Weekly Photo Challenge: Hot

What can be more hot than Summer. It can mean a lot for different people. To me, it brings into mind fun under the Sun, going to the beach, having a great time at the pool, discovering the outdoors, vacations with family and finding yourself. It also means feeling hot from the scorching Summer heat , more time to enjoy daylight and higher energy bills from the almost constant use of the air conditioner. Those bills are too hot it burns your pocket.

For the past 2 days, me and my son were trying to cool down some of those hotness at the pool and my iPhone‘s camera captured images which I thought were hot. Hope you like them. Have a great Summer!

The exhilirating water slide.

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Hot

1. Robin says:

I like the effects on the pics… I could do with a bit of summer right now – it’s way too cold in my part of the world!

2. suitablefish says:

I can sense the sultry and the cool in these photos. I love the third photograph-the orange slide, the orange and green ‘flying saucers’, such great colors. Something feels ominous. Empty life guard chair, too. Nice photographs, and from an iPhone!

• Thanks for the visit. I was amazed of the effects too. I was just clicking the camera on I thought were nice subjects but the Sun was so bright and hot that when I stare at the screen my vision turns kind of dark and blurry. I’m glad my son kept telling me, ” take pictures, take pictures, dad!”

3. I love how these pictures truly capture summer! I am now inspired to go to the pool. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks. The pool experience is just perfect to cool down the Summer heat. So, get that sunscreen and dive! The east coast thus have a lot of great beaches. The Istanbul pics are incredible!

4. The second to last photo is awesome!

5. barb19 says:

The photos say it all – HOT!
    It’s winter here in Australia and I love seeing these shots of beautiful hot days of summer.

6. Patti Kuche says:

Your son is going to have so many gorgeous photos to enjoy looking through when he is older. So much fun in the sun. The third one is straight out of Hollywood! You are so clever.

• Thanks. I was fortunate to use the ” burst” feature. It captures every second. But I did have one very cooperative subject. My son enjoys the slide , he did it about 10 times, more than enough to atleast one great photo. god bless you and your family.

7. hawleywood40 says:

Great pictures! Just came home from a great pool day myself and these make me wish I had thought to bring the camera!

Your iPhone takes some amazing pictures… better than my blackberry. I might get one next time… This is a great idea for the new photo challenge… ๐Ÿ™‚

• I love my phone. I really don’t use much the other features except the camera. I bought a $1.99 Camera plus apps. Best thing I ever bought. May be black berry has a counter part of it. thanks

9. I love the vibrant colors! That waterslide must be a blast for your son. Summer is a wonderful time of year. And the pool is a cool way to beat the heat. I love all the seasons of the year. They are all uniquely special. So are your photos ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thank you. He loved the water slide . I don’t know where he gets the energy. He did it over and over again. he wanted me to try it. I was concerned I might hurt my back so I kept myself busy by taking his pics. Hope your having the best of Summer. Pool always a winner to cool down.

10. The colouring of these photos is beautiful! If only it was this hot in England!!

• Thank you. I have classmates in England and they do often wear clothes meant for winter in my side of the world. I hope the post will bring you some Sunshine. Yes, the colors were vivid. I didn’t see it that way when I was under the direct sunlight. Everything just looks bright and I was squinting my eyes. kudos to the camera. Have a wonderful Summer .

11. jhirzel88 says:

I used to go to a swimming pool, but I would rather have fun swimming against the waves at the beach. It’s just better that way. My siblings don’t even like going to the pool. The water is just chlorine water, and there’s nothing really great about that.

My pictures would never look as good as that. I would have to use a regular cell phone. What’s the resolution of your camera? Your pictures are between 900*607 and 900*406 pixels and I just wonder if you just zoomed it in to make them that way? My cell phone can capture images in 1080 pixels when I zoom it out, I think.

• Thanks. I just went to Galveston beach with my son this Sunday. What a crowd. still fun though. Pardon my ignorance with the pixels, I bought a $1.99 camera plus application on my iPhone. A friend told me about it. Now I’m sharing it with you. Best one I bought!

12. MOL says:

Love the photos. And the effects. Thanks!

13. Connie T says:

The Hot pictures turned out great. I love the colors and the water makes me want to jump in the pool.

14. Very ‘hot’ photos! It’s 90+ today but hopefully the rain will cool things down a bit.

15. Great pictures, but these days that pool looks refreshing to me. I should stop whining, it’s cooled down to the low 90s!

16. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Hot « Mike Hardisty Photography

17. Wonderful shots! I can almost smell the chlorine and feel the humidity of a hot summer day.

18. Derrick says:

the first one and the last one have some great composition! Nice job.

19. thedailydish says:

Must get off this computer now!! Your beautiful photos are making me long for a swim!

• Okay. Make sure to take lots of Sunblock. it is still hot out there. One of the things I love about Summer is to be able to enjoy any form of water and the pool is on the top of my list. Have a fun day with your family or by simply drifting away on that cool , red Hammock!

20. 2e0mca says:

Love the strong colours here ๐Ÿ™‚ I particularly like the ones of the lifeguard’s chair.

21. aRVee says:

“What can be more hot than Summer. It can mean a lot for different people. To me, it brings into mind fun under the Sun, going to the beach…” -I totally agree summer to me is fun under the sun, going to the beach, etc.

I love the pictures, hot quality, hot capture, beautiful place..