As we looked at the sky, fireworks burst into colors of red, white and blue. A spectacular sight that reminded us of the many blessings of being free to follow our own stars.
The parade started off with vintage planes zooming passed above us.
Then came the uniquely decorated floats.
We excitedly moved closer to the parade floats as beads and candies were being thrown into the air. My son gave me a big smile as he ate the first candy he caught.
We got to sing and dance too as the “Dancing Queen” band sang some upbeat music. Too bad it lasted only for a few minutes.
Finally, the much awaited fireworks began. Everyone looked and sounded thrilled as the first few fireworks lit up the sky. It was breathtakingly glorious!
I felt like the fireworks were exploding just above me. So close I felt its particles falling on my hair. My wife was smart. She wore her shades to protect her eye from the falling debris. Yep, just like in the song “Sunglasses At Night.”
We went home still ecstatic from all the things we’d seen. The event was more than just a nostalgic celebration of a priceless gift of independence given to every American and to those who believe that “all men and women” have every right to be free, to follow their dreams and be anything they choose to be. That every person can shine like the brightest stars and be the key of their own destiny.
The fireworks never got burned out that night. Every person who knew what it meant and what it symbolized kept it alive and forever on fire in their hearts.
Thank you for sharing you day with me and for following the many dreams I made. Sometimes those dreams don’t really turn out the way I hoped them to be but the best part is, tomorrow I get to make brand new dreams and so can you.
Anything red, white and blue that inspired you lately?
- Hooray for the Red, White, & Blue (inspiredhealthyorganized.wordpress.com)
- Red, White, and Blue- Happy Independence Day (molliesong.wordpress.com)
- Red, White and that Blue (karenandbeech.wordpress.com)
- Red, White and Blue…… Happy 4th of July!! (uniquegiftsandinteriors.wordpress.com)
- Long Island Kids in Red, White and Blue (momeefriendsli.wordpress.com)
- The 4th of July: A parade, a houseboat and fireworks (cmbates.wordpress.com)
- Our 4th of July Festivities (myhappilyeverafterprov169.wordpress.com)
- ‘Macy’s Fourth Of July Spectacular’ Live Stream: Watch Online (hollywoodlife.com)
- Midlanders delight in Fourth of July celebrations, weather (mywesttexas.com)
- Jake’s Fireworks Announces Top Ten Fireworks for Independence Day 2013 (prweb.com)