We often hear, “Home is where your heart is,” and my heart definitely feels that it is home when I am by the sea.
Clearwater was my dream vacation by the beach and this Summer, my wish came true. I told my wife, “This is the best Summer and Father’s Day gift ever. Thank you.” She gave me a big smile and said, “I know how much you and our son love the sea and I want you guys to have a great Summer.” It was a great Summer indeed and much, much more.
We had so many adventures at Clearwater Beach from swimming, body boarding to fresh oyster feasting but the most magical was our dolphin encounter riding a tugboat called Little Toot. We arrived just in time to catch the sunset boat trip. We thought we were just going to see one or two dolphins but instead we saw lots of them. I was cheering excitedly like my 7-year old. The louder we screamed and clapped our hands, the more dolphins jumped out of the water. Sometimes, two dolphins simultaneously take a big leap. It was amazing!
It was hard to leave. Part of me wanted to stay but just like most dream vacations, it had to end. I whispered to my wife, “Why can’t we just live here forever? We are so happy here.” She looked at me and said, “I want to stay here forever too.” We agreed to always open our door to such a beautiful possibility. As our car left the hotel, our son said sadly, “Is Summer over.” I told him, “No, Summer is not over. Summer has just began.”
Dream vacation for me is having to watch a sunset, by the sea with the two most important people in my life. The very people who reminds me everyday that home is where you feel most love. A love that inspires me to keep searching for happiness that last. Happiness that I can take with me inside my little own home, my heart.
This week I combined two of my favorite photo challenges. The first is the Weekly Photo Challenge called Sea and the other the Image Of Life called “Dream Vacation.” In both, it feels like forever Summer.
What is your dream vacation?
Thank you for sharing your day with me.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (Stories of the Edge) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (longwalksanddarkchocolate.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Sea (allresourceupdates.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea ~ Grant Me Access (heavenlyraindrops.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (dawnwhitehand.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (Sunrise) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Sea (restlessjo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (dadspixels.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea Grasses (albatz.wordpress.com)