The Best Masterpiece

The world is full of masterpieces that inspired so many.

There’s the mysterious smile of Mona Lisa that captivated millions around the world.

DSC_6924

There’s the Big Ben that every child saw when they watched Peter Pan, Wendy and her brothers as they flew above London on their way to Neverland where everyone can stay a happy child forever.

DSC_7783

If one wish to find romance and celebrate love, there’s the Eiffel Tower. I assure you, it’ll sweep you off your feet and make you believe in “Love at first sight.”

IMG_2748

Then there’s the beautiful Windsor Castle where real royalties live. A place where kings and queens, prince and princesses are more than just the fairy tales we read about. Did I see the Queen Elizabeth or Princess Kate? Nope, but that’s okay. I already have my queen who stood with me in every victory and battle in my life. I bet you have one too!

DSC_8077

There are so many masterpiece that we will see in this lifetime but the best masterpiece is already beating and very much alive in our hearts.

DSC_7076

Thank you for sharing your day with me. Life has been very tough with me lately that sometimes, it is hard to breathe. Then I look back at the many masterpiece events, moments and blessings in my life and somehow, they gave me the strength and encouragement to stand up, start fresh and head towards the masterpiece of a grand plan called “Life.”

What’s the best masterpiece that opened your heart and made you see life with new perspective? Whatever it is, may it always give you wings to fly and help you reach the happiest of places and moments.

This entry was posted in Culture, Events, family, Life, photography, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

121 Responses to The Best Masterpiece

1. Colline says:

All these masterpieces were wondrous to see. What is amazing is that they were created so long ago before the age of technology and machines that would have made the building of them so much easier.

2. I must say, i’ve been stumped by how to do this challenge and really like your interpretation! Sharing your own pics of iconic places was a REALLY good idea.
    Love what you said about your queen too! :) A good marriage is one of life’s best blessings!

3. Pingback: Photo Project: 52 Bolivian Sundays [week 30, 'Masterpiece']. | 3rdculturechildren

4. Wishing you the best – great masterpieces.

The most beautiful way to express the masterpiece, IT. Thank you!

6. janna hill says:

Another wonderful journey. Thank you. :)

7. So glad that these masterpieces inspire you, and that you shared your inspirations with us.Thinking about you.

8. Your photo are so fitting for the theme! I like the accolade you gave your wife.
    I’m sorry about the tough life experiences you’ve been having of late. I trust that you and your family (with God’s guidance and intervention) will find a way out of these challenges.

• I told my queen, “We got married in both the worst and the best of times. We’ll make it through this storm together.” And yes, God is there always to help us make it through. Thanks.

9. Imelda says:

So true. Human beings are the greatest masterpiece of all. :-)

10. Oh what a treat to find your blog through your pingback to mine. I am loving your blog!!!

11. I appreciate how you take the concept of masterpieces and allow it to give perspective to lighten your life’s load for the moment…

Beautiful thoughts with your post. Keep breathing…one breath at a time with your family by your side.

13. when you are facing difficult times, you can look at your precious son and beautiful wife and know that your life has purpose and meaning. they are your true masterpieces!

we often thank those frustrations and disappointments later, when we have found our way through the mazes and stepped back into the wonderful sunlight. because of those obstacles, we grew and became wiser.

you’re an amazing gift to all of us; never forget that!
    z

• Thanks Z. One of the most beautiful comments I’ve ever read. Yes, my family are my best masterpiece. With them, I am stronger, better, a survivor of just about anything. God bless you my friend and your family.

14. I see from the comments that you’re having difficulties right now. I can tell you have your priorities straight, which is a good base from which to work. I pray that a masterpiece is being worked in your life and the lives of your family through the trials and that they will pass quickly.]

janet

• One day I am on cloud 9, the next morning, struggling to get up. It gives me comfort to have real family and friends, including my blogger family who from the start kept me motivated with their kind and encouraging words. Life is indeed a blessing even if there are days when we wake up almost in tears. Oh, well, it can’t be all rainbows and sunshine everday right? Thanks. Best wishes to you and your love ones.

You have chosen some wonderful masterpieces to share with us.

16. Iñigo Boy says:

all beautiful masterpieces!

Hello my friend..it is a long time since I have spoken with you…When you get old like me you will find that life’s BIG problems are but a trickle…there is nothing to worry about…Pass it to the Lord.
    Your son is growing very fast and looks very grown up at Big Ben..you obviously enjoyed your visit

• Yes, I did pass it to our Lord. He never fails to be with us in both the highs and lows of our lives. I hope you can update me with your blog link. I am unable to find it. Thanks Patricia. Have a blessed day.

18. Valentina says:

I have been challenged as well in these past months, hard time help us getting tougher. Your interpretation of this theme is well done and I am so happy you have your queen standing by you.

19. Great ideas… looks like you are having an amazing adventure and vacation. Wishing you well hope all is OK. Sending you positive happy thoughts :)

20. Such a lovely collection of world famous masterpieces that people travel from all over to see!

21. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece | Pictures for Froghopper

22. tmso says:

Great collection!

23. bulldog says:

Great post as usual… another winner for sure…

24. Sonel says:

Stunning masterpieces for sure IT! Thanks for sharing. :D

25. Iamrcc says:

Wonderful post. Thanks for the like of my representation of “Masterpiece”.

26. God’s sustaining grace has been life’s greatest masterpiece and it brought me through my own dark night of the soul. I will be praying.

• Thanks Joseph. During these dark times that God seem to be at his greatest influence in our lives. He is our hope and strength. He is there always when others had abandon us during our most difficult of moments.

27. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece | Flickr Comments

I’m sorry you’re facing tough challenges, I hope things improve soon!

• It gets better by the day. More smiles everyday. Time is a great healer, so is an open heart that forgives and moves on. Best part, we have a loving God who gives us comfort as well us a family and real friends that stands by our side in our worst moments. Thanks.

29. Hi Island Traveler, I’m sorry to hear you have been going through a hard time but do not fear, like you shared and as God tells us your both not alone (see below) yes you do have the best Masterpiece in your heart, He is an original and His value beyond earthly reckoning.

Lamentations 3: 33 For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Isaiah 43:1-3 – Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.”

Jeremiah 29 :11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

• That is beautiful Anne. God’s words full of light, hope and love that endures always and forever. I particulary find Isaiah 43:1-3 heading straight to my heart. In moments of despair, we find comfort and joy with God, our family and the genuine friends who stayed when the rest were nowhere to be found. Thank you. God bless you and Ron.

Our masterpiece is a picture of Mt. Fuji. It’s a famous mountain in our country.

Wishing you a blessed, beautiful day too. All these masterpieces in your post are beautiful and very inspiring. Thank you. :-)

32. lidipiri says:

You are inspiring. I can relate to at times not being able to breathe. I wish you strength and courage and faith to accomplish and triumph in the grand plan that is Life!

• Thank you. It feels good to know I am not alone and that others go through a similar stage of life, only at a different time. I saw my parents go through some hard times too growing up and how they made it through inspires me to follow on their footsteps. And yes, faith in God never fails to help us overcome all troubles.

33. TBM says:

Wonderful photos and interpretation of masterpiece. Having family is the greatest gift of all. I’m wishing you the best and sending positive thoughts.

34. Pingback: B4 Retouch / Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (Musée d’Orsay) | What's (in) the picture?

Dude what a great shot of Big Ben, love it. Well all your pics are good, but that Big Ben one was pretty awesome. You definitely know the definition of masterpiece and show it well in your photographs and family adventures. Good post my friend :)

• As I looked at the Big Ben for the first time, I said to myself, “Oh, wow! It does exist.” The first time I saw it was when I watched the Disney “Peter Pan” when i was a child. Life is full of surprises! Thanks.

You describe a true masterpiece well IT. You are wise and I know you can and will overcome your present crisis. Sending you happy vibes and prayers :-).

• Thanks for the happy vibes and prayers. I do need them. It feels good to know that so many expressed warm and kind words of encouragement and comfort. In this lifetime, we need as much of these as we can. God bless you and your family.

Hey, great selection of iconic images and places. These are such timeless masterpieces. I hope your son remembers them through history classes!

38. naomimgruer says:

I hope that remembering your masterpiece moments brings you strength. Knowing your true masterpieces are your family will bring you hope.

39. A collection of masterpieces! Fabulous. Good seeing you again,, IT.

40. I’ll second you on the Eiffel Tower as I grew up a few miles away from it. The other masterpieces are great choices too. My kids are my best masterpieces for sure. I wish you luck dealing with what life has dealt you. These past few years have been very rough for me and my kids but I have plenty of hope that this year is going to be our best in a long time. We’ve had our ups and downs and the ups make it all worth it.

• I hope and pray that you and your family with have the best of days and years to come. Our family give us the love and strength we need to surpass the storms and every dark cloud. No matter what, we feel blessed because of them.

You’ll always find strength in yourself and beauty in the world and we love you for it. The image of your boy looking up at Big Ben is wonderful. Hope times get easier soon. :)

• Watching him looking up the sky in that picture, full of awe, wonder and hope gives me peace and comfort during this times of hard times. Gives me the inspiration that in time, I can spread my wings and fly with all the joy and peace I could ever wish for. Thanks.

42. penpusherpen says:

I see traveler, that you have visited Britain and seen the sights of London. I keep trying to visit our Capital every year, to tread the streets that have seen so much History, walking where countless feet through the ages have walked. I try to imagine what it was like, how people lived, but only by living at that time would you get the ‘feeling’ of it. We are a thread, travelling ever onwards from the beginning of our existence, and the beauty I find is living every day and experiencing gift of life Sometimes hardships make us wonder if we can cope, but of course we can, tomorrow is a new day, Hope your hardships are few and easily sorted my friend. xPenx

• “We are a thread, travelling ever onwards from the beginning of our existence, and the beauty I find is living every day and experiencing gift of life .” Just beautiful and all so true. Hope does gives us the drive to keep going. That tomorrow, everything will be better than yesterday. Thanks for a very generous comment.

43. melanie says:

glad to have come across your awesome blog… :-) so, you’ve come to Paris, France, too, yesss! :-) I used to live in Paris for several years… my very best and have a great week! Cheers, Mélanie

• Wow! You actually got to live there and be one with such a wonderful city. You’re blessed to be so up close and got to savor its many amazing gifts. Thanks.

• melanie says:

Paris is really wonderful – as a tourist! :-) It was our personal choice to move out to Toulouse(1h-flight from Paris), the European capital of space & aviation, and we’ve never regretted it: we have a quality of life that we could never have had in the Paris region! :-) 2h-drive from the Mediterranean Sea and from the French-Spanish Pyrénées and 3h-drive from Barcelona, Spain, olé! :-) Btw, we’ve just returned from unique Iceland… we’ve been there for the 2nd time to visit the amazing Westfjords.
        – – –
        Our life – in general, is based upon choices and decisions we make every day… :-)
        Have a great weekend, my very best and good luck in all your present endeavours… :-)

44. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Masterpiece for me was absolutely my son: gave me a completely new perspective. I know, it’s so cliche … but so so true.

Haven’t been here a while & saw you’d commented elsewhere, then wondered how you are. I am sorry that things are tough now. I truly am. I know, ‘life’s like that’, but sometimes I feel “had enough of difficult times”. Yet, you’re keeping perspective beautifully :)

• Thanks my friend. My son too is my greatest masterpiece. A gift from God that makes me see the goodness in things and situation no matter how painful they get. Just like you I too feel that I “had enough of difficult times,” and that there are days I’m just so numb. I wish I did things differently, walked a different road or direction but then what’s life without making mistakes, right? Through imperfections, we strive to make our lives more perfect everyday. Thanks.

45. LB says:

Nice post! I love the photo of everyone photographing the Mona Lisa!

46. Praveena says:

Good to see you again and it’s a nice collection of masterpieces.Thanks for sharing!!!1

47. ChgoJohn says:

THis is quite a collection you’ve gathered. I’ve seen each of these masterpieces and have vivid memories of each. I hope Life is treating you more kindly and am very glad that you know from where to draw strength.

48. Lisaman says:

I wondered where you had got to.. Take care of yourself… Hope you feeling better!!

• Now I can smile and breathe more freely. The problem is still there but it gets easier by the day and somehow my family and my faith kept me from lossing it. Plus I have my blogger friends who listens without judgement and give their all out support. Thanks.

49. Beautiful masterpieces. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I hope that whatever has been weighing you down is soon resolved and everything will be much better.

50. Sartenada says:

Great selection of masterpieces. At times, people consider many things for granted and therefore it is good to stop and look at life.

• Yes, it is a great idea to stop and look at life. To look back at the roads we’d taken and where to go next. May be this time, we will make the right directions and choices. Thanks.

London and Paris! I miss those places!! :D

your life comes together like a masterpiece…thank you for sharing the love ♥

It’s eye opening for me to read your take on the challenge, bro. I almost forgot about the deeper sides of the word “masterpiece”.

My answer to your question is, my family. It’s the best thing I got and it’s my reason for living. NO other tangible masterpiece can beat that..

Thank God I have around. Your words are a constant reminder for me to recognize my family no matter what.

Regards to your wife and son, bro.

PS

The masterpieces were way outweighed by your masterpiece: your very words.

• Bro, my wife and son kept from lossing my cool. They were their during the most difficult times when nobody else was. My son honestly got no clue of what goes in my head and heart. Or perhaps he sensed his dad needed to laugh and forget. Kids have their way of easing our hardships. They inspire us to be better, to overcome, to win our battles. Best wishes to you and your family.

54. What a beautiful post to the subject, IT. You made again a Masterpiece with this post and your words. Sending lots of Happy Pawkisses to brighten up your day. Take care :)

55. Paula says:

Fantastic choices and such nice captures :) Wish you many more travels with your family :)

56. I think the greatest masterpieces of all time are all the living things around us. Children are fascinating pieces of art and full of surprises: http://marygilmartin.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/a-little-boys-first-pet/

57. becky6259 says:

What a wonderful post! Despite having pain and trouble, you gave us a wonderful portrayal of this theme! I have been missing a lot of posts due to some issues myself, so I didn’t see this post until now — I so hope things have gotten brighter and better for you since this post and that you and your family are doing well. You have such a lovely family, and your love for each other shines through in your blog posts. Blessings to you and yours!

• Thanks Becky. Life does sometimes give us heart aches that help us reevaluate our priorities, the dreams we are making, the present we have now and the future we hope to achieve. Time is a great healer and love a miraculous cure.

58. Not only are the subjects of your photos masterpieces, but the awe and love and tenderness you caught amongst the humans in your images is just as beautiful!

59. bluebrightly says:

No one expresses themselves quite like you, with so much heart and love. Take care, and remember that what our friend Lisa – Zeebra – from Equador said above is true.

• I’m blessed because of my family and true friends. And honestly, a lot of my true friends are in cyberspace. They are the ones who shared my pain and heartaches, gave me lots of uplifting encouraging words, shared my journey, listened without judgement. Isn’t that amazing? Thank you…

60. MikeP says:

Thats easy…. my daughters…. wish I knew how to help…. been there many times in many forms.