Our Life Stories As Work Of Art

Art is anything that we find beautiful. It is anything that captured our hearts and moved our soul.

“The true value of an Art piece is not measured by how much it cost but how much it means to you and me.”

20140413-034928.jpg

Our very life stories that unfolds every second is a living, breathing, constantly changing work of art. Sometimes they make us laugh. Other times them make us cry. Most of the time they inspire us to live the good life the best we know how.

20140413-014318.jpg

Life stories that taught us how to love, hope, dream and not give up on our reasons for happiness.

20140519-224042-81642545.jpg

Life stories that gave us the strength to let go and find our way back.

20140519-214034-78034595.jpg

Life stories of the many memorable milestones and events that both shaped our own personal history and the bigger world around us.

20140413-031258.jpg

Life stories that remind us that we don’t have to walk our life’s craziest, most exciting never-ending adventures alone.

20140519-222412-80652266.jpg

About A Boy

Many years ago, I met this little boy. He was the young, better version of me and all that I hoped to be.

20140413-033015.jpg

He shared with me a world that I never knew still exist. A world where it’s okay to be myself, to act silly, be funny and just chill.

20140519-222735-80855739.jpg

A world that allows me to be care free and jump beyond the walls of grown-up expectations.

A world where it’s okay to be a little boy at heart, play and just have an awesome fun.

A world where everyday feels like Summer and the beach, just a creative imagination away with my two best buddies.

20140520-005631-3391128.jpg

Last Saturday, we celebrated my son’s First Communion with all of his favorites. Pokemon cards, sushi, beach mini golf, burger at Jimmy’s and late night yogurt dessert at Orange Leaf. On the way home I asked him, “Did you have a great time?” Happily he replied, “Yes, dad. I had a great time.” Hearing that truly made my day.

20140413-035128.jpg

Sorry for the long hibernation. Life got busy and work just more demanding than usual. Hope you enjoyed my version of this week’s photo challenge called “Work of Art.”

Thank you for the constant company and for sharing each other’s many fascinating life stories.

What are the many life stories that inspired you today?

A husband, a father, a simple man hoping to make a positive difference in the lives of his family, friends and the big world around him the best he knows how.
This entry was posted in Inspiration, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to Our Life Stories As Work Of Art

1. Beautiful interpretation of “Work of Art” and totally agree with your views :)

The family is the best thing that we have. People come and go in our lives but they will leave us. That’s one great life story I learned to date.

I couldn’t be proud I have an equally good family whom I know will be there to paint colors in my life.

Glad to have you back from your long hibernation.

3. Good to see your photo works of art, read your words and find inspiration in this post. No worries…we know you aren’t far away…at least in our thoughts. I did click over very recently just to be sure I hadn’t missed anything. I too will be hibernating but not during winter, during the month of June as I usually do each year and…fingers crossed…we expectantly move from the city house to the country house.

4. I absolutely agree. Your set of images prove your philosophy. Well done.

5. Imelda says:

NIce to see you again. I agree- our life is our greatest handiwork. :-)

Welcome back…you have been missed…and your post was remarkable as usual…your wife and your son are indeed your complete life story…Congratulations to the young master on his First Communion..a great life event

7. Karyl says:

I liked this a lot. I’ve been writing a few life stories/memoirs lately.

8. What you say is so true! Our very lives are perhaps our best portraits to leave the world. Thanks for sharing this and congrats on your son’s first communion!

Lovely to see you and your little son is growing fast :-)

10. Tina Schell says:

A very interesting take on the challenge and a lovely post. Nicely done. Sounds like your son is growing up beautifully!

11. Thank you Island Traveler for sharing your focus on Our life Stories at work , you have a very special Boy perhaps because he has a very special Dad.

It is True as a child we are Trusting and dependent, we believe , we don’t question, no doubt this is why God tells us we must become like Children and He can than take our hand and lead us down the right path.

Christian Love from both of us Always – Anne

12. Sherri says:

Lovely to read this post IT, thinking of you and glad all is well. Life certainly does get busy, I know that feeling! This is a most beautiful take on the ‘Work of Art’ challenge. Our life stories certainly are a work of art, giving us both beauty and meaning. What could be more beautiful and meaningful than sharing your family and the love and joy in each and every moment? And oh, I remember Pokemon cards so well, my kids, especially my daughter were really into them at one time. Still have them all, hidden away in a box somewhere! Many congratulations on your little boy’s First Communion. What a most joyful day and what a beautiful way to celebrate. God bless you my dear friend, you and your family, now and always :-)

13. Karyl says:

I just reread your story. I have a tendency to rush in order to do more and I frequently miss things. I am going to work on slowing down.

I see that you are Catholic. Me too! Congrats on your son’s First communion. I recently went to a good friend’s son’s First communion.

I really like your blog. It makes me feel calm.:-)

• Thanks Karyl. Yes, he did. It’s amazing how certain events help us remember old child memories long forgotten. Back in the Philippines, first communion is a huge family thing celebrated with relatives and extended family. Here in the U.S., it’s pretty much me, my wife and son. Big celebration or simple one, it’s how we live the faith that matter’s right? Thanks.

14. lorriebowden says:

Love love love your “art!” This post is so beautiful. I can feel your kindness and loving spirit. Thank you so much for stopping by…I am glad you brought us together!! Blessitude ~ Lorrie

I love this! It is so touching. And isn’t funny that we always see our kids as a better version of ourselves that we hope to be someday … that’s too funny. I love the pic heading into the woods and of you guys sitting with the palm trees behind you. All these memories are great works of art :) And congrats on your son’s First Communion, that’s a good milestone to celebrate :) Have a great weekend, my friend.

• Thanks. Children reminds us of all things good, pure, innocent, righteous, kind, hopeful and positive. Thing we easily lost or took for granted when we reached adulthood. Seeing the best of all that we hope for through our little ones is like being given a second chance again and again. Totally awesome!

16. bebs1 says:

Life is what we make it. It is filled with choices and each day we can paint it blue or as bright yellow as the sun. Everything is left to us.

• Thanks Bebs. I will try to paint mine yellow although honestly there are days it’s just blue the moment I wake. I guess as humans, we need to go through the process of our personal palette of life’s colors.

17. Great pictures and great angle on this theme. The time you spend with your family really is the best there is. And you’re right, being around kids reminds you how simple life really is, or should be. Kids are a great way to keep us grounded and remind us what’s important.

• Thanks. Our kids remind us that going simple is one of life’s secret to a happier, more contented meaningful version of ourselves. Growing up, we clutter ourselves with so much stuff we don’t need missing the so many important gems of life. The good news is that for as long as we’re alive, we can catch up and change for the better.

18. I love your take on the theme… yes life is a gift and we should treasure it. Your little guy is getting so big!
    Take care and hope all is well.

19. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful! It is fun watching him grow up through your lovely blog! :)

20. I so enjoyed reading this along with your pictures. Thank you for following my blog. I will come back again. Peace and Blessings

21. kstnrt says:

This was really good. I enjoyed it greatly.

22. 1sojournal says:

Thanks for the like on my 1sojournal site. I write poetry and think of my poems as snapshots, or Cliffnotes of my ongoing journey. Couldn’t agree with you more…

Elizabeth

• Thanks. Poetry is like music only in words. It sings of our yearnings and the many things we feel and go through in our journey in life. Both a gift and a blessing.

23. Your Work of Art is a reminder that the everyday things and times with family are the most beautiful experiences we have. Congratulations to your son on his First Communion. ;-)

24. Your posts are never long, IT, but always inspiring and uplifting. Congratulations to your son’s first communion. Extra Pawkisses for the long-time-no-see :)

• Thanks my friend. Celebrating the best life had to offer via our post reminds us that life is beautiful despite of the trials and hardships in between. That life is full of blessings. We just need to open our eyes and hearts for them. Pawkisses too.

25. afsheenanjum says:

Simply enjoyed this post.
    May Allah bless you and your loved ones. ameen

26. “Our very life stories that unfolds every second is a living, breathing, constantly changing work of art.” The changing-ness of our life stories can often evoke fear instead of beauty. Thanks for this reminder to see the beautiful rather than fear what we can not control.

• Thanks. I appreciate the positive sharing a lot. Everyday, we have our version of fears and apprehensions whether they are about job, health, safety, family, relationships, financial problems and many more. Somehow life bring us good and beautiful things too that inspire us overcome the odds and see everything with fresh eyes…and heart of course.

27. jameslantern says:

Reblogged this on JAMESLANTERN40:THE JOURNEY OF GRACE and commented:
    cul

28. Beautiful post. Very true !

29. Such a beautiful tribute to you son – and life. Art cannot be stronger than when it’s most personal. Your work of art is touching us all. Beautiful, my friend!

30. So true, so sweet, so wise! I am keeping this in my email box, so I can go back and read it again.

31. Beautiful ! loved it ! inspiring !

It’s hard making time to visit everyone :) But I love you and your ‘best buddies’ and the life lessons you share with us.

33. Mélanie says:

wonderful and emotional, IT… mabuhay and cheers, Mélanie

34. Hello! Thanks for the like. I love the sentiments on your blog. What an uplifting, inspiring read! I wish you and your family all the best!