Fleeting Moments To Keep

I didn’t realize that one of my most memorable Summer vacation falls on Father’ Day week. Yesterday, I told my wife with a huge smile on my face, “Hey, we will be at the beach on Father’s Day.” Smiling back she replied, “Yes, we will be. It’s my Father’s Day gift to you and a Summer treat to our son.”

Everyday we experience many fleeting moments. Some we easily forget while others last a lifetime. Today, I kept a few to stay forever.

Island Traveler/Fleeting

Island Traveler/Fleeting

Island Traveler/Fleeting

This entry was posted in family, Life, Love, parenting, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Fleeting Moments To Keep

1. I’ve missed you. Hope that your mini-summer retreat adds memorable images to your treasure trove.

2. janna hill says:

Here is wishing you a blessed & joy filled weekend. May your stars all be within reach. :)
    Happy Father’s Day

3. Happy Father’s Day and enjoy your beach day!

4. Happy Father’s Day!

5. penpusherpen says:

I echo all good wishes for a Happy Fathers Day, traveler, . fleeting moments, but as you so rightly say, they last in the mind and heart forever. Happiness is contagious, many thanks for putting a smile upon my face. all good wishes to you and your family, and enjoy your holiday. xPenx

6. Purely.. Kay says:

We all need a summer retreat. I hope you enjoy your time at the beach. I wish I could go :)

Happy Father’s day, IT! Have a great day at the beach :)

8. What a perfect place and way to spend Father’s Day–with your favorite people in the world! Have a lovely time!

Thought I hadn’t seen you about! Have a truly wonderful Father’s Day. You’ve earned it. :)

10. The best of two world…and more I guess. Have a fantastic Father’s Day :)

11. Colline says:

Enjoy your trip and Father’s day on the beach :)

12. bulldog says:

Have a good time and we look forward to more posts…

13. Sonel says:

Lovely photo’s once again IT and wishing you and your family a lovely weekend and super Father’s Day. Enjoy! :D *hugs*

14. Gracie says:

I’m sure it’ll be one beautiful Father’s day celebration :)
    Happy Father’s day, Island Traveler!

15. Arindam says:

Happy father’s day, bro! I am sure your son is going to make this day special for you!! :)

16. I LOVE the beach. Have you ever noticed how happy people seem there? They run, they play in the sand, they stare at the waves — they smile at you as you pass one another. Oh, and they walk and walk, just listening to the surf. It’s a beautiful, liberating, memory making place. A happy father’s day to you — you shine your light of love for your family out to the world.

• You are so right. People you don’t know wave at you, smile, even offer a helping hand. Everyone has sunshine in their hearts. I told my wife, “why can’t we have this most of the time? Whe can’t life feel like we are at the beach most of the time?” I’m giving her a hint of where I want to relocate next years from now.

17. shoes says:

Wishing you a wonderful beach – filled Father’s Day Weekend! Just being with family, and on the beach to boot, makes it a special one I am sure. Enjoy!

Happy Father’s Day. We’ll have it tomorrow.

19. bebs1 says:

Happy Father’s Day. Am sure your family will make it memorable for all of you!

20. Have a great father’s day vacation / getaway! It doesn’t matter where you spend it as long as it’s with your loved ones but I’m sure the nice location helps. :-)

21. naomimgruer says:

Have a wonderful Father’s day with your beautiful family!

22. Pingback: Happy Fathers Day | Freedomborn … Set Free Eternally

23. Indira says:

Happy Father’s Day, have a nice , happy weekend. Blessings.

24. Hi Island Traveler hope your day is very Special and I’m sure you will all have a wonderful time, I have a gift for you see link below, thank you for all we have shared together, you have blessed us greatly.

Blog Post – http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2013/06/15/happy-fathers-day/

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

• I’m honored my friend. Your post is full of warm and kind thoughts. Father’s Day is about letting our family and friends know through any means how much they matter to us. Thank you.

25. So sweet. I hope your Father’s Day is absolutely as full of joy and love as these pictures.

26. Lisaman says:

Hope you have a very happy fathers day tomorrow!!

Have a beautiful summer vacation and a very happy Father’s Day on the beach! :-)

28. May you have a meaningful Father’s Day.

happy Father’s Day and may you and your family find great joy at the beach! ☺

30. becky6259 says:

Have a wonderful, warm weekend and a great Father’s Day!

31. What a great place to spend Father’s Day. Hope it’s terrific.

32. ChgoJohn says:

Glad to see this post and that all’s well. A retreat to a beach sounds like the perfect way for a family to spend Father’s Day. Enjoy your time together. :)

33. ladyfi says:

Just lovely. Have a wonderful day.

34. Happy Father’s Day IT, I hope it was very special and memorable.

35. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful ! Enjoy your special day!

I’m sure you had a really special Fathers’ Day, because you’re such a great dad. :)

37. Praveena says:

Beautiful!!Happy Father’s day.Hope you had a memorable moments with your son!!!

38. Keep making those beautiful memories with you son. It’s one you’ll all treasure forever. Happy belated Father’s Day.

• I know. I may not be rich materially but I feel rich from within knowing I had so much great memories with him and his mom. In the end, love and family are all that matters.

39. Hope your Father’s Day was the best!
    @))–>>—–

40. Ajaytao2010 says:

I Nominate you for a Special Bouquet of Awards – 3 Nominations

please accept it and oblige

there are no linkbacks for this award

41. LB says:

Hope you enjoyed your vacation and Fathers Day!

42. Hi! I am sure you had a great Father’s Day, creating beautiful, warm, and lasting memories for your son.

Happy Father’s Day, Bro!

It’s been a while…At this point, it’s safe to say I’m back. I have a lot to catch up here…

44. munchow says:

What better way to spend Father’s Day? And as always lovely and inspiring photos.

45. TBM says:

Hope you had a wonderful time!

46. Island Traveler … I nominated your blog for the Sunshine Award. The rules and my comments are on my blog. http://earth-rider.com/2013/06/20/thank-you-thank-you/

47. Another beautiful post and photos!!! Hope you had a wonderful Father’s Day!! ~Sophia

48. MikeP says:

Big happy fathers day to you… my youngest just got married in TX and gave me this t-shirt with 2 of my fav pics of her and a beautiful saying to her PoPs… your post brought this moment back for me…. thanks and stay cool down there!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration. Having a bad day…well week and seeing your awesome photos and inspirational messages help a little. Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Haha :D Your son is very lucky. You both love him so much!

51. Lisaman says:

Hope you are ok…. missing your posts!!

• I am. Just been so busy. After the week of vacation, back to work the next day plus overtime for the succeeding vacations. Got to work hard to play hard, right? Thanks.

I am sure you had a wonderful time with your family. Belated Father’s Day wishes IT. You are one of the best :-)

Such wonderful treasured moments! Beautiful images!