The Versatile Blogger Award
A few months ago, I received an award from ElizOF called The Versatile Blogger Award. I was happy and excited. Then 3 days ago, I received the same award from Life is a bowl of kibble. I felt ecstatic. To be recognized by another talented Blogger is an honor. It’s one of those moments when I could say, ” I must be doing something right. That I am making a difference to somebody else.” The feeling itself is beyond words but if I have to choose one word it would be, “fulfillment.”
Remember what Spiderman‘s uncle told him, ” with power comes great responsibility?” Well, the award kind of has a catch but in a good way. It comes with rules which we do need to follow if we want to pass on the legacy of this recognition. Are you ready? Here goes…
First, thank and link to the person who nominated you. So, with all my heart, I thank Elizabeth of Mirth and Motivation at http://eof737.wordpress.com and Life is a bowl of kibble at http://lifeisabowlofkibble.wordpress.com . To both of you, I’m overjoyed for such an acknowledgement. I can’t thank you enough for such a sweet and generous gesture. I’m blushing as we speak.
Second, share seven random facts about you. Now, I normally would rather talk about other people but then rules are rules.
1. I start my day with a regular coffee mix with Skinny Caramel Macchiato flavored creamer top with a low-fat whipped cream. The first 30 minutes when I wake up, I’m like a zombie. Caffeine perks me up. I can drink a cold coffee, I don’t care as long as it’s not decaf.
2. I’m hyperactive at work. Sometimes my co-workers would tell me to sit but once I’m wired-up, I had to move otherwise I get restless. Moving helps me think, makes me feel like I can do anything. In the E.R., you need loads of energy to last a 12 hour shift. I got lots of those and I don’t need Red Bull to have wings.
3. The one thing I look forward to at the end of the day, is a hug and a kiss from my son. His kiss doesn’t come often. So, I made a game called, “10 kisses.” The player who gives the quickest 10 kisses wins. He loves to win. Guess who’s getting all the butterfly kisses?
4. I’m a fan of my wife’s cooking. Anything she cooks taste like a chef’s gourmet dish. My favorite is chicken ” Adobo,” a traditional Filipino cuisine that reminds me of home where ever I may be.
5. I love the beach. A lot of my memorable Summer adventures with my family involved the Sun, sea and sand.
6. I’m a Blog addict. Shocker, huh? I develop withdrawal symptoms if I miss a day without checking the Blogging world. What are the symptoms? It’ll be on my future post. I’m not even sure if it’s a true diagnosis or just a fabrication of my mind. Ha, ha, ha…
7. My favorite memory is when my wife smiled at me at the school’s stairway before we were formally introduced by a friend. I can’t forget that moment because my heart pounded so strongly that I thought it’s about to burst. She missed a step and I was ready to catch her.
Third and most important rule. Pass this award to five new blogging friends. Contact and congratulate them for getting such an award. It’s like a “Pay Forward” concept but I would like to think of it as making meaningful connections and valuing friendships.
Now, since I got two. I’m going to choose ten since I’m entitled for 5 each. If I’m to make the rule, I will have everyone on my blogroll. For those that I may miss, I have two other awards that I’m trying to finish. Hopefully I got to include most if not all by the time I’m done. I feel bad when I miss out anyone. The list is of equal footing. No first place , no 10th place. Every blogger is unique and special in his/her own way.
And the 10 Bloggers are…
* Georgette of http://georgettesullins.wordpress.com . A wonderful person with so much love and beautiful stories to tell. She’s a fellow Texan who is passionate in all that she does. Check out her sweet endearing post titled TG4UM and Those Giant Binoculars.
* Patrecia of http://misswhiplash.wordpress.com. A very thoughtful friend whose stories brings about inspiration. I believe she is also a part of the Post A Day group of talented bloggers. Check out her post called When I Am Happiest. It brings the best in all of us.
* Jenny of http://skiingmama.wordpress.com. Now she is my inspiration when it comes to raising 3 wonderful boys. Her fun stories of her weekly adventures with her kids never fails to bring a smile to my day. Her life around the farm, baking, Arts and Craft and lately the innovative smoothies are all bestsellers.
* Christy of http://thedailydish.wordpress.com . Here’s one great blogger friend who knew my blog since its infancy. She’s a loving mom whose creativity in life and with her family brings about the most beautiful events and activities. Check out her post about the Fairy Houses of Mackworth Island.
* Sony of http://yobynos.wordpress.com . A man whose vision for a better World can be seen in all his posts. A devoted father and husband, he’s stories sometimes mirrors mine in a sense that he too is raising a boy just a bit younger than mine and trying to show him life’s magical adventures. Check his Freshly Pressed Voyage to the bottom of the Sea.
* Angeline of http://angelinem.wordpress.com . A wonderful woman whose has so many beautiful images to show from her travels in various places. She helps me remember the many scenic areas of California. Check out her post on A Day in San Francisco.
* Gail of http://nightowlgail.wordpress.com . When it comes to love and inspirational thoughts, this amazing woman has so much to give. She enjoys cooking and truly adores her kids. Check out her post titled One Year Blogiversary. This post reminded me that I’m not alone when it comes the what a blogger goes through in his/her journey.
* Cocomino of http://cocomino.wordpress.com . A devoted parent from the beautiful place called Kawagoe, whose adventures with his family reminded me of how sweet life can be. He also had a well celebrated Summer with his daughters which were all fun and fascinating. Check out their visit to Sanrio Puroland, home of Hello Kitty.
* Cecilia of http://ceciliafutch.wordpress.com . A very talented photographer, whose images conveys the harmony of life, seasons, of people and nature. She is one of my Weekly Photo Challenge buddies who always bring a refreshing twist to the weekly theme. Check out her post called Vestiges of Summer, Foreshadowing of Autumn.
* The World via standby of http://theworldviastandby.wordpress.com . A well traveled woman who brings forth stunning images via her camera. Every photo speaks of beauty and adventure. Check out the amazing pictures of her post called Istanbul: The Crescent and the Cross 3.
* John of http://blitheanduntroubledlife.wordpress.com . An amazing writer who is not afraid to speak the harsh realities of life like poverty and corruption. He also let you see the beautiful side of Manila. His images and writings explains why I love the Tropical Islands. Check out his post called The Provincial Life.
Today, I’m updating this post after receiving 2 more recognition from http://wordsfallfrommyeyes.wordpress.com and http://xandreverkes.wordpress.com. Thank you so much for the award.
Once again , I thank each one of you for being a part of ” This Man’s Journey.” I cherish each visit, comment, sharing, “like’s,” recognition and links. I hope to continue sharing your blog’s journey as well. I encourage you to visit these bloggers as well as the following I’m going to list below. You’ll be amazed how generous, thoughtful and supportive they can be. May this post serve as a key to open new connections and new friendships. I guarantee that you’ll find a treasure of a blogger friend today. I wish everyone peace , love and a lot of happiness.
Friends Who Shared My Path
- What is the Versatile Blogger Award? (versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com)
- Awarded 2 Versatile Blogger Awards (aprilrdenton.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (kayjai.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award goes to…… (puddinggirl.wordpress.com)
- The Most Versatile Blogger Award (jesuscarriesme.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Awards (truthwithdoris.wordpress.com)
- Grateful and Honored – Thank You! (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger award (insidesuzyssoul.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (abitofeverythingnow.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (terri0729.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger’s Award (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- Smokebear receives a “Versatile Blogger Award” (smokebear.wordpress.com)
- I Have Done IT ! Versatile Blogger Award (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (aprilrdenton.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award nomination (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- The Most Versatile Blogger Award (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award – What a Nice Surprise (pastaprincessandmore.wordpress.com)
- A very ‘Versatile’ Surprise – Thank you! (takingsnaps.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (shomabhagwat.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award…for me? Thanks! (mecwrites25.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (ranaarmoush.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award #4 (celestealluvial.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award (naza733.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (bucklebuttonzip.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award: Le Passage (iamnotshe.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (justanotherdayoutwest.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger award #5 (celestealluvial.wordpress.com)
- Me? The Versatile Blogger? Thank You GJScobie! (lamehousewife.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (caramcinerney.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award….for greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com and the nominees are…….. (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)