Through my son’s eyes, I get to see a child’s world that is full of wonders, amazement, excitement and imagination that doesn’t seem to have boundaries. It reminds me of the movie “Willie Wonka And The Chocolate Factory” which made me dream as a child that somewhere in this world, a place where a river of flowing chocolate and a garden of colorful candies exist.
Does The Fascinating World Of Atlantis Exist? I wondered.
One of the places I always thought existed as a boy was the hidden world of the Atlantis. I had this compilation of “Reader’s DigestAmazing Stories: Fact or Fiction” which I would read again and again. Stories that ranges from vampires to the epic Titanic were some of the fascinating topics that captured my wild imagination.
Well, I do know now that it doesn’t exist but in a way it is a metaphor of a place where excitement, adventure and endless fun happens.
At an amusement park, my son excitedly asked me, “dad, let’s ride that thing where you go up and then get wet when it goes down.” The thing he was referring about was the thrilling water roller coaster ride called Journey To Atlantis at Sea World which we both discovered to be refreshingly fun last year during our Thanksgiving out of town family getaway.
I felt my heart stayed at the original point of the drop as the coaster plunge downwards to an almost 90 degrees angle. I wasn’t sure who’s scream was louder, my son’s or mine. We both shouted, “Ahh” at the top of our lungs and as we landed, large amount of cold water splashed all over us. The initial scary drop was followed by generous laughter. A laughter that made me reflect that perhaps, even for a brief moment, I felt how it was to be in Atlantis, real or not. For a moment, time froze and all I felt was pure joy and excitement. In a way, I journeyed to the euphoric world of Atlantis.
As we walked out towards the exit, drenched and dripping, my son grinned happily and said, “that was awesome. Let’s do it again, dad!” I said to myself, “Oh no, here we go again.”
I hope you enjoyed my version of this week’s photo challenge. May it open the amazing wonders of your childhood memories where you once believed that places like Atlantis exist.
What filled your thoughts with wonder as a child? You’ll be surprised by how much wonderful memories you can remember.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: wonder (andreadreamin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Wonder (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder.. (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Atlantis, The Lost City By Plato! (mysteryworlds.wordpress.com)
- Atlantis Discovered in The South of Spain (socyberty.com)
- Were was atlantis before it sank (wiki.answers.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (curlybookworm.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)