beautifully written, my Friend. A fantastic tribute to all mothers everywhere.

32. tylersat99 says:

Beautiful tribute to your Mother and all Mother’s everywhere:-)

33. becky6259 says:

Lovely! Very special tribute to the two wonderful ladies in your life, and to all mothers everywhere. Thanks for posting!

What a happy day. Children will remember that day when they grow. :)

35. That is such a heartfelt tribute, thank you for sharing it with the world.

My son wants a hamster and my daughter wants a rabbit. We already have a dog. With our air system we’d smell them all the time but a turtle wouldn’t smell that bad hmm….

36. frizztext says:

fine post to celebrate Mother’s Day!

That was so beautiful it made me cry IT. Wish I had said it more too.
    God bless your lovely family. Warm wishes to your mother and wife :-)

38. Tammy says:

What a lovely tribute!

You always say it so beautifully. The power of love!
    I shall expect progress reports on the little turtle. :)

40. Imelda says:

Happy Mother’s Day, IT. This is a lovely tribute to your Mom. You are blessed to have a mother like her. :-)

41. That is the perfect gift! You have touched the hearts of all of the mothers in your family. Well done!!

42. Lisaman says:

Beautiful words… you have a very lucky son who learns such caring from you!

43. Bravo for this very touching letter to your mother :)

44. Pingback: MOTHER’S HARD TASK | Francine In Retirement

BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO MOTHERS! Here is mine: http://wp.me/p23TG1-2EQ

46. Pingback: Mothers around the world | Thirdeyemom

47. thirdeyemom says:

Thanks as always for your wonderful inspiration! I have written this post in honor of Mother’s Day.

48. The photo of the Mom in the canoe. I was in one with my hubby and our daughter and her family was in another. We veered off, heading toward shore where the meerkats were (it was in the Brevard Zoo) and I was panicked. Fortunately, the lady guide came back and talked us safely back to our family. Very scary. Fun, too. Thanks for the beautiful message and photos. Happy Mothers Day to you and yours, and to all.

49. Pingback: Hi Mom! | Simply Charming

thank you for another beautiful and thought filled post, IT. here is my contribution: http://wp.me/p1RzUf-2lW
    Thank you!

51. Sheryl says:

Beautiful–What a wonderful accolade to mothers!

52. Thank God for our mothers.
    Great post, loved the photos. :)

53. As usual, another great post full of inspiration and beautiful pictures!

54. naomimgruer says:

Such lovely photos and sentiments. My favorite is the one of your wife and son holding hands. I know you treasure your treasures! :)

55. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: A Mother’s Love | PragueByKaty

What a lovely tribute to mothers!

57. Wonderful tribute to Mother’s Day. Thanks for sharing :)

58. teoteodora says:

Lovely photos and a lovely family:)

59. abusymom says:

As usual, a beautiful post with beautiful words and pcitures. :) Thank you for sharing.

60. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: A Mother’s Love | Life of a Minister Mom

61. lifeofaministermom says:

Awwww! This is a beautiful and touching tribute to the special mother’s in your life. I especially love the photo of your wife in the long red skirt, reaching her hands out to your son. Beautifully captured and a special glimpse into the huge heart I know she has for her family. You are a blessed man indeed!! You’ll find my entry here! http://lifeofaministermom.com/2013/05/16/weekly-image-of-life-a-mothers-love/

Belated Happy Mom day to your best ever friend!

63. What a beautiful letter to your mom, and to all moms.

64. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: A Mothers Love | The Day After