Weekly Photo Challenge: One Shot, Two Ways

Creativity knows no limits. One subject can draw an infinite inspiration that excites and challenges the passionate artist in all of us. Today, let’s surprise ourselves and the world around us of what a heart that believes in its potentials can truly create.

Weekly Photo Challenge: One shot, two ways

Notre Dame de Paris, an architectural wonder that exudes an irresistible charm that no photographer can resist. I bet, millions took a photo at the same spot but no two pictures, much more the memories they created were exactly the same.

Using my Camera +, Phonto and newly discovered Split Camera Plus App, I created two pictures from one original image. The first is a Cross Process effect while the other in Retro Fashion.

I hope you enjoyed my version of the theme. Thank you for the many generous outpouring of support from my last post. Your comments gave me more than just a reason to hope. They help me believe that indeed there’s light behind each dark cloud. A new, better, happier picture with each new day.

Wishing you all an inspiring and blessed weekend.

This entry was posted in Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: One Shot, Two Ways

I like the architecture. As you say, tons of people took the unique photos. :D

2. viveka says:

Personal I don’t know how many shots I took of Notre Dame – all different angles – same with the Eiffel Tower …. you’re so right in what you’re saying … it is like with a recipe .. you can give the same recipe and ingredient to 5 chefs and you will have 5 totally different dishes. Great entry.

I have absolutely no technical knowledge about photography. To create two pictures from one original image? Wow, I’d have no idea how to do it. I very much enjoyed your version of the theme. :-) Notre Dame de Paris is a wonderful building. I’ve been to Paris twice; once when aged 19, the second time when I was in my fifties. I certainly have very good memories about this city. :-)

4. Colline says:

One of the most photographed buildings I think. And I am not surprised.

5. So much to see, it takes months and years to see it all. Next time I hope you go inside to see that beautiful rose window from the interior. Perhaps you did.

6. bebs1 says:

I am not very technical and you lost me but what’s important is the result, you did it! Unfortunately I am of the few people who wasn’t as enamored of Notre Dame. The outside maybe but inside? I was greatly disappointed. But Paris taken as a whole is much better, I wish I’d go back soon.

• I agree, what matters is the result. Different roads and formula in life and just about anything with same beautiful results. That is what we all hope to achieve. Thanks.

7. This week’s photo challenge is really great–there are so many ways to interpret it and I like the one you’ve chosen. Using an app to create two distinctly different pics from one image is pretty damn cool! (and the subject you photographed ain’t bad either! ;) )

8. So nice to have you back–and such a heartfelt entry. Paris is the city of culture, history and love. Each of which are reflected in your post. Mostly, I’m happy to hear from you, and hope that the skies are clearer for you.

• It does a bit. One day at a time, one less heartache to deal with. Memories of happy times, love from family and God’s presence keeps me going. And yes, real friends including blogger friends uplifts my spirit up. Thank you.

9. Sonel says:

Stunning take on the challenge IT and love the captions. Thanks for sharing. :D

10. Pat Bean says:

This blog earned a Bean’s Pat as blog pick of the day. Check it out at http://patbean.wordpress.com

11. Glenn says:

Awesome pics!

12. Interesting how you paired your feelings to the pictures. Good job :)

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: 1 Shot 2 Ways (St. Helier, Jersey) | What's (in) the picture?

14. Arindam says:

Beautiful pictures bro!! I like the way you let your creativity to show two different sides of same architecture. Great work.

An experimenting Island Traveller! I’m so happy to see it. :)
    Happy too that the warm feelings are reaching out and supporting you.

16. mpejovic says:

I’m French so I’m biased but these are great shots of Notre Dame!

17. Notre Dame never gets old – every time I see it it looks fresh and new. Thanks for these shots!

18. IT, the photo’s are Pawsome, but your captions give them an extra dimension. Happy Pawkisses for a enlightening Sunday :)

19. luiselotte says:

…das Mandala da auf dem Turm, das finde ich schon immer spannend, es ist an so vielen kirchlichen Bauwerken zu finden….

20. Glad to hear you are feeling better and things are looking better :) Keep smiling.
    Great photos too.

21. Frances D says:

Nice app work. Your’s is an impressive body of work. Loving the sidebar – very inviting.

Awesome shots, IT!

GREAT SHOTS!

24. Lisaman says:

I must have stood on the same spot many a time.. God Bless and thinking of you!!

Great photo of Notre Dame, IT! It’s such an iconic image!

26. Wonderful photos for the challenge, IT. I hope things are improving and that days are brighter. Be well. G

27. The Notre Dame is an excellent choice for the challenge. Love the angles of both and hope that you had a wonderful visit while you were there.

• I did had a great time while I was there. For a moment I forgot my problems although I really didn’t escape it. I am grateful still that despite of everything, blessings comes everyday from family, friends and best of all from God. Thanks.

28. ChgoJohn says:

I’ve been to Paris a few times and, each time, came home with plenty of shots of Notre Dame. As you said, none before were from my perspective on that particular day. I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

29. I’m so pleased that you are feeling encouraged Island Traveler and more at Peace. I emailed you , I hope you received it our Love and prayers are with you.

I appreciate you skill with changing this picture and I pondered on your statement ………… Using my Camera +Phonto and newly discovered Split Camera Plus App, I created two pictures from one original image. The first is a Cross Process effect while the other in Retro Fashion.

To be honest I know very little about Technology and rarely take photos but I appreciate both especially personal Photography, it reflects a persons inner focus the same as poetry and writing and all three can be Holy Spirit lead, all man’s tools are gifts from God the same as His Love and wisdom when we ask for them.

As I was thinking about the two pictures from one original image it reminded me that when we are born we are an image of what has happened in the past but now as a Christian because of the Cross we become a new image… we are conformed into the image of Jesus Christ God’s Son and part of The Godhead or Trinity as they are called today.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

My Mother has had a stroke Island Traveler, I’m going to Sydney to see her, I leave tomorrow , I’m staying down there from two weeks to a month, I will be in touch when I get back, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I’m going to pray for all my Blogging friends on the plane to Sydney and on the return, however the Spirit leads.

Take care -Christian Love from us both – Anne

• God gave us the most important gifts to capture great images in life. He gave us the eyes to see the beauty around us, a heart to feel passion and a mind that forever cherish those visions. Thank you for the generous, warm, encouraging words of hope and faith. God bless you and Ron. Praying for you Mum’s healing and recovery.

30. Your blog is always authentic and a place of encouragement. I hope you are richly blessed!

i love your new app discovery…amazing what the little iPhone can do these days. your offering is perfect! ♥

32. My blogger friend, your photographs have created a yearning in me to want to experience so many places. I hope that one day I can take a shot of this same building you photographed.

The sunflowers of life will continue to bloom bright and beautiful for you!

33. munchow says:

A nice take on a very photographed subject, indeed. I like both version, but my favourite is the one to the left. Fun to play with apps, isn’t it?

34. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: One Shot Two Ways 3 | Bastet and Sekhmet

35. RJ Silva says:

Hello, there. Now this may come as a surprise but hey, who doesn’t love a nice surprise? It turns out I’ve nominated you for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. I know, it took you almost a week just reading the name of the award but if you’re interested you can get the details here: http://dadspixels.com/2013/08/15/the-wonderful-team-member-readership-award-part-1/

36. Beautiful architecture! Love how you used the app. Photos look fantastic!!! ~Sophia

Great pics of Notre Dame. Yes it’s a wonderful and much photographed piece of architecture. :)