Summers, Sunsets And Companionship

Summer comes to mind dreamy days by the beach and countless sunsets that opened our hearts to the things we missed.

20130701-035017.jpg

Summer is all about bonding, companionship and bringing together friends and family to share fun times to cherish and remember.

20130701-053157.jpg

Summer help us see the world through a child’s perspective. Magical, optimistic, loaded with creativity and all things good.

Island Traveler/Summer, sunsets, companionship

Summer reminds us that there’s more to life other than what the world wants us to believe. That it has meaning and purpose. That it’s all about living it to its fullest potentials.

20130701-055645.jpg

Summer guides us back to where we are happiest and most content. It leads us back to a home where sunsets warms the heart and awakens the soul.

20130701-060517.jpg

Thank you for sharing your day with me.

Wishing everyone endless days of amazing Summers, sunsets and companionship.

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Summer Adventures, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Summers, Sunsets And Companionship

1. TBM says:

How beautiful. Wishing you and your family a wonderful summer filled with loving memories.

2. that’s a great shot of the three boys on the boogie boards (?) there’s so much ‘right’ about it.. the blues in the foreground line the eye toward the background, and then the blues of the umbrellas bring the eye back around to the right then back down to the blue in the first shirt again…

3. Summer brings so much opportunity for families to be together in new ways. I know that your family and you will grab every chance to make new memories. Lovely as always.

Thanks for sharing a beautiful summer day at the beach with the boys!

Lovely to see the evidence of your hard-earned happy holiday. That sunset on the pirate ship is a real beauty. :)

• It was truly a well deserved vacation. Sometimes we have to slow down and take a moment to really appreciate life and its many blessings. A holiday away from it all provides the perfect opportunity for that.Thanks jo.

6. Gracie says:

Beautiful post and photos. May you and your family enjoy many more warm summer days ahead!

7. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful as always!

8. Thank you Island Traveler for a beautiful focus on Summer and your insightful words below show the importance of taking the time to be with those we Love and appreciating and giving thanks for God’s awesome Creation…

“Summer gives many Sunsets but the ones that last and change our lives are those we gaze at with the people that gives meaning and color to our lives. ”

I’m still creating your Power point but I was wondering if I can use some of your Pictures, I have saved some of them but will look for others if it is ok.

Christian Love from us both – Anne.

• Thank you Anne. Can’t wait for that powerpoint post. Summers are but a few of the many season and moments that makes us appreciate the many gifts and blessings of God. It makes us see the goodness in others and around us.

9. Sonel says:

What a great post and photo’s once again IT. Enjoy the lovely summer and have lots of fun! :D *hugs*

• Sonel says:

PS: Questions regarding your weekly challenge IT : Do you post it on a specific day for the week, how many photo’s are we allowed to post and any other rules? I am sorting out my Weekly Photo Challenges Page : http://sonelcorner.wordpress.com/weekly-blog-challenges/ and would like to sort them under the days that they are posted for the week.

If I may suggest that you could maybe create a new page where it will be visible on the menu, explaining how the challenge works and putting your “Weekly Image of Life” button on there too so every one that wants to take part can then link to your image and your post for the week. :D

• Thanks Sonel . I really appreciate the thoughtfulness. It was meant to be weekly and there is no particular day of the week. But I know that life can be so hectic and busy thus, I sometimes have it twice or thrice a month. My aim is to give the readers more freedom to choose what’s easy and convenient for them. So, future wise, it may turn simply into “Images of Life,” if things really get that crazy busy.

• Sonel says:

You are very welcome IT and it’s only a pleasure my friend. It’s no problem and I will just then put it under the “Weekly” challenges for now. I do hope things don’t get crazier than it is now. I am trying to cope this side already. :D

• Thanks Sonel. We try our best to follow our passions although a lot of times, we can’t escape the craziness of our job and other responsibilties. What matters is we keep going and trying.

10. Absolutely beautiful post. I really enjoyed the vivid imagery. And thank you so much for using my post in your related articles section. I am following you now and can’t wait to see some more of your amazing posts. Thanks again and God bless!

11. Hi Mr. B … heart-warming post again. may your summer be filled with more meaningful memories together! your son is growing up so fast … i remember mine who used to be right up my elbows and today towers over me. i am blessed by the moments you and your wife spend with him, he will surely have great memories to share with your grandchildren … but of course that is in the far distant future ;) — April

• Everyday is a sweet blessing watching our children grow and mold into amazing, generous people. They remind us of God’s love and the joys he meant to share with us in this lifetime. Wishing you and your family tons of beautiful Summers ahead.

12. Imelda says:

Your post reminded me of summers past in the Philippines. My summers as a young child meant looking for ripe fruits everywhere – even the neighbor’s yard: mango, duhat, siniguelas, caimito, etc. Ay…

13. naomimgruer says:

Such a nice post. Love the shot of the three boys in the water waiting to catch a wave!

• One of them was my son. He was really happy and excited that day. He felt sad when we left. He said, “Is Summer over?” I told him, “No, it just began.” He looked pleased with my response. We can make Summer a forever if we want it to be. Thanks Naomi.

14. Lisaman says:

I do miss the beach especially looking at these photos

Lovely photos. Looks like everyone is having a great time. Summer is here again and your boy is one summer older!

16. munchow says:

Summer is a lovely season. It’s the time to spend with family and ones close to you. And what better way to do so than on the beach. Lovely pictures as always, very nicely processed.

• This year, we decided to spend most of our Florida days basking under the Sun, close to the sea and away from the crazy madness of long, hot walks on those busy theme parks. Best decision ever!

17. Summer … it’s a wonderful time to kick back and relax, enjoy time with your friends. Thanks for the memories you revive with your wonderful photos.

18. ChgoJohn says:

Another wonderful post and reminder to take the time to look at and enjoy each Summer day as a child would. And, as always, your photos beautifully illuminate your point.

• Thanks John. As I get older, I feel that time is never enough to make as much happy memories with my family. My motto now, “Live today” to the fullest if I got the chance to do so. So, far it’s working like magic!

19. Pingback: Photography: Companionables – 3 | Bastet and Sekhmet

20. penpusherpen says:

through a child’s eyes, Traveler, the simplicity and acceptance of summer days and happiness. Always the best way to see things. to experience what life has to offer if you’d only take part. Many thanks for sharing your lovely family and uplifting thoughts . xPenx.

21. Colline says:

I wish you and yours the best summer as well.

22. Beautiful summer, sunset and companionship photos! I hope you have a great summer with your family. Ours started with a week’s vacation in the green mountains of Southern California so I can’t complain so far.

• Southern California is beautiful with so many Nature blessed places to make happy memories with our love ones. I wish I explored more when I was still living there but perhaps soon, destiny will call me back to such an exciting state. Thanks.

23. Beautiful photos and post!!! We’ve been enjoying our summer days on the beach as well. We’ve been fortunate enough to see wild dolphin and manatees. The warm summer days are just wonderful! Enjoy!!! ~Sophia

• Wow! Dolphins and manatees….that is an exciting and fun discovery. We did see several during our last visit to Florida. Made me jump like a kid! Thanks Sophia.

24. MikeP says:

Ahh… summer… not as hot in Jersey as it is in TX but very warm memories indeed!!!

25. Anywhere we are Summer brings that awesome feeling and inspires us to be more adventurous. Thanks Mike. Wishing you and your family a great Summer.

I have to say that the sunset photo is super amazing! :D

Wonderful photos of the children enjoying themselves. I’m sure they will remember these summer days for ever. The sunset pic is amazing. :)

beautiful summer season and your family radiates love and happiness. as always, your images…heart warming. ♥

29. Beautiful summer photo’s and quotes. Have a wonderful summer IT :)

30. Pingback: Friendship Formulae |Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable II | SimplySage

31. As always, I enjoy your photos! I love the way you describe summers:-)

32. I just love the photos of your son and his companions. these images make me smile from the inside out!!!

Blessings to you!!

Patricia

33. terrietez says:

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.