Mardi Gras Blog Party

Every year for two consecutive weekends, King Gambrinus host a grand Mardi Gras Party for 300,000 of his closest friends with about 650,000 throws just on the first weekend alone.

20140307-180823.jpg

20140307-180930.jpg

First Saturday begins with the noontime Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Kick Off Parade followed later after sunset by the Krewe of Gambrinus Parade. By the time Mardi Gras season is over, 3 million beads will be thrown to the cheering spectators in Galveston Island.

20140307-181950.jpg

20140307-182012.jpg

Mardi Gras is a festival of feasting and merrymaking. From my perspective, it is about celebrating the simple joys in life and abandoning our worries even if it’s just for a day or two.

20140307-183549.jpg

Mardi Gras Blog Party

This weekend, we will have our very own cyberspace Mardi Gras. With a bit of imagination and creativity, fun and merrymaking will be right at our doorsteps.

20140307-185352.jpg

So, let’s turn on the Mardi Gras music, dance and sing to its beat, indulge on our favorite food and drink in moderation, wear a festive mask and a few colorful beads because our blog party is about to begin.

20140307-185822.jpg

First, let’s high five.

20140307-190428.jpg

Now time to raise our arms and hands so we can catch lots and lots of beads.

20140307-190736.jpg

20140307-190755.jpg

In our blog Mardi Gras, a shower of beads comes like pouring rain.

20140307-191433.jpg

20140307-191503.jpg

20140307-191522.jpg

20140307-191719.jpg

Now, time to enjoy some live music.

20140307-192729.jpg

20140307-192741.jpg

The sun has just set and our blog party just heating up. Here comes more floats and yes, more beads.

20140307-193052.jpg

20140307-193126.jpg

20140307-193155.jpg

20140307-193312.jpg

Let’s rock and roll with Elvis.

20140307-193508.jpg

20140307-193524.jpg

It feels good to abandon our worries and troubles even for a moment. To have fun and celebrate “us.”

20140307-193643.jpg

20140307-201126.jpg

Thank you for celebrating with me on our first Mardi Gras Blog Party. It was more fun because of you. Hope to see you all in next year’s celebration. Have a blessed weekend and an amazing first days of Spring.

This entry was posted in Events, family, Inspiration, Life, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to Mardi Gras Blog Party

1. Looks likes you guys had an amazing time up there in the midst of all those colors! :)

2. litadoolan says:

Looks like such a blast! Thanks for sharing these joyful photos. Feel like I’ve had a great day out just reading this ;-D

Liked by 1 person

3. nowathome says:

Looks like a lot of fun!!!

4. penpusherpen says:

What a great idea, Traveller. your Mardi Gras Blog party was full of laughter, good will, and happiness, as you said, celebrating ‘us’ … Always good to let your hair down and enjoy life, such wonderful photo’s you’ve shared… have a wonderful weekend. xPenx

I loved the blog party, thanks for the invite. What a spectacular day and night :-)

6. kstnrt says:

Thank you! Enjoyed it!

7. Beautiful photos and party. Wish we could party together for real. For me, Mardi Gras is the celebration before Ash Wednesday and Lent. But in some places In Florida, they celebrate Mardi Gras for a month.

• In Galveston it’s also before Ash Wednesday and Lent but I was so busy with work and other stuff that I can’t post it on time. It is Spring Break here in America and everyone has their version of partying and having fun. Blog Party seems more safe, practical, easy and convenient. Thanks.

8. lindasblogs says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely Mardi Gras experiences! Looks very family-friendly.

Everyone loves a parade. This one looks like lots of fun. Thanks for taking us along.

10. Great floats! Looks very festive.

11. Pingback: Mardi Gras Blog Party « donniebishop

12. garden2day says:

What fun! :D Thanks for sharing. Wishing you and your family the best! :)

13. Looks like they know how to have fun in your neck of the woods. Someone got a LOT of beads during that Mardi Gras party!

14. Sartenada says:

Wow. This was to me so fantastic experience thru Your gorgeous photos! Thank You.

15. Great photos! Looks like such a fun experience! :)

16. I love a party and this looks like a great time! Felt like I lived it through your wonderful photos! There was so much creativity displayed in the floats and decor….amazing!

17. As always, beautiful photos! “A shower of beads come like pouring rain”, I like this:-)
    I enjoyed being part of your Mardi Gras blog party, IT. Have a great week!

18. Valentina says:

I love Mardi Gras, it’s one of my favorite time of the year. Nice pictures.

19. lindadyer573 says:

What scrumptious colors! Thanks for posting your photos. I loved them. Fun post!

20. ChgoJohn says:

What fun! It looks like your family had a wonderful time together — and your Son got his fair share of beads, too. Thanks for taking the time to organize and upload the photos for us all to enjoy.

21. Sherri says:

Thanks so much for the great party IT! Looks like you and your family had a wonderful time, love the photos, and it has been great to have been able to join in the party with you, I had so much fun :-) You have a blessed, joy-filled week too my friend and enjoy the refreshing renewal of the beginnings of spring… :-)

22. What an awesome Mardi Gras. Must have been fun for you son to watch the parade and participate in the festivity. For you, too, of course.

• He was so happy when he caught a small football and soccer balls on top of about 100 beads. Then we ended the party with a dinner at his favorite restaurant, IHOP. Thanks.

I’m rattling my beads and singing along, Mr. B :) Let the good times roll!

24. The Pinay Mom says:

Looks so much fun, wish we will see this as a family getaway. I like all the beads.

25. I love this festival. This one of the very exciting and end enjoyable I got the opportunity to be a part of it and love alot. That’s why I also write some great things about this in my blog.

26. MikeP says:

Hey ‘IT’ I am patiently awaiting the big spring thaw party. Its not so much a parade as it is a big long stretch toward the clouds and kiss the snow good-bye kind of celebration. :-) Glad to see all is well in TX.

27. Thanks Mike. All is well in Texas. It’s Rodeo time here and Spring bringing the best of weather and visual sights.

28. That looks like a really fun festival. I love the colourful floats, and it looks as though your son was having a great time. Happy Spring to you and your family. :)

29. chris13jkt says:

Wow . . what an amazing parade you have. Your kid must be enjoyed the parade