Fourth Of July’s Red, White And Blue

As we looked at the sky, fireworks burst into colors of  red, white and blue. A spectacular sight that reminded us of the many blessings of being free to follow our own stars.

Early that night, we started our 4th of July celebration with a parade at the Galveston‘s Seawall.

20130708-022619.jpg

20130707-095040.jpg

The parade started off with vintage planes zooming passed above us.

20130707-191034.jpg

20130707-100901.jpg

Then came the uniquely decorated floats.

20130707-100807.jpg

20130707-095524.jpg

We excitedly moved closer to the parade floats as beads and candies were being thrown into the air. My son gave me a big smile as he ate the first candy he caught.

20130707-095703.jpg

We got to sing and dance too as the “Dancing Queen” band sang some upbeat music. Too bad it lasted only for a few minutes.

20130707-100744.jpg

Finally, the much awaited fireworks began. Everyone looked and sounded thrilled as the first few fireworks lit up the sky. It was breathtakingly glorious!

20130708-021015.jpg

I felt like the fireworks were exploding just above me. So close I felt its particles falling on my hair. My wife was smart. She wore her shades to protect her eye from the falling debris. Yep, just like in the song “Sunglasses At Night.”

IMG_1539

We went home still ecstatic from all the things we’d seen. The event was more than just a nostalgic celebration of a priceless gift of independence given to every American and to those who believe that “all men and women” have every right to be free, to follow their dreams and be anything they choose to be. That every person can shine like the brightest stars and be the key of their own destiny.

IMG_1533

The fireworks never got burned out that night. Every person who knew what it meant and what it symbolized kept it alive and forever on fire in their hearts.

Today’s Weekly Image of Life is called Red, White and Blue.

Anything red, white and blue that inspired you lately? What are some of your life events that made you feel like the sky is all lit up with fireworks?

Thank you for sharing you day with me.

This entry was posted in Events, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to Fourth Of July’s Red, White And Blue

1. Happy independence day and your usual cheerful images.

2. becky6259 says:

Looks like you had a fun-filled Independence Day! Beautiful fireworks, and the flyovers and floats look exciting and fun as well — glad your family was together having a great evening!

3. Hardik Gohil says:

Great adventurous trip and superb pics. Here is my entry for this week:

4. janna hill says:

The flying red white & blue in my yard reminds and inspires me as do your words “Every person who knew what it meant and what it symbolized kept it alive and forever on fire in their hearts.” Here’s hoping the wind fans that symbolic flame in everyone’s heart.

5. Great pictures… : ) and thank you for linking the red, white and blue pics of kids of Long Island from my blog!

6. Dale says:

Great pics…looks you and your family had a wonderful 4th!

7. Colline says:

Looks like such a fun parade.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful 4th of July. Experiencing life and dreams is what it is all about. Wishing you many more wonderful life experiences for you and your family.

These are great pics! An awesome way to celebrate. Thanks for sharing, IT!

• Life is about celebrating as much events and things that create fireworks in our lives. Just got lucky that I was there…I’m hoping to have more through the years. Thanks Amy.

10. A beautiful, colorful, tribute to our Independence Day. Excellent photos of the parade and fireworks. Looks like you had a great time.

We were fortunate to be able to celebrate July 4th with our eldest daughter, son-in-law, and our two grands. At night, we watched the fireworks – down the street – from the comfort of our lanai and thanked heaven that no one got hurt as they shot off the rockets, etc.

11. What a fun time you all had. They certainly go all out there, but I here they do things big in Texas. I even had very BIG French toast there once. :-D

12. Ruth says:

Looks like a spectacular celebration. Felt like I was celebrating right along with you as I looked at the photos.

13. Wow, I never heard of a 4th of July parade at night. That looks like it was a very fun day for the family!

14. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Red, White, and Blue | The Wish Factor

Looks like you had a great Fourth of July! I loved the parade floats at night… they looked awesome! Here’s my take on your challenge hope you enjoy :)

16. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Red, White And Blue | masadiso79's Blog

17. masadiso79 says:

In Greece we do not have the celebration of July 4th, so there I don’t have any relevant photographs to post. But since you ask if there’s anything red, white and blue that inspired me lately, here’s my entry: http://goomfh.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/weekly-image-of-life-red-white-and-blue/ I hope you enjoy!

18. Indira says:

Spectacular of the Independence Day.Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

19. I love the next to the last photo…it seems to make a firework bouquet with its blooms and stem. Happy 4th to you and your family.

20. Hi Island Traveler, the photos are great, I wish I could have seen them in person. You often bring back good memories for me , Thank you. As a child I really enjoyed cracker night, we use to have big bonfires and fireworks like yours, everyone in the neighbourhood would come, and celebrate together, we use to bring food and have a night picnic and next day we would search for firecrackers that had not ignited, it was fun to see who could find the most.

Yes what we focus on in our heart is very important because our actions will follow and without God we cannot achieve anything in this life that has real value for eternity, when we seek to be independent of Him, whatever treasure we strive for and obtain will prove to be empty, like Children we Trust and obey Him and then as we reflect His Light, we shine.

Take Care – Christian Love Always from both of us – Anne

• Thanks Anne. i have somewhat a similar happy childhood memory of being around friends and family to share and celebrate these kind of events. I do miss them sometimes although now I can make new ones with family every chance I get. God bless.

21. Thanks for sharing this lovely day with us, IT. I agree with your dreams..you can always make new ones. Very well said :)

22. ChgoJohn says:

As a boy, few things were so thrilling as watching a large fireworks display on the 4th — and there was never a parade! What a great way for you and your family to spend the 4th! Thank you for taking us along.

Independence is something to celebrate indeed. The pictures are perfect for the title, bro.

It’s interesting how we see things as grown-ups but it’s more interesting when we’re a bit younger…

• So right Bro. Everything I think is way more exciting and fun when we are younger. It’s all day long of advemtures without the need to worry about responsibilites and such.

24. Sonel says:

Looks like you had lots of colourful fun indeed IT. Great post and thanks for sharing. :D *hugs*

What glorious celebrations and such wonderful pictures of it. Thanks for sharing all this. :-)

This is a unique celebration. Great photos, as always. I guess you can say, in spite of all the arguing, backstabbing, ragtag mess our politicians seem to make of our systems, in spite of the painful differences, we are a great nation.

• Yes, despite of everything about the craziness of politics and economy, we are a great nation. There are still so many things to look forward too beyond the problems we face and that of our country.

Happy scenes from your Independence Day celebrations. The last one is really stunning. :)

28. As usual your pictures bring us right into the moment. Thanks for sharing this celebration from you part of the world! I appreciate it.

29. naomimgruer says:

America is far from perfect, but in 2013 we can openly practice whatever religion we choose, live where we want, befriend who we want and discuss different political views with each other. I try to keep up with current events and that is certainly not the case in many parts of the world.

• I agree, America has changed a lot and the so called “American Dream” has long disappeared for a lot of our countrymen but it is still a country blessed with the so many things. I just hope people realize that and stop blaming things on others and just try to work together as one nation. As for that fast vanishing “American Dream, ” there are still other dreams that we can find such as the dream to “have our lives back,” after the storms that we’d been through. Thanks for sharing.

30. Wow, that looks like QUITE a celebration!

31. I’m so glad you had a nice celebration. Your pictures tell the story as well. Looks like pure fun.

32. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Red, White, and Blue | The Day After

I guess you’ve been pretty busy since your wonderful celebration? Hope life’s still treating you kindly. :)

34. What a delightful post! Your photos are so vivid. I went to Galveston once, many years ago.
    I came to the U.S. on July 4th and I am forever grateful for the many opportunities I have here. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and thoughts with the world. A blessed day to you too:-)

35. TBM says:

I do miss celebrating the 4th. Hope your summer is going well.

36. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Beautiful & wonderful :)

37. You have an interesting blog. Totally got a well deserved follower from here! :)

wow! you got some terrific shots! love the one with all the camera phones taking the photos while you captured the fireworks and them. :)

39. hi, Mr. B, praying that all is well with you. i dropped by to “thank you” for being a part of my milestone for my first year at blogging — you have been the first one who believed in me and your heartfelt encouragements continue to inspire me. maraming salamat po (i know i am older than you … am giving respect for your kindness and talent). may the good Lord bless you and your loved ones with much more abundance — looking forward to seeing more “kwentos” (narrations) of your family moments :) — April