Clearwater, Dream Vacation By The Sea

This week is a special treat. I combined two photo challenges I am passionate about. The first is the Weekly Photo Challenge called Sea and the other the Image Of Life called Dream Vacation.

Clearwater

We often hear, “Home is where your heart is,” and my heart definitely feels that it is home when I am by the sea. It is one place where I can easily go back in time to relive the many happy childhood memories I was blessed to have. When I long for those I love, all I have to do is close my eyes and together with the sound of the waves, I could once again hear my laughter and that of my sisters as we ran and play inside our parent’s house so many years ago.

Clearwater

This Summer, home never felt so close as me and my family spent an unforgettable Summer in Clearwater, one of the top beaches in Florida. It was my dream vacation. I often imagined waking up each day watching the sunrise by the beach. Just walking, drifting, no worries, at peace. This Summer, my wish came true. I told my wife that weekend, “This is the best Summer and Father’s Day gift ever. Thank you.” She gave me a big smile and said, “I know how much you and our son love the sea and I want you guys to have a great Summer.”

Clearwater

We had so many adventures at Clearwater Beach from swimming, body boarding to fresh oyster feasting but the most magical was our dolphin encounter riding a tugboat called Little Toot. We arrived just in time to catch the sunset boat trip. We thought we were just going to see one or two dolphins but instead we saw lots of them. I was cheering excitedly like my 7-year old. The louder we screamed and clapped our hands, the more dolphins jumped out of the water. Sometimes, two dolphins simultaneously take a big leap. It was amazing!

Clearwater

It was hard to leave. Part of me wanted to stay but just like most dream vacations, it had to end. I whispered to my wife, “Why can’t we just live here forever? We are so happy here.” She looked at me and said, “I want to stay here forever too.” We agreed to always open our door to such a beautiful possibility. As our car left the hotel, our son said sadly, “Is Summer over.” I told him, “No, Summer is not over. Summer has just began.”

Clearwater

Dream vacation for me is having to watch a sunset, by the sea with the two most important people in my life. The very people who reminds me everyday that home is where you feel most love. A love that inspires me to keep searching for happiness that last. Happiness that I can take with me inside my little own home, my heart.

Clearwater Beach

Thank you for sharing your many dreams with me day after day. Wishing everyone many dream vacations ahead that are full of wonderful, joyful memories.

Images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App and Nikon 1 J1. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories and events we make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in Life, photography, Post A Week, Summer Adventures, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to Clearwater, Dream Vacation By The Sea

So much love and happiness, idyllic :-)

2. Gracie says:

Awesome! Sounds like my kind of vacation! Love the post, Island traveler!

• Thanks Gracie. I grew up close to the beach. So many happy memories with my sisters, cousins and yes, my parents. I hope to share the same magic with my wife and son. So far, the magic works.

3. sandraconner says:

A truly wonderful post, Island Traveler. My family and I used to take wonderful vacations when my sister and I were kids — and even through our college years. They are some of the most precious memories I have. I almost never get to take a vacation now, but I will take seriously the wish you expressed for us to have that opportunity, and I will expect to be able to take a memorable vacation again soon.

• Thanks Sandra. I do wish for you a memorable vacation close to the sea soon. Life is short not to make as much precious memories as we can. That kind of hit me when I turned 40 two years ago….ha, ha, ha.

4. Harsha says:

The Dolphin shots is awesome.. :-)

5. I’ve GOT to get over to the other coast! My daughter raved about St. Pete (she was there quite recently) and now you are similarly excited about Clearwater. Sounds (and looks! fab photos!) like you all made fantastic memories there!
    Isn’t it so exciting to see dolphins so up-close? We’ve had lots of encounters like that over here and it’s an experience you never forget!

• St. Pete is just 30 miles away. We did went to Fort de Soto which I believe is part of St. Pete. Next year, I will check it out. One of the hotel staff said St. Pete has many beautiful beaches. Crossing my fingers. Hope you get to visit these places soon. Truly amazing. Thanks.

Fabulous shots of the beach, IT. And, you saw dolphins, how exciting! Thank you for sharing the wonderful time you had with your family!

7. I adore the last image; it’s telling about a family and their bond. Lovely post as always.

• It’s my most favorite. It somehow sums up what we all felt at that particular vacation and the future dreams we hope to have. We were all happy, something that hope have more in this lifetime. Thanks Sally.

I love this post, Mr. T! That dolphin trip and those sunset colours are totally magical. I was once briefly at Clearwater so can picture it well. Many thanks for including me in this beautiful post :)

• It’s our second trip. The first was by accident and we promised ourselves to go back and really take our time enjoying every bit of magic in that place. Glad we did. Thanks Jo.

9. Looks like a beautiful place to spend some time…

10. My first real beach holiday was to Clearwater…. it was great! The beach is always a great place to relax and have fun. Sounds like a fantastic holiday :)

11. Great place with nice beaches, one that I remember visiting when my children were small, where we visited their MeMaw (Grandmother).

12. ldaffin says:

Awesome photos! I love Clearwater beach – and thanks for the link

13. Hi Mr. B … poignant as usual. thank you for always inspiring us about love of family and just having beautiful moments with the people we love. childhood memories stay close to our hearts and are meant to be remembered with heartfelt thoughts and love … yours have been such meaningful moments that they made you the kind and loving father and husband that you are. have a great weekend ahead, and keep writing please :)

• ” childhood memories stay close to our hearts and are meant to be remembered with heartfelt thoughts and love.” Just beautiful my friend. These are truly one of the most precious gifts we can have in this world. God bless you and your family.

14. bebs1 says:

What a truly grand vacation and beautiful pictures too!

15. Dave says:

We used to take our 3 boys to Galveston, something they all loved to do. We lived in Houston, but left our smiles on that those beaches. Thank you for your interest in Gwichyaa Zhee, our house on the flats. The door is always open!

16. I like it when you said, “summer has just begun”. Summer is state of mind. I bet you and your family will be reliving this dream vacation often…visualizing the fun times in Clearwater. Moments today are our treasured memories of tomorrow.

17. ChgoJohn says:

I think the sea has a piece of all of our hearts, wherever we were raised. There is just something about standing there, gazing out over its vast expanse, that seems so “right.”
    I am very glad that you and your family had the chance to spend some time at its shore. Your Son will one day speak of these days just as fondly as you recall your childhood days on the beach.

What a great sea. Have a wonderful weekend. :D

19. chrisstov says:

Lovely pictures to go with the lovely sentiments. Loved that sixth picture of the lonely beach with the pier and the breaking wave with that bird wading in the shallows.

20. Sonel says:

Just the most beautiful and happy moments IT. You are truly an inspiration. Love it! Thanks for sharing. :D

21. As I shared Island Traveler on your Last days of Summer Post and many times before, I love your Photography it captures my heart because it reflects real life not just images even though they too can be very beautiful because all God’s Creation is awesome as He is Awesome, Thank you also for sharing also from your heart

True Happiness, or inner Joy that is Eternal, is not in things that are created but in the Creator of them and all things good had their beginning in Him .

God bless you and your family greatly Island Traveler – Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

This was a great combination challenge! I think most dream vacations do involve a trip to the beach. I love your first shot, the dolphins, the lifeguard tower, and the last pic. Very cool shots. You have emotion and something special in each of those shots. Makes me want to visit you in Texas :)

23. Wonderful vacation….. Eternity is composed of memories like these….

A moment frozen….
    Time delayed.

A hug, a smile,
    a footrace to no where in particular.

And even dolphins braved the air to see,
    a father and son’s history.
    And the mystery,
    of love unbounded…..

Clearwater Beach looks lovely, IT. Perhaps your dreams will come soon! :) I love knowing where our true home is – in our hearts. ♥

I loved the dolphin pictures. They reminded me of one holiday we once had a bit north of Sydney. We did a boat-tour and were able to watch lots and lots of dolphins from the boat! :-)
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful vacation by the sea. As always I enjoyed all your picture as well as your heartfelt writing. Thank you!

26. I have lived in Florida since 1999 and have never been to Clearwater. Clearly, from your beautiful photos, I am missing out on a wonderful opportunity. I especially love the photos of the dolphins. Exciting action shot IT.

27. Angelia Sims says:

What an incredible and memorable vacation. I LOVE Clearwater. I got to visit about 15yrs ago and fell in love with the white sand beaches. Such a beautiful place and your photos captured it perfectly. Cheers to you and your lovely family on this dream vacation. <3

28. Oops, my comment didn’t go through… Let’s try again. Looks like a beautiful and wonderful vacation by the sea. The dolphin part looks absolutely amazing. We can go whale watching here but I’m not sure my kids are old enough to last a whole day on a boat yet. I took my time swimming in the Pacific ocean for the first time last weekend. With the ongoing heatwave the water was warm enough to go in for a little while. We’ll try it more next year but I wish the water was warm like in Florida.

• Whale encounter sounds even more exciting. That’s one of my dream wishes. I do wish one day soon your kids will see these amazing dolphins. The excitement is priceless. Thanks for sharing.

29. Beautiful and your photos are superb.

30. Nice vacation! I’m glad you had a great fathers day. Florida has some amazing beaches.
    By the way, did you know I’ve moved my blog to self hosting? If you were following in your reader you won’t receive updates. Hope to see you there! Great work as always!

• I will check it out. I’m happy for you. I self hosted too with Hostgator but so far it didn’t work out the way I expected it. Perhaps I didn’t follow the instructions right. What hosting service did you get? Thanks.

31. It makes me smile to see you all having the best summer vacation. Your photos are grand. The dolphins especially. Now, enjoy your fall!

What amazing memories you’ve made this summer, IT. Love the dolphin pics, and that sunset over the sea is breathtaking. :)

• I’d been wanting to share my Summer adventures but in between the vacation time, I had to work extra hours. I do have so much to share to my blogger friends. To me, something that makes us happy must be shared so others will feel it too. Thanks.

33. Sabina Brave says:

I love dolphins :) It’s clearly visible, that you, and your family really enjoyed your vacations :)

34. Those photos of the dolphins got me. I want to go!

35. Still Times says:

Thank you for sharing such love! I’m so glad I’m back to the blog and able to keep up with your inspirational writing. Love those photo’s!