Carefree And Amazing

To be carefree is a blessing. It allows us to let go. To move on. It help us forget life’s worries and burdens. It teaches us to rediscover that once happy child in all of us. To remember the many things, reasons and passions that make us so excited to wake up everyday. To dream, to hope, to smile and just feel good about ourselves.

To my son, I will always be thankful for the countless times you made me happy. For the many moments you showed me a magical world  that I once knew. Thank you for making me and your mom dream once again. A dream that took us to the most exciting of places. A dream that will continue to inspire us to seek the many secrets of life's meaning and happiness.

To my son, I will always be thankful for the countless times you made me happy. For the many moments you showed me a magical world that I once knew. Thank you for making me and your mom dream once again. A dream that took us to the most fun and exciting of places. A dream that will continue to inspire us to seek the many secrets of life’s meaning and happiness. A dream that will motivate us to see and discover the world we only see in storybooks.

Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree

Grown-ups are so caught up with so many worldly concerns, pressures, troubles and responsibilities that they forget to what it feels to be totally free and be themselves. To laugh and not worry that someone may find it annoyingly loud. To share a story and not care about what the pessimist of this world will say. To follow their dreams and not be afraid whether they fail or find success. To open their hearts and feel love’s sweetness as well as face its heartaches. I am one of these grown-ups. Whoever feels the same, raise you hands as well. Better yet, let’s shout at the top of our lungs, “I’m carefree and it feels amazing!” Ready? 1, 2 , 3…go!

My son met his cousin in London this Summer. It was "friendship at first sight." Seeing them together, walking hand in hand reminded me of the priceless gift of family and friendship. My son cried when he had to say goodbye.

My son met his cousin in London this Summer. It was “friendship at first sight.” Seeing them together, walking hand in hand reminded me of the priceless gift of family and friendship. My son cried when he had to say goodbye.

God is great. He gave me someone to remind me every day of what it means to be carefree. Of what it feels to be genuinely happy. Of why he loves those who are child-like at heart. He gave me and my wife a beautiful angel on Earth, our 7-year old son. He taught me so many things no grown-up ever taught me. He taught me to be myself and forget what others think. To jump, play, have fun, to celebrate each day like it’s the happiest of Summers. A Summer that knows no season. A Summer that last forever because it is permanently engraved in my heart. Our hearts.

Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree

The next time we feel lost, empty, yearning for something more and better in this lifetime, to feel a joy in the simplest of things, all we have to do is look at life and situations through a child’s eye and perspective. It won’t take long before we start running around bursting with laughter, carefree and just overcome with happiness we can’t wait to share.

Thank you for sharing my many dreams and memories. Hope you’ll always be there with each new adventure. Okay, time to run and be carefree. Yipee!

This entry was posted in family, kids, Life, Love, parenting, photography, Summer Adventures, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Carefree And Amazing

1. Colline says:

I agree. The best thing about having children is that they reteach you how to be. Are free, and to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. They do not judge and see everything at face value. Hey are truly a blessing.

• I totally agree. They have something to teach us everyday. Simple things that means so much. I wish we all embrace the child-like innocence, optimism, kindness, joy in our hearts. Thanks Colline.

it is always a joy to witness the great love you have for your family. your blessings become virtually all of ours as well. thank you so much, your son with his cousin – a touching moment. ♥

3. bulldog says:

The freedom of being a child never needs to stop at a certain age… we can all still be like we were years ago…

4. sandraconner says:

What an inspiring message — and a lovely tribute to your son as well. Thank you for reminding us and stirring us up to make the effort to be more carefree.

5. Tish Farrell says:

Lovely piece. So uplifting.

6. Jane Lurie says:

Lovely post. Thank you for sharing mine for the Carefree theme. Appreciate it!

7. The photo in which your boy is on the bridge looking at London is such a GREAT depiction of carefree! Imagine being his age, with all of life ahead of him, as he gazes over one of the most vibrant cities in the world! You did that for him, Dad! You’ve given him freedom from care and worry, which is so essential to childhood.
    Great post, and thank you for the pingback!

• Thank you. A beautiful comment that inspires me all the more to travel and see the world with my family. My dad and mom gave me a great childhood and I’m trying my best to do the same.

8. IT, I loved your sight on the subject as well as the photo’s…that’s what carefree is all about. Now, let’s play… Pawkisses :)

• And play we will. As they say, “All work and no play makes us dull and rusty.” Part of the words I made up. I forgot part of the famous saying. Getting old…older! Ha, ha, ha. Thanks.

I’m so touched by your words, IT. I thank you so much for reminding us the real meaning of carefree.

And thanks for sharing! And for some weird reason, this post, especially the last part, broke my tearduct.

I will take note of that, Bro. I really will.

11. Glenn says:

Very inspiring post, beautifully written :-)

I agree, it’s great to rediscover the child in yourself and be able to act joyfully and carefree. Great post. Thank you for this! :-)

• If not for my son’s happy, carefree disposistion, I would have long broken down to pieces. Being grown-up is no fun nor a joke at all. Thanks for sharing my friend.

13. As usual you share the heart of the matter gently: the gifts and lessons that children bestow upon their parents. Well done.

This is such a great and inspiring post. The pictures are great and the words are even better.

“Grown-ups are so caught up with so many worldly concerns, pressures, troubles and responsibilities that they forget to what it feels to be totally free and be themselves”

Totally agree with you on this one. It’s so good to have kids in your life because they remind you how to live in the moment and be carefree and not so serious. Thanks for sharing. :)

• My wife would sometimes ask me, “Can you imagine a life without our son?” My reply, “I can’t! He is our reason for joy. A reminder of how good and generous God is. That life is a blessing. That there is something to look forward too. That it’s still okay to dream.” Thanks for sharing.

15. You truly write from your heart! Children do help us to see things from a different perspective.

16. becky6259 says:

Wonderful interpretation of “Carefree,” both in pictures and in words!

17. Children are definitely carefree and a daily reminder that’s it’s a good thing to try to be once in a while.

18. Pingback: Things To Do Around Seoul| Naksan and Gyeongpo beach | Things To Rave About

19. ChgoJohn says:

Another wonderful, thought provoking post. Yes, to be around children is to be reminded of how Life should be — and what we, as adults, have given up. Thankfully, the latter need not be permanent. Hope you’re having a great week!

• Thanks Bro. We did gave up a lot to belong and succeed in this material, power driven world. Money is good but it will never make us feel great nor it will make us truly happy. Again, my 7-year old taught me that or shall I say gave me a refresher course of the many things I used to know by heart growing up.

20. bebs1 says:

Children are very lucky because they can be carefree all the time. The parents do the worrying for them so children need not worry about anything. Just being carefree and happy.

• You’re right. There is a balance to life’s many cycles. How we maintain those balance makes a difference. No matter how old we get, we need to keep that child-like passion in us alive. Thanks Bebs.

21. MikeP says:

Oh yes… through their eyes we can see many things. Especially their willingness to forgive!!!!

• To have a readily forgiving heart is a priceless gift we can share to a world who needs a lot of it. And thanks to our kids, we have them as our role models when it comes to this. Thanks Mike.

22. Sonel says:

I totally agree IT! Great carefree moments there indeed! Lovely post as usual my friend. Thanks for sharing. :D *hugs*

23. The child in us lives forever if we allow it. It is wonderful you have such a beautiful family to enjoy life with! :)

24. Praveena says:

Inspiring post with beautiful message and pictures.Thanks for sharing!!Have a great day ahead !!!

I hope you enjoyed London and saw some more of England? :-)

26. I’ve had some surprising gifts this summer: grandson coming up behind me, giving me a hug and saying I love you when I least expect it. Pulling me out of my worries he reminds me as you did here about “carefree and amazing.”

• You are blessed to have your grandson around you. It’s magical when you hear their words of ” I love you,” and melts you heart everytime they hug you or hold your hand. Thanks Georgette.

27. melanie says:

Hi Mr IT! :-) amazing and emotional, too… We used to go London on weekends when we lived in Paris, years ago… Like Paris, it’s a must-see/visit European capital, the 1st foreign destination for the American tourists coming to “old Europe” as they speak (British) English over there… :-)
    - – -
    Small world again… my daughter landed in Houston 2 days ago for the wedding of her best US-friend and she’ll spend 8 days on the spot… :-)
    - – -
    My very best, stay healthy, “cool” and good luck in all your endeavours… same wishes to your loved ones, of course… friendly thoughts & respectful regards, Mélanie

• Thanks Melanie. I bet you daughter had a great time at her best friend’s wedding. Did she went around outside Houston? So much to see here that only you can find in Texas.

God is amazing! I find that God always look after me whenever I go :D

29. “I’m carefree and it feels amazing.” YES! I love this. I, too, am thankful for children who help me see the world thru new eyes. :-)

There’s no finer sight in this world than you and your son sitting on that boardwalk, in love with life, and CAREFREE! Long may it last and may we continue to draw strength and inspiration from it. :)

31. offmotorway says:

I love your thoughts on being carefree around these gorgeous photos of your son enjoying London. Thank you

32. 2e0mca says:

Pretty sure I recognise a couple of those locations ;-) Glad your and his Cousin got on well :-)

What a wonderful message, IT. I love the pic of your son with his little cousin. What a great summer he’s had. :)

34. munchow says:

Wonderful thoughts and wonderful photos. Looks like you son had a great time in London!