For the past weekly photo challenges, I used the photos I took outdoors. Today, I give you a glimpse of my home’s interior structure. I thought it’s a rich combination of colors, shapes, materials and other elements intermingled with each other creating the perfect textured dining room of my dreams.
5 years ago, this space was blank, boring, a monotone beige color. My wife and I are both into interior design and home improvements. Call it D.I.Y. if you will. We both enjoy playing with colors and in putting together products from different cultures. We also love the challenge of buying the cheapest materials and furnishings that we could find. It’s like finding a rare treasure for us. That gives you a clue where our favorite section of the store is. That’s right, it’s the clearance corner. Hey, it’s a tough time, every penny counts. Finding beauty in the least of things is a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
My wife and I were inspired by the colors on an artist’s palette. But instead of putting colors on a canvas, we splattered them across the room and created the dining room that brought us so much fun and great memories. When you work together as a family in any house improvement, it becomes a beautiful activity that everyone will remember and talk about in the years to come.
The most important part of any D.I.Y. project or any home interior designing is that you have fun doing it. Enjoy each minute, take your time, follow your passion and whats makes you happy, involve the entire family if possible. The more creative input, the better. You can always look at those design books and T.V. networks but it’s your home, every personal touch counts.
I hope you like my version of ” Textured” this week. Thank you for all the generous comments, sharing and the “like” clicks. My blogging path has been memorable and enriching because of all your support. Rest assured, I will walk with you as well. My last photo this week is titled ” The Elements of Friendship.” Enjoy and stay blessed always.
To Gail, of nightowlgail thanks for the gift. To Nuvofelt of chittlechattle, thanks for the Liebster award. To Georgette of georgettesullins for the recognition on your last post about your grandson and the giant binoculars. To Just Ramblin’ of justramblinpier, thanks for the Noteworthy Archive award. To Third Eye Mom of thirdeyemom, thank you for featuring me on your ” My Lucky Seven” and for Jose Pascal of In Parole Semplici for a slot on your August daily post. To everyone, who read this posts today,thank you.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge – texture (allaboutwordswa.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (thebloggingpath.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: Textured (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Photo Challenge ~ Textured (nrhatch.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (confessionsofaprocrastinator.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured Self Portraits (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (fromundermanyhats.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (klling.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (atreegrowsinbklyn.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: textured (kaldirimlar.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nested Textures (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured 2+3 (atelierzisiadou.wordpress.com)