Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset

Some Sunsets Are Accompanied By Thunderstorms

I was on my way home yesterday after having an early dinner with my wife and son when all of a sudden the clouds turned gray as the sunset welcomed the starless night. The sky was in turmoil, puffy with bluish-black color. At the end of the horizon, I could see a dark , gloomy shade originating from the clouds casting down towards the ground. Every now and then a lightning would strike fiercely followed by a deafening thunder. It felt so close that the car seemed to be shaking. My son was covering his ears with his eyes closed. The sunset was quickly fading while the thunder, lightning and rain continues to dominate the darkening skies. It was a weird phenomenon in a sense that at the opposite end, a beautiful clear sunset was slowly drifting away like it usually does everyday.

Like life itself, some sunset are accompanied by thunderstorms.

Five years ago, my wife and I experienced the most trying moment of our lives. We had fallen victims to a con artist. He disguised himself as a friend. We treated him as a family but he planted his ultimate evil scheme the first day we met him. To make the long story short, he proposed a home project that was layered with so many irresistible icing that we failed to see the decay and filth underneath.

After taking a large sum of money. He simply vanished. It took years for me and my wife to rebuild our lives. Even my parents didn’t believe me at first. Who would when he projects himself like a saint. Everything felt like a bad dream only it was still there when we woke up. It took so much prayers, healing and forgiveness to slowly overcome the trauma. In our hearts we knew that this kind of dark sunset will end and a hopeful, promising and better day will come. And thank God it did.

Some sunsets you want to be alone so you can reflect and gather your thoughts. These sunsets help you discover yourself and what you want in your life. Some sunsets you want to walk with someone you love. Personally, I prefer this kind of sunset. It makes me feel that I'm not alone and that I have my life to share with.

Some Sunsets Bring Forth Love

Today, I could say that me and my wife became stronger, wiser and more cautious because of what happened. We had proven to one another the vows we made at the altar during our chapel wedding, ” I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.” I was to nervous when I said them in front of family and friends but now I can say them with all my heart’s sincerity, with all the confidence, perhaps with a sweet tear or two. Now we both know that those words are true. Our love for each other helped us mend the broken pieces and face the future sunsets ahead. Together we will experience the sunsets hand in hand, side by side, forever embracing its golden glow us our heart beats in one beautiful unison.

Some sunsets are accompanied by happiness, festive feeling, of fun and excitement. Like these glorious sunsets, we need to celebrate life to the fullest.

Some Sunsets Are Filled With Happiness And Laughter

As I slowly say farewell to Summer, I also wish to treasure the wonderful memories it brought me and my family. One of those happy moments was our trip to the kid’s water park. I would watch my son ran like the wind, all smiles, glowing with delight and filling the air with the most magical laughter I’ve ever heard.

As I gazed at the Summer’s mesmerizing sunset, I heard my son calling me, “dad, watch this,” as he glided quickly through his favorite monkey bars. He then blurted with much confidence, “easy, breezy dad!”

One of my “fun scenes” was watching him jump up and down as he waited excitedly with the other kids for the yellow buckets to drop down a few gallons of cold water. Moments like these, I can’t really find the right words to describe the sheer happiness I feel in my heart. Perhaps one description closest to it would be, ” it made me smile and laugh like a child all over again.” We all finished watching the dreamy sunset as my son nibbled the last chocolate chip cookie his mom brought for him.

Some Sunsets Offer Peace And Tranquility

Have you ever had those days when nothing else makes sense? That your mind is so clouded by endless piles of worries, confusions, stressors, overwhelming problems and responsibilities? Well, I have. So many times in fact. Whenever I encounter such instances, I find myself being drawn towards the sea and its sunset. Somehow the sound of the waves, the smell of the breeze, the feel of the waters between my toes and the sunset’s glow provides healing, comfort and a sense of peace. At the end of the day, I go home calm, refreshed and ready to face another day.

Some sunsets are so perfect that you wish in your heart that you can freeze them. These are the sunsets that warms your being, makes you feel fulfilled and gives you a sense of meaning and direction. It's a sunset that we all search for. Some get lucky and find it sooner while others spend so many years traveling around the globe to find it.

Some Sunsets Are Unforgettable And Creates A lasting Bond

My son asked me one day as we waited for the Sun to make its final descent into the sea, “dad, when are we going back fishing?” I replied, ” hopefully soon.” He blurted out excitedly, “this is the best Summer ever!” as he threw his arms around me and his mom. Each one of us got a couple of kisses from him that day. It was one sunset I won’t forget. A sunset that brought us all together as a family.

What kind of sunset did you experienced recently? What made it so memorable?

Thank you for being a part of the different sunsets of my life. As you can see, it’s not all roses and honey. But I don’t have any regrets, only gratitude for having the chance to see, live and share those sunsets.

The best sunsets were the ones I shared with my family...

Related articles

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in Events, family, Life, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

120 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset

1. semprevento says:

…bellissimo…..bellissimo…bellissimo…

love and feeling,
    to me have the emotions that touch the heart.
    vento

2. aRVee says:

IT, wow, what a beautiful story coupled with beautiful photographs…

Thanks for the pingback, by the way.

Sorry to hear this though, ” he proposed a home project that was layered with so many irresistible icing that we failed to see the decay and filth underneath.” —how sick these people are but at least you learned your lesson well and rose from there. As you can see all these people with so much “icing” on their tongue are fake to begin with. Anything/anyone that’s too good to be true is fake, at least that’s my impression…

“Whenever I encounter such instances, I find myself being drawn towards the sea and its sunset. Somehow the sound of the waves, the smell of the breeze, the feel of the waters between my toes and the sunset’s glow provides healing, comfort and a sense of peace.” –I like these lines and I couldn’t agree more, there is just so much peace and comfort at the beach…

Great post! 🙂

• Thanks aRVee. Me and my wife were so naive then, so trusting during our first two years in America. It’s easy to think everyone you meet are potential friends or family. We we’re longing for someone familiar and we thought we knew the guy since he was sort of a part of the family. We didn’t know that he lived a double life and personality here in the U.S. He is partly one reason why we moved to Texas. We just want to forget the pain he brought us. Nowadays, we no longer want to dwell in the past. What matters is that we are trying to make today and the future ahead as happy and bright as can be. As I said before, life is too short to waste on negativism. We all deserve to be happy, to enjoy the great things in life, to be free , to make wonderful memories. God bless you always.

• aRVee says:

Cheers to positivity and optimism. Life is indeed short, so let’s enjoy it while we can and live it to the fullest. The best things in life are free.

God bless your family too my friend! Have a great day! 🙂

• “Life is indeed short, so let’s enjoy it while we can and live it to the fullest. The best things in life are free. ” So very true my friend. With all the problems and calamities in the world, friends and family getting sick or had died, all of these are signs that are telling us that we need to make the most of everyday. We need to do the things that matters to us the most now, or as soon as possible. We need to say those long overdue,” I love you’s and I’m so sorry,” words that would mean a lot for those concerned. God bless you too and your family. Once again, thank you for the constant visit and kind words. I value them a lot.

• aRVee says:

Your welcome and I value yours too… 🙂

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset « Cheryl Andrews

The Blessings of Our Lord are greater than any blessings found here on earth .
    I am so sorry about your past misfortune, you sound like me , trust everyone to be as you are and I am afraid that human nature is not like that..
    The post was great in words and photos so thank you for sharing those with us.
    I will always find it a humble pleasure to be called your friend.

Bless you my friend…I send my love

• Those words are so inspiring my friend particularly the quote, “The Blessings of Our Lord are greater than any blessings found here on earth .” There was a time I was relying more on myself that I forgot the It’s the Lord that provides and gives us strength. It was both humbling and at the same time almost like a little miracle that me and my wife were able to overcome the pain. We are still in the process of fixing the mess he left behind but the emotional and psychological anguish has been healed. And that’s something I’m thankful for. I believe that certain things happen for a reason, bad or good. Whatever reason it is, only God knows but I would like to think that he has the best intentions for us.
      It is my honor to call you as a friend, you are one of those who shares the sweetest and most generous comments. Thank you and God bless you and your family always.

5. wordsfallfrommyeyes says:

This was truly beautiful. When you hyperlinked ‘wife’ in the first para I clicked on it, expecting to see a picture of your wife & maybe your son, but it was a definition – it made me laugh!! Re the con artist, that’s just terrible they’ve got away with it. How, just how can people be such snakes – for money, just for money. Ugh. Beautiful photos, again.

• I’m not great yet with wordpress features, but that would have been great to click the ” wife” part and my wife’s photo would show up. Is there a feature like that? Yes, con artists should be punished, legally I mean for what they do. They can ruin a person or a family’s life. I prayed that we were his last victims because I know that not everyone gets lucky in terms of standing up after a traumatic fall. But I do believe in “karma” too. What we do now, always come back several folds. What he did will haunt him one day and so knowing that I leave everything to the Lord’s plan for him and for us. What matters is today and the future ahead. Thank you for the kind and supportive words. They do mean a lot to me. I told my wife this morning that I made this post about what we went through and she was glad that I did. This is one trial we both shared and would be sharing in the years to come. Stay blessed always and hug your baby boy for us…he’s your liitle angel!

How great! I like your all photos and sentence.Sunset reminds me that all creatures have their end but they always want to see their sunrise.
    Since we have their ends, we try to do our best right now.This is my thought. 🙂

• “We try to do our best right now.” Just so right my friend. Sunset does reminds us that there is an end but at the same time it gives us assurance that a sunrise and new hope will follow. Have a great day. Thank you.

7. jakesprinter says:

Great post i like the colors of the sky in your picture no 2:)

• Thanks. Yes, that sky was something else. The colors and cloud formations look like something was brewing up there in the heavens. It’s amazing how nature can make such a moving spectacle. Best wishes to you and your family.

8. Maggie L R says:

I really enjoyed your post, the photos and the story is beautiful. You have a wonderful way of telling a story that draws me in. I feel I can identify with your feelings because you tell it so well.

• Thanks. Sometimes it feels really good to simply let go, to be yourself, to be able to express yourself without being judge. Honestly when I write, it’s like pouring out to a friend, and I can’t help it because everyone who had been a part of this blog has really been supportive and understanding. I’m glad you like the post. Stay blessed always.

9. What a wonderful post, it was a great way for me to start my morning. The photos once again are spectacular! Have a very blessed weekend, whats left of it anyway 😉

• Guess what? It was actually my weekend to work but during my break , I got to check out my friends at Word Press and it feels great. It’s something that I look forward each day. I’m happy that it made your morning bright. Same thoughts when I read your posts. Those puppies are so adorable by the way. Must be a fun morning each day. Have a wonderful weekday and stay blessed always. Thanks.

10. john tugano says:

another great story my friend..I have mixed emotions upon reading your post.I am happy and relived that you and your wife already surpassed one bad sunset in your lives.Sometimes people come to us just like the actors and actresses we’re watching on TV portraying different kind of roles. One thing we need to do is to learn how to bare them from what role they are portraying on to see whats inside of them..their motive,inmost thoughts and most of all their real character.Sometimes they hide their cruelest image by their well polished acting..

Whenever I see sunsets it’s like there’s a need for me to take a halt and let myself be enamored by the beauty of it.Sometimes I also want to view it alone to reflect whats going on with my life and sometimes I want to view it with my love ones to share to them how splendid are the works of God..

Great post and great photos from a great Blogger…=)

• Bro, thanks for the generous comment . It made me feel that I’m not alone in this situation. Thanks for sharing my sentiments. You are right in saying that this kind of people are like actors and actresses. They are so good in hiding their true selves and the acting is so good and convincing that it makes you believe that they are real. But unlike the movies, it does not end after 2 hours or so. Their painful effects goes on like an incurable disease. But just like the sunset, I know it’ll end and so are their evil ways. Everything has an ending, it’s only a question of when.
      I like it when you said, “Whenever I see sunsets it’s like there’s a need for me to take a halt and let myself be enamored by the beauty of it.Sometimes I also want to view it alone to reflect whats going on with my life and sometimes I want to view it with my love ones to share to them how splendid are the works of God.”
      God’s splendor and his infinite goodness can bee seen and celebrated each day with each sunrise, with each sunset. This makes everything worth living for….
      God bless you and your family always.

11. wolke205 says:

Awwwwwww wonderful pictures! 🙂 It made me sad to read about what has happened to you and your wife. I m so glad everything went well after that.

Blessings, have a wonderful sunday 🙂

• Thank you . It was a sad story, turning it into a post was even harder. It is hard sometimes to talk about my painful past, most of the times I’d rather talk about happiness and the sweet wonders of life but I thought if maybe someone would learn from my mistakes, and that another con artist will be stopped in what she or he is doing, then It is all worth it. My wife was happy that I shared the post. It was like I also spoke in her behalf. I’m still grateful that the Lord gave me and my wife with family and friends who gave us so much understanding, love and support. I’m thankful too that my blog friends gave their all out support. So to you and to all that has shared my path, thank you and I wish you all the blessing in life. May your days be filled with love, peace and happiness.

12. Caroline says:

Beautiful thoughts with beautiful sunsets – You really captured all the a sunset can hold for others.

13. nrhatch says:

Beautiful reflections . . . words and photos. 😀

14. ElizOF says:

You share your photos with such poetic words and visual memories that I like to linger and enjoy the visuals and and written words slowly; to savor your words and your pictures… TY dear friend. I wonder how you captured that road shot? It is stunning. Spectacular sunsets too. Sorry to read about that con-artist… God is not asleep. Blessings to you! 🙂

• Thank you my generous friend. That felt good to the heart. Your posts and comments never fails to inspire me. It always brings forth happiness. As to who took the picture? It was my ever loyal partner, my wife. I told her to just, ” click, click, click,” and I was amazed that she captured the moment. I was hoping to get the lightning but it was too fast. I believe in your beautiful words too , ” God is not asleep.” Stay blessed always, Wishing you love and happiness.

15. very nice pictures… You did take some time writing this. Congrats!

• Thanks . The first 2 photos inspired me to write those words. It never fails to amaze me how images and visions can be so powerful. The whole sunset experience stirred my thoughts….and emotions I suppose.

16. Jenny says:

I truely enjoy your writing, your reflections on life, marriage and parenting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

• The honor is mine. I learn so much from sharing and reading others post. Being a parent is not easy but it becomes something you can not do without because of the love and support of family and friends. Every parent have their golden ways of rearing their kids and their is something to discover and learn each time. My best role models are my own parents and parents-in-law. They inspired me to be better. A blessed day to you and your family. Thank you….

17. Gorgeous photos and lovely post. : )

18. The very first one is awesome with clouds holding the rain we need. And all the succeeding ones representing life’s moments.
    My heart gets a bit angry that someone would have taken advantage of you all like that…criminal, just criminal.
    Thank you for the calm you bring through your poetic narrative and beautifully unique photos.

• My friend. I was so angry too for awhile. And what hurts me the most is that I see my wife cry because she too had to experience the whole ordeal. She was pregnant with my son when it happened. When our son was born we focused all our love and attention on him so as to forget the darkness we were facing. But in time God mellowed our hearts, he opened our eyes to the good things we have. After the healing comes the hope that it would be better. I still had to face the financial loss daily or atleast every paycheck but money no longer is my priority. As long as my family is intact, happy, safe, healthy and glowing in love, I found my happiness and bliss I always long for. Then came this blog and the friends who inspired, motivated and shared with me. What more can I ask? One day, I hope to go home, have my son grow surrounded my his grandparents and cousins. By then, I have a feeling the bad memory will cease to exist and a new beginning will unfold for me. God bless you and your family always.

19. Cheryl Velez says:

“Some sunsets promises serenity, peace and a lifetime of bliss. At the end of a day, most of us wants to experience this kind of sunset.”. This one was my favorite. The structure separates the cool colors of the day from the warm colors of the sunset. Great composition.

20. Gloverlee says:

Lesson learned from you today … I need to spend more time cherishing the sunsets, even the ones that accompany thunderstorms! Thank you for sharing!

• “I need to spend more time cherishing the sunsets, even the ones that accompany thunderstorms! ” We do need to enjoy the sunsets and sunrise that each turn of the day offers. Sometimes we get tied up with the demands of the world that we forget how it is to live and to breath. Thank you and stay blessed always.

Beautiful photos. It is good to hear you choose not to dwell in negativism. I’ve learned in life that it is best to keep moving forward, to focus on the future. Blessings to your and the family.

• Yes, I totally agree in moving forward and focusing on the future. There’s so much goodness around us to dwell on a negative experience. I refused to have one bad memory consume my life and it was and still is the best decision me and my wife has ever made. I’m not getting younger, I want to spend the rest of my days celebrating life and its beautiful promises. God bless you and your family always. Thank you.

22. pix & kardz says:

a beautiful selection of images and thoughts. thanks for sharing.
    you asked about a memorable sunset – i think my post answers that question. do feel free to check it out if you have a chance 🙂
    have a wonderful day!

23. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunsets (3) | melonpopzdropz …

24. Your sentiments are both touching and loving. A sunset can be mant things but the deeply with peace and tranquility are the best ones of all.
    Nice photo’s and story.
    Isadora

• Hi Isadora. I wish for us all a sunset that brings peace and tranquility. What a wonderful world it must be to live each day in perfect unity and oneness. Thank you and have a blessed day to you.

25. Judith says:

Sunsets are the prelude to another beautiful day. And whatever happens the sun wil rise tomorrow. Thank you for sharing.

• Hi, Judith, love this one, “Sunsets are the prelude to another beautiful day. And whatever happens the sun wil rise tomorrow.” Yes, knowing the sun will rise tomorrow gives me hope that tomorrow will be better and there’s always a chance for a better and happy future…for all of us. Thank you.

I’m sorry to hear about the “traumatic” experience your had. Even though you didn’t give the details, the weight is all felt because you can just do that through your diction.

I like the way you festooned — with beautiful words — each of these lines:

Some Sunsets Are Accompanied By Thunderstorms
    Some Sunsets Bring Forth Love
    Some Sunsets Are Filled With Happiness And Laughter
    Some Sunsets Are Unforgettable And Creates A lasting Bond

I have realized how beautiful life can be no matter what if we only know how to find the reasons for each of life’s thunderstom. And I know, life goes through good and bad times but the hope of a better day is always there as the sun still sets and rise over the horizon.

Another beautiful peace, bro. Regards to your family.

• Bro, that is one beautiful summary, with more depth and meaning. I was a bit overwhelmed when I made the post, almost drained and a bit emotional. It was hard to face topics that dwells on pain, deceit, anger, traumatic memories but I thought it was fitting for the photo that captured the thunderstorm. I just want people to know that they are not alone when it comes to facing life’s challenges. As you said, ” life goes through good and bad times but the hope of a better day is always there as the sun still sets and rises over the horizon.” If I can prevent someone from going through a similar situation that I had, or if I can only cause 1 con artist to have a change of heart then this post was all worth going through a once painful past.
      My friend, thanks for a very thoughtful and inspiring comment. You always bring these words to life. God bless you and your family. I wish you a lot of great sunsets ahead.

I mean, YOU had …

• I didn’t even notice it because the overall message was beautiful in itself. One of the most heartfelt , inspiring, motivating and insightful comments that I ever read. Thank you my friend. Stay blessed with the gift of words.

28. Connie T says:

I like the rain sunset. All the sunset pictures are nice. You take nice photos.

29. I’m indoors around sunset most the time these days, but I did enjoy a marvelous sunset on the way back from Santa Monica recently. It was the 1.5 year anniversary of my mom’s death, and I’d just spent the day at the pier with a couple of good friends. In a rare turn, I was the one driving so I could only take it all in properly while stopped at signs and lights. At those moments, I’d look out the window behind me and exclaim aloud to both my boys what an amazing gift the sunset was. The enormous sheets of dark cloud overhead were lit oranges and pinks by the sunset sky just behind them.

The day marked a sad day for me, but it also marked another day I was around not only to witness but to savor . . . much like I savored this thought-provoking post!

• Thank you for sharing your mom’s death anniversary with me. Some sunsets makes us sad as we remember the love ones who left us for the after life. At times I try not to think about loss because it makes me kind of emotional and somehow I feel a bit of heart break deep inside. Sorry to hear about her passing. Sometimes no matter how painful it is, we need to remember and pay tribute to how they were , of how they touch our lives, of how their love made us who we are. At the end of this sunset, we will feel better, perhaps even smile as we realize how fortunate we are to have lived with them and felt the warmth of their love for us. I wish you days filled with blessings.

30. thirdhandart says:

Wonderful sunsets and post! Sunsets are so much prettier when shared with loved ones!

31. thedailydish says:

IT, if only more people could think & see the world as you do, we would all be better off.

• Your right my friend but can I add something? If the world thinks like we do, we would all be better off. It needs several minds, hearts and hands to bring a more effective positive change. The more spark, the brighter our world would be. Thanks for making a difference yourself, one day, one dish at a time. Have a wonderful day my friend. Wishing you endless golden , happy sunsets.

32. Niki Fulton says:

Stunning photographs and I couldn’t agree more – the sea is so calming and manages to put things in perspective. I couldn’t live away from the coast, I really need to see it as much as I can and it is a never ending source of inspiration, as are your posts. Lovely.

• I told my wife, one day I will live close to the sea and walk with you hand in hand along the beach , enjoying blissful sunsets. I know that dream will come soon. Thank you for a sharing, you’re blessed to live close to the sea…. Have a beautiful day.

33. Pingback: Sunsets and Sunrises | I choose how I will spend the rest of my life

34. Louise says:

Hi Island Traveler! I love your photographs. I love how even with adversity from the con artist you and your family did not let it bring you down. You have such a wonderful family and life.

Cheers,
    Louise

• Thanks Louise. It took us sometime to overcome the pain but now all we have to do is look at our son and watch him smile and do his usual magic charms and all we see is a bright and happy future. Life is too short to dwell on anger, hatred or misery. I refuse to have this con artist ruin my future. Money I can find with hard work but happiness and inner peace you can’t. I realize now how powerful love is, it does can make you move mountains and any obstacles ahead. Give my regards to you wonderful family. God bless my friend.

• I agree with you that life should be paddled and shared with our family. We need to celebrate each sunset with all that we have, with all that we can give and with all that we can enjoy. Some sunsets don’t exactly come the way it was the day before. Sometimes we get to have one chance on a particular person or event. We need to witness the beauty of the sunset of today, and with those people we care about. Thanks my friend. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Thanks Louise. We were in pain for awhile. It was hard to accept that it happened to us and the perpetrator is someone we know. But eventually he was not worth wasting our time and emotions. There’s more important things in life to live in misery. We let his fate rest on God. We believe that he will take care of us as well as give due justice for all concerned. Best wishes to you and your family.

35. Patti Kuche says:

Oh my goodness, these are such glorious sunsets made all the more dramatic with those incredible clouds of thunder. How simple and grateful to have “shelter from the storm” in order to see the sun rise on another day. And how lovely always to hear from you and your loving shelter.

• Thank you for the generous, appreciative comment. That means a lot to me. It’s easier to face a dark cloud when you have someone to help you overcome them. Have a blessed and joyous day to you and your love ones.

36. 2e0mca says:

A very nice range of different shots with an interesting narrative. Thunderstorms often happen at the end of the day as the sky wreaks its vengence on us for having lazed in the sun all day 😉 I love the paddling shot at the end – isn’t that what life should be about 🙂

37. backonmyown says:

Magnificent photos. Sunsets are special to me your pictures and commentary make them more so. Thanks.

38. Jo Bryant says:

I love the positivity that shines through these shots and the words that go with them. It is always a pleasure coming here 🙂

What a ‘bellissimo’ blog you wrote again. The love you and your wife share did get you through the bad times with your marriage intact. It’s inspiring to hear about good marriages like yours. May you have many more beautiful sunsets together. I just love your post. Thank you so much for sharing!

Another touching story. You and your wife have an admirable relationship and so inspiring to read how the two of you support each other in tough times! Beautiful!

• When I got married I though it was all sweetness ….just like in the movies but real love is evident during our most trying moments. It was during our lowest moments that we felt our love and bond the strongest. It was hard but we held on and I’m glad that we did. Stay blessed my friend. I wish you and your family a lot of beautiful sunsets for years to come.

41. The T says:

As a man who recognizes the deep connection of how man loves to view sunsets, I enjoy one quite often. I have missed your updates while I’ve been on vacation, but once I read this blog, I needed to mention something to you…. if ever you track this man who gave you a con, you should give me a shout… I’ve got a vicious baseball bat and you’ve got a friend who loves to travel…

I’m simply just putting that out there…. you’re good peeps, and I don’t have to tell you but I love the pics…love your terrific stories…

T.

• Ok my friend. Your the first one I call. I actually relocated to another state so to avoid confrontation. Sometimes even a good man can loose his cool when pushed to to the edge. I do have a baseball bat under my bed. In case an intruder comes. I’m glad that you visited back, and hope you had a fun vacation. Stay cool always

42. These sunsets look absolutely wonderful. I mean wow.. each photo somehow takes my breath away and makes me relax while viewing it. Love this post

• Thank you. They did took my breath away too, for a moment at least when I was actually watching them in person. But sunsets goes down so quick and we really need to take our time to simply enjoy how beautiful they are. I’m glad you like the post. Sunsets are meant to be shared and celebrated. Have a wonderful day.

43. I have to add that I think “con artists” are out there and we need to be careful – I cannot believe that happened to you and your wife with the house. I am learning about con artists right now and it’s so interesting how people TRY to do their craft, but on the other hand, God will bless us and he says, “Vengeance is mine thus says the Lord.” I tend to say it over and over b/c of how others have scammed my good nature in the past. Your photo’s are a delight to look at and keep for future and thanks for always being my friend. 🙂

• Sorry to hear about your past hurts too. Just like you, I can’t believe at first that it happened to me and my wife. I had to ask myself several times, ” why me?” But I think certain things happen for a reason and I believe the Lord’s plan is good and he knows better. I lift up to him everything. He is a just God and I bet he already has a plan for this evil con artist or any con criminal for that matter. We can forgive but we should not forget. Experiences like this makes us smarter in way. It helps us learn how people behave and their potential to do harm as much as they have the potential for good. Times are more tough now and we need to be extra careful . Today, I look more on the great things I have like my family , my friends, my health, safety, job, etc. I intend to bury the painful past and face the future with hope and optimism. Life has so much to offer with so little time. We just need to enjoy them. God bless you my friend and I wish the best in all that you do. Thank you.

44. Your blog is amazing. I like how you talk about the many different sunsets in life – from the stormy to the beautiful and how each affects us. Not only are you a talented writer, you are also very inspirational and remind me to focus on the positive.

Also, sorry to hear that you and your wife were conned. That has got to be one of the most difficult situations to go through.

• Thank you for the inspiring and appreciative words. They sounded like music to my ears. Yes, the incident caused us so much pain and tears, but past is past. The future is too bright to waste my time on thinking about this con artist. I already prayed for it so many times and I know God has his ways in dealing with him. Right now my focus is my son and my wife and how we could makes our lives more happier. My goal now is to enjoy the sweet things in life whenever I can. Stay blessed always and wishing you and your husband all the love and happiness.

45. Pingback: Sun Sets on the Golden Horn – Weekly Photo Challenge (Sunset) « aNTibaKTeRiYeL

46. midaevalmaiden says:

I am always amazed to to find how high quality your posts always are. So full of colorfull visuals and introspection. I have no idea how you find that kind of time. As always, this posting was brilliant.

• It try to find the time because honestly, I love doing it and it makes me happy. Sometimes when I read them, I can’t even believe that I wrote them. There are days when I feel low and when I read those posts and the inspiring comments, I feel renewed again. I just want to celebrate life for much as I can with my family. God only knows how long we all are to live in this world. If today there’s a chance for fun and adventure, then we should cease the moment and grab them. Thanks for the comment. Stay bless in all that you do.

47. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset… | Mirth and Motivation

48. Wonderful images and story. It’s always a pleasure to visit here!

49. jhirzel88 says:

I knew it! You must have had an eye on that after I posted that last comment on your other “Sunset” blog. Now I see actual proof that the meteorologists never lie on these facts. I wonder if there were any tornadoes around. Those clouds looked pretty dark.

I remember just looking at the sunsets themselves, and being able to remember the colors. I would always look at how much orange was in the sky compared to blue and grey.

• You were right my friend as to the colors of sunrise and sunsets and the weather that follows them. Either way, they all looked awesome. Mother nature gives the most beautiful images . Thank you.

50. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset | jeanne's blog…a nola girl at heart

51. Just lovely IT! Beautiful photos, and an equally touching story. I’m sorry to hear about the con artist. It’s a shame that there are people like that in the world. More importantly, I admire your resilience. I think it’s admirable of you to focus on the positive instead of dwelling on the negative. That’s not always easy to do, but it’s better to focus on the positive instead of wasting energy on that ordeal. Fortunately, you have a family who loves and supports each other. That is what matters the most. Thanks for sharing your story and your lovely photos. Sunsets have a way of making everything better. It’s nature’s way of healing the soul. Wouldn’t you agree? 🙂

• ” It’s better to focus on the positive instead of wasting energy on that ordeal.” So very true. I love each thoughts you poured out in this comment. I felt like my best friend is giving me words of comfort. Thank you. Once again I apologize for the delay. Normally I’m top of this things. I guess it’s just been busy for me. You are right again in saying that sunsets gives us healing and that I was fortunate to have my family around to love and support me during those crucial times. God bless you always.

52. Sunsets that display brilliant colors leaves us with a grateful heart after a good day. Thanks for your bloggs!

53. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Comfort | this man's journey

54. Your photos are breath taking and I enjoyed reading your touching post. Continue to find strength in your family and know there are people out there that are touched by your story. It is so refreshing to know someone who truly cares about the goodness of others and still believes in hope even when there are “pot holes in the road”. You have a good soul and others will find blessings from your words. Best wishes to you and your family!

• Oh, wow….one of the most beautiful and encouraging comments I’ve ever read. Thank you. That means a lot to me. It is hard for me not to take care despite of being taken advantage by someone whom my wife and I trusted. I guess it made me cautious and not too trust easily but you can’t really change who you are. I was raised by two loving and generous parents whom I considered as my role models. They too had some of the most painful experiences of being taken advantage by family and friends whom they gave so much but it never stopped them from continuing to care for those who are worthy of their love and compassion. We should never give up the fact that there is something good in “Most” people. And we should not close our doors to new friendship simply because we were hurt by a few friends in the past. Life is too short to dwell on anger, on regrets. My son reminds me each day that there is so many beautiful things and people in the world and that I need to seek them for as long as I can. Have a blessed day and best wishes to your family.

55. Pingback: Monday Moments « It Just Dawned On Me

56. yen says:

I’m so blessed by this post. I’m glad Ms Georgette Sullins gave me a link to your blog. God bless you and your family in every way. I love and can relate with the first story on sunset…the one about forgiveness and starting over again.:) Joy comes in the morning!

• Forgiveness, letting go and moving on with our lives is one of the hardest thing that I personally went through. It seems that the greater the pain you experienced, the harder it is. It is difficult too when every now and then he resurfaces since some of my family members have not realized how evil he is. I’m hoping one day they will. For now, I can only pray that their eyes will open to the truth. Thank you for visiting and sharing your thoughts. A lot of times, the hardship is less hurting when you get to share and talk about it to someone who can relate to them. God bless you too and your wonderful family. Here’s to forgiveness and to a brighter, joyous morning ahead!

57. Pingback: And the Winner of the Liebster Award for Blogging is….www.ichoosehappynow.com! | ichoosehappynow.com