Family and Love Outside The Box

Best thing about family?

Bangon Pilipinas 2014

They make you smile, laugh and feel good about yourself. They make you feel like the richest person in the world not because of what you have but how much love and happiness you feel in your heart.

Love and family

They run and jump with you all the way to farthest, highest peak. Why?

20140119-191810.jpg

So you can be the best person you can ever be, achieve the biggest dream you could ever reach and shine your brightest.

20140119-193410.jpg

When hardship comes, family stand by you, support and comfort you, be there for you.

20140119-201553.jpg

When you make mistakes, stumble and fall, you can rely on them to catch you, help you pick up and mend the shattered pieces. Broken heart and spirits included.

20140119-202404.jpg

They will help you move on and start all over again. Best part, there are no limits to how many tries you can make. They will let you heal and grow at your own pace.

20140119-203625.jpg

Family turns any dwelling shelter into a home.  A home built with the strongest of foundation…love! A home that we can always carry with us long after the last physical structures are hardly remembered in memory.

Bangon Pilipinas 2014

Family is a gift. It is the source of all things good, hopeful and decent in this world. They showed and taught us what selfless, real love means. They celebrate with us the many moments in life and turn those moments into meaningful treasures to last into a forever.

20140119-205612.jpg

Today, I called my mom to greet her a Happy Birthday. Her voice never changed. It’s the same soothing voice full of love and comfort. A voice that I can always hear though we’re already thousands of miles apart. That’s the beauty of having a family, distance, time and place becomes irrelevant. In your heart, you know they’re always with you and you in theirs.

20140119-210320.jpg

“May the heart-shape balloon full of love and wonderful wishes reach you. May the prayers you always whispered come true. May the bridge that connects us to home forever stand strong. May we be each other’s forever after no matter how rough and tough the tides had been.”
My 8-year old was so excited to let go of the balloon. He kept saying, “Dad, can I? Can I let go of the balloon now?” I gave him a go signal and said, “Okay, time to let go.” Smiling, he raised his arms and slowly let the string of the balloon slipped from his hands. As I took this picture of him watching the balloon drift and fly up towards the sky, I remembered a little boy so eager to let go too though now that boy wished he held on longer, stayed longer.

As everyone gets busy with Valentine’s Day, let us not forget it’s truest meaning. It’s love that is giving, patient, generous and forgiving. It’s a love not quantified by expensive gifts, roses or chocolates but with timeless love expressed consistently with all devotion and sincerity.

20140119-212052.jpg

To my blogging community, thank you for all the support and encouragement. This blog is not only about my journey and my family. It is also an enriching journey about “us” as one blogger family.

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Family and Love Outside The Box

1. bulldog says:

Brilliant post… brilliant photos… this just makes me feel all good inside…

2. cool2bchrisp says:

Enjoying the “blogger family”. Great post

3. Love the post. And it seems to me that when we go out, we are always trying to please some one or the other. Trying to fit in, trying to change ourselves. And many people don’t even admit or even realize this happening to them. But with family its instant acceptance. Acceptance with flaws, since everybody has their share of flaws. Family doesn’t condemn, it loves and supports! :)

• Amen to that my friend. With family, we can be ourselves. Imperfect, flawed, broken and it’s totally okay. They fill the defects with love & understanding. Life is blessed with them around. Thanks.

4. Wonderful family fun pics, IT. Happy birthday to your mom. Have a great week. :)

• Thanks. She sounded happy. I was the first to greet her which surprised her because I’m kinda late in events back home. All my sisters from the other towns with their family went to see her on her Birthday. It was truly a festive occasion. I do wish I was there in person though.

Heartwarming post.

6. thirdeyemom says:

So heartwarming and beautiful. We are so lucky to have such loving families.

7. Wonderful images to show your love of family and nature.

8. What a beautiful duet of photos and sentiments. You are blessed, my friend. Your voice and heart sing.

• Must be part of getting older. Every year, I get emotionally bolder. Hormones? Ha, ha, ha. It does make me appreciative of life and of the blessings I have. God bless and best of everything to your family. Thanks.

9. pausesandclicks says:

Another beautiful post! Happy to be part of your blogging family. I can always count of you to lift me up when I read one of your posts. Thank you!

10. shoes says:

A beautiful tribute post to the amazing strength and emotions that make a family.

11. Love it, what an awesome time! Beautiful capture!

12. Great post! A very happy birthday to your mom:-)
    I love that photo of your son jumping.

13. Family … there with you at the beginning … and at the end. Beautiful photos. (Tell you Mom I wish her a very happy birthday.) Thanks for the love. Right back at ya’.

• I will. I need to tell my sister to print the post and share it to mom. She will be happy knowing so many offered her well wishes. I was excited to talk to her & my sis that I totally forgot. Thanks & have a great week ahead.

14. You’ve got the meaning of family DOWN! :-)
    And such gorgeous photos.
    I loved reading that you contacted mom for her birthday. Sometimes distance makes us forget. I’m sure hearing your voice was the best birthday gift of all.

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Family | Joe's Musings

16. garden2day says:

Wow! Family is one of the best gifts of all. I wish we all appreciated family and I wish family appreciated family. I grew up in a loving home–loving parents. I feel that I failed in so many ways. I love my children and they love me but our lives are not complete anymore and it hurts. Hold on as long as you can..just not too tight. – Amy :)

• In time, all wounds will heal. Love of family will find its way. I wished me and my sisters all live in one city, close to our parents & each other. But we followed our dreams when we were younger & that too us to different places separated by islands & continents. Again, I have hope that love will find a way on day. Thanks & wishing you and your family love & happiness.

17. MRI says:

A beautiful post :)

18. lindadyer573 says:

Wonderful photos. Warm, nourishing sentiments. Thanks!

19. Wow! Words cannot truly express how awesome your blog and your photos are =) You are a wonderful storyteller and I’m looking forward to reading more from you! I am now a follower! =)

20. Sherri says:

Beautiful and very touching post about your family, thank you so much for sharing :-)

21. Beautiful photos to illustrate your family theme. I wanted to add that when you don’t have family, your friends can become it for you, and it’s wonderful too.

• That is right. True friends can be your family. And I know for some, true friends Even sticks with you through thick & thin more than blood relations. Thanks. Best wishes to your family.

Great images and heartwarming child.

23. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: FAMILY | The Adventures of Iñigo Boy

24. hugmamma says:

Reblogged this on hugmamma's MIND, BODY and SOUL and commented:
    I thought this captured the essence of family and Valentine’s Day rolled up into one. And I’m hoping that it reiterates the obligation we all have to ensure that everyone has the right to celebrate what’s in their heart with those they call family, even those who might be different from ourselves in ways that have no bearing on their valuable contributions to society.

………hugmamma.

• That is a beautiful, inspiring comment. Love goes beyond the comforts of the walls we are familiar with. It doesn’t judge. It is all accepting, patient and forgiving. The material, superficial world can be cruel and indifferent. It’s all up to us to share a love that is selfless. A love that seeks to help, reach out and make others feel good about themselves. Best Valentine’s gift we could ever give to anyone. Thanks.

25. Mel says:

Thanks for sharing island traveller!! Woot!

What a beautiful sequence of photos and words you have put together, Mr. B. The love shines out of them. Your posts always fill me with hope. Happy Birthday to your Mum. I hope that life is getting a little easier for them in the Philippines.
    Today is my son’s 24th birthday and how well I can picture him, a little boy on a beach. He will be home this evening for his favourite food- lasagne and chocolate cake. Have a blessed week! :)

• I’m so happy for you. I bet he would love the lasagna & the dessert. No food more comforting than that of a mother’s cooking. Wishing your son all the best of blessings on his Birthday & everyday. Thanks.

27. I agree with every thing you’ve written here about the importance of a family and why we should be thankful for them. :)This post even made me miss my family even more! I’m usually away from home since I go to a university a thousand miles away. Even though I only see them once or twice a year, they never fail to make me feel their presence. Always encouraging me everytime I feel bad or disheartened about school or life in general.

BTW, wonderful photos. I can see the love and happiness in them. :)

• I was once like you. I had to be away from home because of college. I didn’t realize I will even ber farther home when I pursued my dream. Spend as much time with your family whenever you can. We can’t really predict where our dreams will lead us one day. Wishing you all the best in life, family and your studies.

28. Y. Prior says:

really inspiring. nice photos.
    Also, had a quick question – isn’t Valentine’s Day Next month? hmmm

• It is and every where I turn, I am being reminded that it is Valentine’s Day soon. Love though can be celebrated every second of everyday, every chance we get. On the way to our favorite fishing place, we detoured to Dollar Tree, got the heart-shaped balloon and went on a picnic by the beach after fishing. We didn’t catch a fish but we did sure catched a lot of love and fun memories. Thanks.

One of the best things I learned about life is that in the end, we will always go back to the people who where there with us in the beginning. That’s what’s keeping me so tied to my family even if we don’t get to communicate 24/7.

Thanks, bro, for reminding me about Valentines Day.

30. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Family | Through the Eye of Bastet

31. Sartenada says:

What a lovable post! I enjoyed it and got good feeling thru Your wonderful photos. You made my day! Thank You.

• Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed it. You adventures are an inspiration my friend. You’d been to places most of us only dreamed about. One day, I hope to see these places to.