Selfie, How Should I Say It?

Today, Love Is In The Air

Oh, intoxicating love. Here comes your crazy, infectious, special day of whirlwind romance. A day where love struck humans fall under your spell willingly and celebrate you like the most priceless jewel on Earth.

love and Valentine's Day

Love, how should I say it? How can I say “I love you,” with the most beautiful, unforgettable of sparks? Like fireworks creating millions of brilliant stars in broad daylight with the music of the orchestra playing so passionately, honestly, purely that your heart pounds widely like it’s about to explode.

So, how should I say it?

Should I say it with her favorite brewed coffee sprinkled with a heart shape cinnamon sugar?

love and Valentine's Day selfie

Should I say with a dozen roses? Will that sweep her off her feet? Will that make her smile with happy twinkle in her eyes?

love and Valentine's Day selfie

Should I say it with an irresistible sweetness of chocolates? I heard chocolate works like a magic love potion that makes the heart flutter and fall in love. Will those truffles melt her heart?

love and Valentine's Day selfie

What about those huggable stuffed toys? Will she kiss this adorable frog and magically turn him not only into a prince but the happiest prince in all the land?

love and Valentine's Day selfie

Should I say it with balloons? The other day, while at a store she told me excitedly, “Look, that Teddy Bear balloon is so cute!”  When I came back the next day, the lady at the counter said, “We are out of the Teddy Bear balloon. The one on display is the only one left. It’s been there for two weeks. If you can untangle it, you can have it.” Was it fate?

love and Valentine's Day selfie

Should I say it with a Hallmark Valentine card? Something that will both make her laugh and feel cupid’s arrow strike at the same time. Something with a boom and a wow.

love and Valentine's Day selfie

Should I say it with a “True love’s kiss?” Last night we watched “Enchanted” and all it took was one kiss for them to live happily ever after.

love and Valentine's Day selfie

Should I keep it simple and just say it from the heart the best I know how? It may not glitter like the most expensive of diamonds but I do know it’s something we can celebrate everyday with our 8-year old son all year round.

love and Valentine's Day selfie

To my wife, thank you for being the most amazing wife and the most loving, generous mom to our son. I am truly blessed because of you. Thank you for your unconditional love and patience. Thank you for making me believe that I can be a prince surrounded with the most priceless of treasures, my family. And yes, thank you for making me the happiest prince in all the land.

Luv, Happy Valentine’s Day!

love and Valentine's Day selfie

To my blogging community, wishing you and your treasured love ones a Valentine’s Day full of love and happiness. A Valentine’s Day to celebrate always and forever.

P.S. This is my “Selfie” version of WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge. Having a “Selfie Phobia,” it was the hardest, nerve wrecking challenge to date but for love, we go out of our comfort zone, face our fears and give our best. Whew! Glad the selfie shots are over. Now, I can relax and take a bite of those chocolates, with my wife’s permission of course.

Related Articles:

Me, My Selfie, and Someone Else | SimplySage

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Pursuing The Void

Selfie : Capturing | Summerfield84’s English blog

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | reflection in the window / sun light /The Daily Post | parislux

2-12-14 Weekly Photo Challenge (Again With The Selfie?) | The Quotidian Hudson

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | k-hem

Me x Me | Required Writing

Weekly Photo Challenge: ”Selfie” | SPH3RE

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie| Don’t Hate my Duck Face | sky blue with daisies

Why Do We Go To The Beach When It’s Hot? | Mabel Kwong

Damn Fool Selfie | Be Less Amazing

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | lcsoup’s walk today

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Through the Eye of Bastet

SELFIE: KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS | through the luminary lens

Seeing Your “Selfie” in an Old Hubcap | I see beauty all around by rob paine

What’s it all about, Selfie? | marsowords

Marijn Krijger | Laat me je rondleiden in de wereld van marketing

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Julia’s Place

Selfie – The Casual Blonde | Words ‘n Pics…

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Jottings and Writings

Weekly Photo Challenge : Selfie | Kisahku

Creative February 10 – Low-key selfie | Just Joyfulness

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | An American in Norway, a Citizen of the World

WPC: Selfie | eljaygee

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Beats of Pieces

Weekly Photo Challenge : Selfie | Twilight Express

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie. | Is it just me?

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | kriztyne

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie « Pinoy Transplant in Iowa

I am … | Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera

Weekly Photo Challenge: Self | Finale to an Entrance

Selfie shelfie | Pseu’s Blog

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfies | My Food Odyssey

y | yi-ching lin photography

Weekly Photo Challenge : Selfie | La chica de la burbuja

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | cet4k cet1k cet0k

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Indira’s Blog

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Photo & Tour

Brekky at Mt. Pulag: Sunshine, selfie, and a sea of clouds | The Traveling Journo

A Homes Tour, Chicago, and ‘The Bean’ (Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie) | Hoarder Comes Clean

weekly photo challenge: selfie | Del’s other stuff…

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Blessings through raindrops…

A Hair Story | nightmare of daytime

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Photos by EB

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Untold Contemplation

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | A View From My Summerhouse

A Selfie in Two Parts | rarasaur

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Tiffany Metzger

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie 2 | Khana’s Web

SELFIEBABE! Weekly Photo Challenge | alienorajt

Selfie « Jag gör världen vackrare

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | A Convergence of Vision

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie. | Babbleogue

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | The Foot Steps…

Weekly Photo Challenge: #Selfie | Kosher Adobo

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | MightWar

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | My DogaBlog

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Better Than Reality

Tricks for Getting Through the Day | The Seeker’s Dungeon

Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | 18 Million Pixels

This entry was posted in photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Selfie, How Should I Say It?

1. thirdeyemom says:

Just lovely! Love your take and you are both very lucky to have found everlasting love a rarity in today’s world! Happy Valentines Day!

2. ninano says:

A nice post that made me smile. Happy Valentine’s day to you and your family!

3. Glittermoon says:

Absolutely lovely and terribly creative at the same time. And thanks for linking me to your post, too. Happy Valentines Day. Your wife is one lucky girl! Cackie

4. Roberta says:

You are thoughtful and creative! Enjoy the day with your loved ones!

5. Lovely sentiments–enjoy every moment of every day with your family.

6. I was wondering how you would tackle this challenge without showing your face! You did a brilliant job and what an awesome way to depict who you are! Beautiful! And your sweetie has one awesome Valentine!

• I was having an anxiety attack days before since I really don’t like selfies by myself, then as I was planning my V-Day surprise, a timely idea came to the rescue. Whew! Thanks.

Beautiful, sentimental post, as always, IT! Happy Valentine’s to both of you!

8. Colline says:

I think your wife would appreciate these words written in her honour :)
    (I loved the way you approached the selfie challenge, by the way)

• Morning of Valentine’s Day after dropping our son to school, we went to Starbucks for her coffee. As she took a sip, I let her read the post. And she taught she already got her V-Day surprise the day before. Saving the best for last. Thanks.

9. bulldog says:

I think it’s the best way to do it… just say it… everyday of your life…

You already are the most romantic man I know so all the added bits are just decoration. Mrs IT must be the luckiest lady alive

11. Saying it with a blog post! You’ve got it just right. Well done IT.

12. A wonderful post, and so full of love and happiness. May you and your lovely wife enjoy many more Valentine celebrations. Great way to do the Selfie Challenge. Perfect!! :D

13. What a lovely post and tribute to your everlasting love! The words are so touching, the gestures and gifts are the cherry on the sundae but mostly your genuine love for each other is so touching. It warms my heart to see and feel the love around…today? …every day. Blessings, Oliana

14. kstnrt says:

I think you should go with all those ways!

15. Mags Corner says:

Very nice post. Wishing you and your loved ones a very nice and Happy Valentine’s Day. Hugs

16. cjjustice1 says:

OK… Now this is my favorite series of Selfies, and I love the way in which you expressed your love to your wife! Blessings to you, her, and your son on the Valentine’s Day.
    My husband and I also enjoy sharing “Valentine’s” love daily, year round! :-)

• Isn’t it great to feel the warmth, excitement and love of Valentine’s Day all year round? It’s what’s keeping us feeling young and alive! Happy Valentine’s Day to you & family.

17. barb19 says:

I love your selfies, and I know your wife would too – they are so creative and beautiful!

18. Sherri says:

Wonderfully creative ‘selfie’ post, very clever way to integrate it with your beautiful sentiments to your wife and son on this Valentine’s Day, expressed so touchingly. You can really enjoy those chocolates now! Happy Valentine’s Day to you all :-)

19. Mel says:

This is awesome! Happy valentines day island traveller! :D may I ask how come you’re not willing to show your faces? :p

• Perhaps one day I’ll find that courage plus isn’t it more mysterious? Ha, ha,ha. Mainly for privacy issues. A lot of people in my hospital are into social media and I try to separate work with what I love to do outside the workplace. God bless you and your family.

20. ChgoJohn says:

I think you found the perfect way to tell your wife how much you love her and what she means to you. I hope you both had a wonderful St Valentine’s Day.

21. Mélanie says:

mabuhay IT! :) love should be in the air every day… :)
    * * *
    have a great Friday and a serene weekend! friendly thoughts, Mélanie

• Thanks Melanie. I had to celebrate V-Day Thursday since it was my weekend to work. We did have a Starbucks morning coffee on Valentine’s as my wife read my post. Being together is what really matters right? Have a great week ahead. All the best to your family.

22. penpusherpen says:

Whichever way you choose, Traveller, will be accepted with graitude by the one you love, each day and every day, never mind Valentines Day. we ‘love’ for all days. xPenx

• Love for all days is our goal to celebrate the ones we love. Little acts of thoughtfulness, kindness and generosity weighs more meaning than one day of heart struck indulgence by Cupid. Thanks.

23. No matter which you choose, your wife will love it because it came from your heart. I love all the “selfie” photos. Great job. Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours, Island Traveler.

24. aliewsMuses says:

So sweet, you both sure looked like you had a great Valentine’s Day! Excellent job handling your selfie phobia, your self-shots are creative and terrific.

25. Lila says:

That’s one beautiful family you have :)
    I went through the same thing with the selfies but hopefully, the fear is fading fast ;)

26. Camilla says:

You are an inspiration —luv your wonderful post! Bless your heart.

27. I just loved this post! It made me smile again and again! Happy Valentine’s Day to you all. I know you are a family that celebrates this holiday every day of the year.
    P.S. Thanks so much for the pingback!

28. You are so thoughtful! She’s a lucky girl! Lovely!

29. Great photo choices for the selfie theme. Your wife is one lucky woman. That was a lot of great goodies for Valentine’s day!

• We shared the chocolates after with our son. The chocolates were not only loaded with love but calories too. She was more than willing to share them. Thanks. Belated Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your family.

30. The Pinay Mom says:

Thank you for your comment on your blog! You have such an interesting blog!

You have the most amazing ability to make me smile from ear to ear! :)
    Funnily enough I posted a “selfie” today. It was unintended, but full of love, as is yours.

32. Should I keep it simple and just say it from the heart the best I know how?
    This is indeed the best way! I love all the different shots of “selfie”. Love is always in the air with you and your family.

• There was a time a lot of my so called “dreams” were taken away but never the love of family. In the end, they are all we need and they are life’s most priceless of treasure or riches. Thanks. Wishing you and your family all the love and joy always.

33. bebs1 says:

I know who you are as a person by the things you write, now I got a glimpse of how you look like in your selfies.

• Thanks Bebs. My, how anxious and sweaty I was doing it. Initially I was planning to take the shots at the stores but got too self conscious with all the people around. What’s the trick? Get the presents one day advance and take the photos at 0400 in the morning when everyone is sleeping. Works like a charm!

34. noe says:

I want that big heart chocolate… hohoooo

35. litadoolan says:

Beautiful photographs. I am enjoying my visits to your blog so much.

36. Imelda says:

Those are all beautiful loving deeds. And I like your take on the Selfie prompt. How creative. :-)

37. So many ways to express love. I guess it comes natural when you have found true love. A belated happy Valentine!

• Love is a blessing but as years goes by, we need to make extra efforts to keep it burning. Wish there’s a lesson 101 for it but each one is a unique experience and journey for each individual or couple. Thanks.

38. It’s a dilemma: chocolates are wonderful, but we’re almost up to the tine of bathing suit panic, so you could be causing problems without realizing it. Flowers are beautiful, but cost a lot and last so short a time. I love what you did: gave her a piece of your creativity that you composed just for her!

39. Meeinal says:

A selfie is not selfish when he shows off his love and his son and appreciates love and values the gifts of love!! Sorry was just too new here on wordpress and just saw your notification today after so many days.I feel happy I came across your amazing blog.Thank you n stay blessed:)

40. RossMountney says:

Lovely you visited my blog about our family and home educating and stuff, and thus helped me find yours. I’ve been thoroughly moved by your heartfelt words here – and inspired. Sometimes we hold love in far too much – you’re showing us another way here. You have a beautiful way of expressing things here! All the best to you and family! x

41. Great post and thoughts. So now since we have got past that wonderful day, how did you say it?

Shakti