Have you ever visited a place and felt that you stepped back in time? I kind of did last weekend when I visited Aquarena Springs with my 5-year old son. Long before Sea World and Disney , there was the first amusement park in San Marcos, Texas. The River Center was built in 1929, then in 1950, the world’s only submarine theater opened. Clowns, Aqua maids performed underwater. Up to this day, people still talk of Ralph, the swimming pig. Visiting the place made me appreciate the old-fashioned way of entertainment. People back then don’t rely on high-tech visual effects to amuse but rather on personal talent and charisma.
My next post is about the wonders of Aquarena Springs. If you like the Submarine photo and its history on today’s Weekly Photo Challenge, you’re going to enjoy the next adventure post. Have a great and fun Summer to all.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Old Fashioned (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Old Fashioned (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Old Fashioned (thebloggingpath.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge…..Old Fashioned (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ OLD-FASHIONED (mrshutchison.wordpress.com)
- Photo Challenge ~ Old Fashioned (nrhatch.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Old Fashioned (slightlyinsightful.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Old Fashioned (stillanightowl.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Old-Fashioned (thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com)