Minecraft Dad Three Times Awesome

Whether it’s a scribble, a human stick drawing, a cartoon character sketch or a landscape painting, our children creates the most beautiful, exciting, priceless work of Art. Each piece mirrors pureness and innocence. Each piece brings forth happiness and youthful, bright optimism. Each piece takes us to a magical, fun world where we can build anything our imagination wish to create.

20140225-221120.jpg

Tired from a busy day at work, I sat down on the sofa and joined my 8-year old as he watched his favorite Disney channel series. Out of the blue, he grabbed his notebook and scattered his colored pencils on the coffee table. The last few days he’d been sketching Minecraft characters and I thought he would add more characters to his collection. He sat close to me and started his drawing. I noticed he kept looking at my face, my clothes then started counting the buttons on my shirt. I asked him, “What are you doing? Do I have something on my face?” Smiling he replied, “I’m making a Minecraft Dad.” I tried to look at his drawing but he covered it with his hands and said, “Don’t look. It’s not done yet.” Curious I asked him, “Is that a new Minecraft character?” He didn’t answer. He was too engrossed with what he was doing. When he was done drawing he flipped the notebook towards me and said, “Look, this is you. You’re the Minecraft Dad! Do you like it.” Happily, I answered back,”Wow! That is really good. Great job!” I gave him a hug and a kiss on his head and said, ” Thank you. I love it!”

20140226-023717.jpg

The next day while waiting for my wife and son to wake up, I made my usual cup of coffee. As I drank my coffee, I looked at my son’s Minecraft Dad drawing and said to myself, “That’s one of the most beautiful Art I’d ever seen. It’s not only a work of Art but an Art done with a lot of love…for me.” Priceless? Absolutely!

20140225-225821.jpg

Three pictures. One unforgettable “our moment” father and son story. It feels three times awesome being a Minecraft Dad.

Thank you for sharing your day with me. Hope you enjoyed my version of this week’s photo challenge called “Threes.” Next post, we’ll have a Mardi Gras blog Party and everyone’s invited.

Related Articles:

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, Love, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Minecraft Dad Three Times Awesome

1. We are all morphing into Minecraft characters at my house, too! Happy Mardi Gras and laissez-les bon temps roulez. Lovely post!

2. mynuttydubai says:

Lovely! What a special father-son story :)
    Thanks for visiting and the pingback too!

3. penpusherpen says:

Priceless, ‘a price far beyond rubies’ Traveller, for such moments are treasures to add joy to each day, A childs view of the World is so clear, open and trusting and above all ‘straightforward’ no hidden agenda, just love of life. We should all find our inner child again. methinks. Have a wonderful rest of the week xPenx

• Thanks Pen. You are so right. Kids just love life, gives inner life around them. I wish we didn’t have to loose most of that magic as adults. We need to strive harder to bring back that inner child-like joy and innocence in all of us. Secret to happiness and contentment.

4. Sherri says:

Oh isn’t it so wonderful when our children draw pictures for us like this? I still have a big box full of all my children’s drawings and letters from when they were little. Priceless beyond measure. Loved your take on this challenge IT, full of life and love and the power and purity of a son’s love for his father.
    Thanks for the invite…can’t wait for the party, always wanted to go to Mardi Gras :-)

Not only have you made me smile, you have broadened my education, Mr. B. That’s definitely you, in Survival mode, with your mug of coffee. :)
    What a priceless gift he is! Just what you need at the end of a working day. I think he’ll have his own blog up and running long before you’re ready to step down :) Enjoy the rest of your week. (and thanks for the ping).

• Thanks Jo. I has to work overtime today on a shift schedule I’m normally asleep. Two cups of coffee and an energy drink and I still feel like a zombie. I needed a bit extra for my son’s Spring Break and hopefully make new treasure memories.

6. bulldog says:

Pure brilliance… this is so heart warming and reminds me of many years ago when my son was 8… and that was many years ago… thank you for sharing this, brilliant…

• 8 is an amazing age. I’m trying to enjoy as much time as I can with him knowing soon he’ll be in middle school, then high school and things will change. Now I know what my parents felt when me and my siblings grew up. Thanks.

7. karlapr says:

Is that a coffee mug in your hand in the drawing?!

8. L @ PSB says:

Awwwwhhh….so sweet! You’re a lucky dad :)

L

9. I read this smiling with great interest as GS1 is an avid Minecraft fan! Wonderful portrait!

10. Pingback: Weekly photo challenge – Threes – Along the river |

11. Children are so creative. And, yes, they make art with love. Wonderful post again.

12. Robin says:

Love this!! Said from a Minecraft mom of a 9-year-old (surrounded by paper creepers and enderdragons), to a Minecraft Dad….right down to the artwork and lego guys all around the coffee cup. Thanks for sharing your story and photos.

13. kwasson2012 says:

I love the MineCraft Dad! So sweet that he counted your buttons.

Beautiful post, IT. It’s an Art done with a lot of love! Thank you for sharing.

15. Becky says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love all the detail in the drawing! A priceless gift indeed, both the picture and the love between the two of you!

• Thanks Becky. As my wife says it, ” He completes us!” Everyday, he gives us joy & surprises I will always be grateful for. Our children teaches us love in so many ways. Too many to count. Aren’t we lucky?

And I can see the resemblance – three times awesome :-)

17. It is always from the heart. I get drawings from my students and they grace my walls and desk. I have piles of them from previous years. I worry how I will have room to take them all home with me when I move from China.

• You are blessed to be a part of your young students mind and heart. You inspire them everyday. I bet it shows beautifully in their work. It’ll be cool to have one room just full of masterpieces by your students. Thanks.

• Yes that would be cool. With weight and luggage restrictions I am afraid I won’t be able to bring them all home. Maybe I will have to lay them all out and do photos or a photo collage so I can take them with me.

18. FireBonnet says:

That is so cool! I love that he was inspired and went right to it, creating his own art.

19. I love this. It is a beautiful drawing, Island Traveler. Our two daughters are grown now, but I did keep a couple of their drawings and Christmas ornaments they made. They are treasures. Your son’s art should be on the MORA (Museum of Refrigerator Art). That’s where our grandkids art is hung. ;-)

• We have a MORA version but got to heavy and some we have to place in a binder or box. It’s amazing how looking at our kids work brings as back in time like it was yesterday. Yes, they are indeed our treasures my friend. Thanks.

20. garden2day says:

Such a beautiful rendition. He captured his dad very well, I think, with image and persona. My daughter was obsessed with Minecraft (game) for years. I wasn’t aware of the 3-dimensional characters but they are adorable.

What a treasure! The artwork is a trophy of your time together. Thanks for sharing! :)

21. Children’s art is endearing and tells us much about their perceptions. Mostly, it is an opportunity for them to express their inner creativity. Enjoyed your post as usual.

• Thanks Sally. Children Art are the purest. Their heart, dreams, emotions and sincerity goes with it. Each piece also a symbol of a precious memory we can go back again & again.

22. that’s awesome [add LEGO enthusiasm voice]. i love it. my boy also loves Minecraft. i’ll be sure to share this with him. btw, nice blog! joe

• Thanks Joe. If my son can only blog, he’ll do a great Minecraft post that I bet kids his age will dig well. It’ll give us an idea of what’s going on in their young minds.

23. bebs1 says:

This is the first time I heard of the term Minecraft. I learned something new today. Thanks to you Minecraft Dad!

• Thanks Bebs. It’s one of the latest game kids are into. I’m not really knowledgeable about its basics but its like the video game version of Lego. It’s creating cities and stuff using blocks and other 3 dimensional shapes.

Oh my God! That is the best drawing ever. Minecraft Dad Ha! Loved it! I loved the way you captured that father-son moment. That first pic is definitely my favorite. :)

25. Thanks to my wife who took the picture. I know we got thousand of amazing visual images with our family each day and most we capture in our memory but it’s even more amazing if we can capture them in pictures and relive the moment every time we see them. I bet your kids, will make a super cool Minecraft mom version of you my friend.

26. Once again, thanks for sharing this special memory making moment with us. I love the drawing be made. Priceless, indeed. Have a great weekend!

27. ChgoJohn says:

How cute is this? Little did your Son know that he was creating a lifelong memory for you to cherish. Thanks for sharing it with us.

28. Colline says:

I love that your son drew your character – just goes to show how special you are to him :)

29. You look very handsome as a Minecraft Dad, Island Traveler :-) do you know I feel like I know your son, over the years that you have shared about him and your wife, I have felt you were family and have been very blessed by the Love you have shown in your words when sharing about both of them, Thank you as it also warms my heart to know a man who considers his family first.

See you after our Holidays – Christian Love from both of us – Anne

30. mithriluna says:

So sweet. Love this post.

31. Isn’t it funny what kids pick up about us? Seeing his drawing with your coffee cup reminded me of the recent gift of coffee mugs my son has been bringing to me. They’ve got us pegged IT. Love the drawing.

32. Beautiful intro. Amazing pix.

33. Time to look for an appropriate frame for that lovely sketch!

34. Valentina says:

Keep all your kids drawings, you never know, one day he could be famous in different ways.