Easter Monument In Paris

At the highest peak in Paris stands a majestic religious monument called Sacré-Cœur Basilica. Day and night, pilgrims from all over offer their prayers of intercession for the Church, the world, for themselves and their families.

DSC_6761

As we stood from the summit of Butte Montmartre also known as Mount of Martyrs, a breathtaking view of the city unfolds.

DSC_6778

Monuments stand to tell us a story of the lessons and significance of the past as well as its implications in the present. Some of these monuments such as the Basilique du Sacré Cœur help us connect to our faith and find answers when we are facing hardships. They become a source of inspiration, a symbol of hope and courage. They give us a place to seek refuge when things becomes too unbearable as well as a place to celebrate when blessings abound .

DSC_6775

Summer of 2013 was a season of extremes for me and my family. In one moment we were on top of the summit. Everything was all fun, happy and exciting. A few weeks later, I was down flat to the ground. No cushions. No warning. It was a nightmare where I was wide awake.

Perhaps finding the Basilica that Summer was more than a coincidence. Perhaps it was fate preparing me for what’s to come.

DSC_6776

The Basilica is dedicated to the Sacred Heart Of Jesus. That day we lit several candles and offered prayers. Looking back now, our journey to the Basilica as well as our visit to the shrine of Saint Marie Eugenie Milleret, founder of the Religious of the Assumption helped me and my wife take a huge leap of faith together.

Everyone goes through a rough time, strong enough to tear that person apart from within or from one another. Having enough monuments of support system and a faith to cling on to help us surpass the worst. When all things said and done, we were thankful for holding on, for believing in ourselves and one another, for not giving up on love.

DSC_6771

Everyday, miracles happen. Some too small that we hardly notice them.

Walking outside the Basilica, I noticed a woman patiently collecting water dripping from the fountain. She believed the fountain serves as a monument that brings forth blessed water. With pure faith, the blessed water can bring about the miracle she is praying for. This woman is just one of the millions who believes in the power and miracles of prayers.

DSC_6802

We took one last glance of the beautiful skyline and cityscape of Paris trying to create the best mental photograph of the place, its monuments and everything that we just witnessed.

Being there at that precise moment with my family and having the opportunity to travel Europe were miracles in themselves.

DSC_6787

Easter is a celebration of new life. A new life that will remind us that no matter how difficult our circumstances and situations may be, there is always hope. Hope that light will come. Hope that tomorrow things will get better. Hope that our new beginnings will be all that we’d been praying for. Hope that all that needs saving can be saved.

Happy Easter to All.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

95 Responses to Easter Monument In Paris

1. kstnrt says:

Very Nice! Happy Easter to you as well.

2. penpusherpen says:

Happy Easter wishes to you and your family, traveller, such wonderful architecture is a pleasure to behold, and to actually visit and experience the ‘feeling’ of being inside, the captured atmosphere, through peoples prayers hopes and dreams being expressed day after day since it was built, must give life to the very stone it was built with.. Miracles do happen, every day events can bring about a scenario which needs to be faced, and strength comes from within to cope. warmest of wishes to you and your family … xPenx

• Thanks Pen. Miracles and faith, hope and dreams, all these indeed happen everyday. All we need is to open our eyes and hearts for them. To live a life of gratitude knowing no matter how hard it gets, we will pass it all because of our faith, our family, our true friends.

3. Musings says:

A wonderful monument and beautiful message of hope. Happy Easter to you and your family too.

• Thank you. So many monuments around us that brings hope. It’s amazing how at certain points in our life, when we needed answers and hope to make it through, they surface in our midst. Happy Easter to you and your family.

4. Like the names of the donors carved in stone, your images and so many others captured by so many visitors show how their pilgrimage is etched in their hearts. Wonderful photo essay, IT. Happy Easter to you and your family. Be blessed.

• Around the world, devotees are visiting churches to experience the solemnity and sacredness of Lent. We become one community in thoughts and prayers. Happy Easter and blessings to you and your family.

5. Wishing you and your lovely family a very blessed Easter. The Basilica is so impressive and the view is wonderful. :)

6. y. prior says:

really nice – great pics – great encouragement – cool faith sharing – and just really enjoyed this. :) Happy Easter to you my blogging friend – hope it is a great weekend for you and the family as well. ~yvette

It is indeed a beautiful building both inside and outside.Let us pray that the prayers given there will bring peace and harmony to this troubled world

• Yes, my friend, let us pray that the prayers will bring about the much needed peace, harmony and comfort to our world. Easter gives us hope that good things will come and all forms of suffering will end with joy and calmness. Thanks. Happy Easter.

• misswhiplash says:

thank you so much for the lovely Easter message which you sent to me. That was very kind thought and a wonderful deed.
        I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable Easter weekend with your good friends..that is the way it should be.
        May God be with you and bless you all

• God bless you and your wonderful family always. Easter is about celebrating our faith with our family, friends and community. Thanks.

8. It is a marvelous city with such culture, history and architectural splendor. Wonderful that you were able to enjoy it with your family. Those experiences and memories to take us to new spiritual levels.

• It does. Being there with family, to walk, see and touch monuments I only read in books as a kid was totally amazing. It was a journey of so many different memorable things. Thanks Sally. Happy Easter.

9. wolke205 says:

That s just stunning! :D I m a Buddhist – but when I visit a church I always light up a candle for all my family and friends <3 I m not sure if I m online the next days, so I wish to you and yours Happy Easter and a wonderful time :)

• That’s truly beautiful my friend. Indeed, regardless of our religion, we can visit, appreciate, show our respect, offer prayers and candles to the many churches we visit. Faith is universal and it brings us all together as one global community. Blessings of Easter to you and your family.

10. Secre Coeur Basilica is my most favorite in Paris! I have fallen for it since I saw it in a picture back in childhood, long before I had a chance to even think of visiting Paris. To me, Sacre Coeur means and offers much more than the famous Notre Damme. But I have yet to put my feelings to the Basilica in words. Happy and Blessed Easter to you and you family!!!

11. karlapr says:

I love the last paragraph of your post.
    How wonderful that you are on this amazing trip!

• Thanks. I was watching Rise of the Guardians before I made the post and there was a part there were someone said, “Easter is about rebirth, new beginnings and hope,” and it is.

The first picture you posted with the crowds in front is pretty awesome. I don’t know what it is about it that draws me in,seems like community I guess. Very cool pics and so glad I was able to see your posts! For some reason your posts have been missing in my reader. I haven’t seen them in a long time, but so glad I got a chance to catch up and check them out. I also love the pic of your son with the candles. Definitely get a sense of faith and hope from your story this is always a good when visiting monuments. Have a great week my friend!

• Thank you for being a part of that community that inspires me to keep blogging. Life gets so busy at times that it’s hard to catch up but then again, we find time to what we are passionate about. The Basilica inside and out is just beyond words. It’s past and the events of the moment just awakens one’s inner being. All the best of blessings to you and your family.

13. artisticmilestone says:

The Basilica is impressive, are you allowed to go up to the top floor? Happy Easter to you and your family.

I’m glad you had the chance to visit Paris! Happy Easter to you and your lovely family :-)

15. LAMarcom says:

Beautiful post; beautiful photos
    Paris is one of my favorite cites. Been some years since I have visited Basilique du Sacré Cœur.
    As I recall, the last time I was there they were filming a movie just outside on the steps.

• Must be fun watching the whole filming event. I wish we had more time to explore the the church and the hill it sits on. Nevertheless, I’m thankful that I saw bits of amazing Paris. Thanks.

16. Happy Easter and best wishes.

17. I adore Sacre Coeur and the hill from which the city of Paris can be so well-observed. In fact, churches and basilicas draw me in. So much spirituality and history comingling. Happy Easter to you and your family.

18. A beautiful message Island Traveler and great pics, I was thinking of the Miracles I have experienced in my life and as you shared, it is God we believe in first who does the Miracles everything else is delusion or deception without Him.

I’m pleased that you feel at peace now my friend and it is True, we do have Storms in our lives, I hope you don’t mind my sharing the Scripture below again but it fits well with what you shared.

Isaiah 43:1-3 – Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.”

Jeremiah 29 :11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Lamentations 3: 33 For God doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

• Thank you Anne for sharing God’s words and comforting promise today. Indeed, in so many hard times in my life, I felt these words come into being, “When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown!” Time and time again, it was God who saved me and my wife from the worst of storms. He saved us from drowning and help us trust and love again. He help us not give up of hope and in others. God bless you and your family always.

19. Beautiful post and lovely pictures. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter!! ~Sophia

20. Thank you for sharing photos and experiences from your trip to Paris. I haven’t seen that church. Maybe, next time. Happy Easter to you and your family, Island Traveler. ;-)

21. Awesome post, Island Traveler!
    At certain times in our life, inspiration and home can spring up, just when we need them most.
    Faith keeps us going, and that’s what we must never loose.
    The joy of togetherness and the excitement of traveling to beautiful places for picnics and sight seeing is always an amazing experience.
    Keep having fun and turning your circumstances to more favourable ones.
    Cheers!

• Thank you for a very encouraging, positive sharing. Turning our circumstances to more favourable ones will indeed bring us a happier, better life. Faith will help us beat the odds and help us find the light we are searching for. Wishing you all the best.

22. bebs1 says:

Thank you for posting these photos because I don’t remember the place to be this beautiful. It was a dreary gray day when Mom and I visited and we were probably very tired from a long journey. Now I want to revisit it again. I hope everything is well with you now and your family. Happy Easter!

• Thanks Bebs. Happy Easter. It was a perfect sunny day. It was in fact the warmest, sunniest Summer that season. We prayed for great weather and it happened. That is a blessing in itself. Hope you can go back there one day, this time with blue, clear skies.

23. MythRider says:

For some reason I couldn’t leave a comment on you birthday post. So I’m wishing you a belated happy birthday. It looked like a fun fill day in SF, and here in Paris. Thanks for the tours.
    Phyllis

• Thanks Phyllis. I appreciate the thoughfulness. Every post whenever I read the generous comments feels like I’m celebrating my B-day. Having a blogging community feels like a fun party all the time.

Happy Easter to you and the family, Mr. B. In spite of what life throws at us I feel sure that you will be surrounded by warmth and love at this special time of year. God bless!
    Many years ago I stood on the steps of the Sacre Coeur. I was very young and a little lost. I still rememember.

• Thanks Jo. A blessed Easter to you and your love ones too. I think, no matter how old we get, there’s that little child in all of us, looking and feeling a bit lost when we enter such huge, amazing places. And yes, there’s that little curious kid all ready for a great adventure.

25. kelihasablog says:

Fabulous post! Thank you so much for sharing the lovely photos so that those of us who have never been able to visit, can enjoy the beauty and majesty. :D

26. ChgoJohn says:

Such a beautiful, heartfelt post. I hope you and your family share a most happy Easter.

• Thanks John. We had a wonderful Easter in Austin. A perfect balance of church activities, family time and enjoying nature…oh, and food on Easter Sunday. Have a great day and all the best to you and your family.

27. ubecute says:

Hello! I have nominated you for the Liebster award. If you are interested in participating, please head over to my post (http://ubecute.com/2014/04/20/share-the-love-with-the-liebster-award/) and check out the rules. Either way, I just wanted to acknowledge you and mention that I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for producing such quality articles.

28. Mags Corner says:

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. Happy Easter!

29. SPFischer says:

Beautiful message, beautiful pictures. I especially like the one of the young boy (your son?) lighting the candles. Wonderful Easter posting!

30. I hope you had a happy Easter, celebrating with your family. I love that view of Paris from the top of Montmartre. You feel on top of the world for a little bit, away from the busy world below. I hope you can make good things happen to you and your family in the near future. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking during our Spring break vacation and now I’m wondering how to make it all happen. So many obstacles in the way…

• Spring and Easter are about new beginnings. Of overcoming obstacles and reaching our dreams. I hope and pray you will overcome the challenges you are facing and achieve the hopes you have in your heart. Can’t wait to see your Spring Break postings. Thanks. A blessed, happy Easter to you & your family.

31. Sherri says:

Beautiful, heartfelt, honest post IT, thank you so much. We both know what it is like to be on top of the world and then to wake up to a nightmare, I am privileged to be able to share your story here and to read of the hope, renewal and belief in God’s grace and mercy to bring you through to a stronger, blessed new life for you and your family.
    Paris is a beautiful city and so are these photos, more so for the sentiment behind them.
    Late here, but hoping you and your family had a blessed, peaceful and joy-filled Easter my dear friend :-)

• Thank you Sherri. When I read your posts and sharing, I feel that I’m no longer alone in life’s trials and hardships. That for as long as we have hope, things will get better. All the best to you and your family always. God bless.

32. Pingback: Easter Monument In Paris | whitefamilyblog

33. You’ve captured the essence of the Basilica both in your photos and words.
    A belated Blessed and Happy Easter to you and your family.
    Isadora XD

• Thanks Isadora. Our travels are more than just random visits to tourist’s destinations. It is part of our life’s journey which help us find ourselves when things gets hard and we feel a bit lost.

34. Beautiful subject, stunning photos and inspiring words!
    Internet seems really slow here on Niue Island at the moment. I’ve been trying to post this comment for the nth time. The last time I visited your page, I’ve had to give up trying. huhu.
    Anyway, thanks for the inspiration Mr B!

35. Holly C says:

Fantastic photographs. I do love that place. Have been there twice and it is such an essential place to visit whenever in Paris. The views are fabulous and the structure itself amazing. Your photos are much nicer than the ones I took on previous visits though :)

36. Paris! How exciting!
    Lovely post and great pictures.
    Have a great weekend, IT.

37. love the photo’s of Paris! One place I will not visit, but loved your photos

38. These are really beautiful photos–you captured Paris so well. I hope that you are feeling better. this was a perfect post for Easter. I hope yours was a happy one. Best wishes to you and your whole family.

39. Celia says:

I completely agree with your thoughts on hope. For such a little word, it has such powerful meaning! Thanks for sharing your Easter journey with us. And your San Fran journey too, previously. Makes me want to visit both places even more than I already do!

40. lmarieallen says:

What a beautiful place! I really hope to get to Europe some day soon. I completely understand how faith seems to intervene when you need it most. I was drawn back to the Church last year after a lifetime of not being particularly religious. My son had passed away in 2008, and I felt compelled to get my 2 girls baptized. They were baptized on the anniversary of his funeral, at Easter vigil mass. I felt that the ceremony somehow included him although he had never been baptized. I would find out later that I had breast cancer. Perhaps God called me back because he knew I was going to need Him.

• Sorry to hear about you son’s passing and your recent battle with cancer. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I pray for your complete healing and for strength during this difficult time. We do need God is all that we do, even more when trials comes and we feel almost all alone. Family and true friends also help us through the worst. Life gets easier when we walk it with people who supports us no matter what. Take care and God bless.