Sunday Post: Landscape

Landscape And Solitude

There was a time when I would go to places just to see the beautiful landscape that people have talked about. I would sit there for hours or walk on its sandy beaches or simply sit under a tree, watching the fusion of nature’s art under a mountain. I would do this alone. It was my solitude. It was my escape. It was my way to renew my soul. I thought it was the most amazing way to discover the beauty and gift of mother Earth until I met my wife.

Landscape And The Person You Love

I realized it is more meaningful to share a beautiful experience with nature and its breathtaking landscape with someone you love. There are no words to describe the feeling of holding someone’s hand or holding her close to you as you both watch the sunset over a calm and peaceful lake. It is a perfect time to dream, to hope, to cherish , to promise a love that would withstand the test of time.

Now that I’m used to sharing this moments with my wife. It’s hard to imagine a journey without her. Whenever I see a landscape, no matter how beautiful it is, there’s always something missing. It only becomes perfect and complete, even timeless as long as she is a part of it. Hopeless romantic? May be but once you shared your life with someone and gave your self unconditionally, it’s hard to face reality alone. There would always be a missing piece, that only your partner’s love can ever fill.

Who do you share your dreams with? What is a perfect landscape moment for you? What is that one landscape that took your breath away, even just for a few seconds? I hope you all enjoyed my version of the Sunday Post for this week. Thanks for sharing your time watching the landscape of my memory. Have a beautiful day.

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Sunday Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Sunday Post: Landscape

The sky in your photos looks like they were painted in. Very beautiful!

2. This is so beautiful and your photos are absolutely wonderful! πŸ™‚

3. imexcited says:

Great set of images! I love the sky on the 3rd & 4th photo, so lovely!! I agree with what you said that once once you shared you life with someone and gave your self unconditionally, it’s hard to face reality alone…Have a beautiful day too πŸ™‚

• Thank you. The path we traveled is often more meaningful when shared with someone, either a friend, a lifetime partner or our family members. Have a wonderful day.

4. aRVee says:

beautiful scenery and as always, wonderful post! I especially like the 3rd and 4th pictures.

Stay blessed my friend and have a great Sunday! πŸ™‚

5. siggiofmaine says:

Lovely, Just lovely.
    Peace,
    Siggi in Downeast Maine

6. Thank you for coming to visit my post…I had to come to see yours…and I’m so glad I did.
    Your photography is breathtaking! And so is the way you expressed your love for your wife and the feeling that the landscape is more complete now that she is “in the picture” with you. πŸ™‚ I just love that. My husband and I have been married for over 44 years…and the landscape of our relationship is strong and beautiful and full of love. πŸ™‚

• My great admiration when you wrote, “My husband and I have been married for over 44 years…and the landscape of our relationship is strong and beautiful and full of love. ” Stories like yours inspires me that love can endure all odds and I can grow old with same person and love her the way I did the first time cupid tickled my heart. wishing you all life’s blessings. Thank you.

7. Pingback: Sunday Post: Landscapes and a February Poetry Contest « Positive Parental Participation

Just lovely and breathtaking. πŸ™‚

9. jakesprinter says:

Beautiful Entry for Landscape my friend πŸ™‚

• Thank you. Sorry for the late entries. Been really busy. I’m glad a had a quick weekend trip with friends…not only had I enjoyed the event. I got to bring in some pictures too.

10. Beautiful pictures. Yes, those things are always better with the one you love:) The sight that took my breath away was the first time I fly into Alaska in winter. Flying into Anchorage, surrounded by the inlet and the mountains – – pretty spectacular.

• I heard that Alaska has a lot of beautiful landscapes specially during Summer or Spring. I would like to visit it one day. Perhaps through a cruise. Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed day my friend…

11. Sonel says:

Stunning photo’s once again! Have a great day! πŸ™‚

12. Beautiful post and photos. God’s blessings to you and yours. πŸ™‚

13. Your version of the Sunday post is moving.

The landscape which is most part of me is standing on the shoreline watching the Atlantic rollers. Their Rhythm soothes my soul. Unfortunately, my husbands idea of landscape is football. Sometimes men are most def from Mars and women from venus. Your wife is lucky πŸ™‚

• That’s sounds beautiful with a bit of humor too. My wife wasn’t used to nature until she met me. She would rather visit the Mall than explore nature. Lately, she too fell in love with the beach and anything with water. I guess both our souls are seeking a place of calmness and solitude. Don’t we all? Have a beautiful day.

• That sounds really beautiful. Sometimes some people think romantics are crazy, too intense, to emotional, even too sensitive but I believe this world needed all the Love and Passion it can get. So two is a great start…we need to recruit more…ha,ha, ha….Thank you for sharing.

14. The world needs hopeless romantics…. So if that’s you, be just that everyday!!! πŸ™‚ **

• As I’m getting older, I seem to think less of what others say but more on what I think and feel. Feels great and liberating. Thank you for the constant support. have a blessed day.

15. Nandini says:

Beautiful! Loved the third one. Very sweet and stunning landscape! πŸ™‚

16. Sigh. Be still my heart. Very sweet.

17. Love the photo of you both leaning into one another keeping warm in your long sleeves and jacket.

• Thanks Georgette. It was cold and windy that day. Yes, it helped that we kept each other cozy. A perfect day with the perfect person. What more can I asked, right? God bless you my friend.

18. “It is a perfect time to dream, to hope, to cherish , to promise a love that would withstand the test of time.”

Your words remind me of the first time my husband and I went to Cape Cod together. Before we ever met, we both used to go there as children to visit our grandparents. There together on the beach at sunset we shared our dreams and made that promise and thankfully our love has withstood the test of time, even with all the ups and downs. Wishing you and your wife the same wonderful journey, as you embrace the beauty of nature together…

• That so beautiful Barbara. Your love story is so inspiring . Like the one I only see in the movies. Two kids who saw each other at the beach, then years after love brought them back together and shared the rest of their days loving and cherishing each other. Thank you for sharing a priceless inspiration today…take care my friend.

19. yen says:

Wow, breathtaking pictures! I especially loved the one with you and your wife.:) You’re right, when you see something that magnificent and beautiful, you’d want to share it with someone you love.

• The one with my wife is my favorite too. Whenever there’s a human factor in a photo, it creates a moment in a scene, no matter how ordinary the landscape may be. It’s the heart that we give in the moment that makes all the difference. God bless you and your family.

20. Judy says:

Love your photos and your words. The photo of you and your wife by the lake is wonderful. Is this the same lake as the weekend with friends and family? The glorious color reflected in the water has stuck in my mind from that post. I was blown away by it. So simple, yet so stunning.

• Yes it was the same lake. Just before we left the place I requested my friend to take the picture of me and my wife. I wish to share the moment not just in my memory but through a photo that we would look at years from now. Thanks for the wonderful and beautiful comment.

21. Frank Bishop says:

It has been raining and hailing here, I wish your photos are how it looked here. Well… we had tornadoes so the sky turned green so that is something, but I would still rather have that weather.

• I hope everything is fine in your side of the world. I saw the devastation of the tornado just a few days ago. My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

22. jhirzel88 says:

I really don’t have anyone to share my dreams with at the moment. Right now, I see everything as a typical day. I don’t see anything that seems tranquil. The only artwork I can look forward to is the design of my mom’s cupcakes

• It can start as one inspiration, perhaps the cupcake’s design , then another inspiration comes. Everyday is a chance for better, brighter things. I hope today is much wonderful for you.

23. rommel says:

You always capture great pictures to combine with your inspiring words. Always a great post, islandtraveler.

• Thank you. It’s easy to be inspired when all that you could ever want and need is in front of you. Honestly, sometimes I just kept clicking the iPhone camera and get a fun surprise that I get to captured something beautiful. This are images I will always cherish.

24. jeanne says:

The first time I experienced the snow covered San Juan Mountain range in Durango Colorado…incredible, majestic, breathtaking, awe inspiring and I shared it with my beloved! I will never forget it!

• Thank you Jeanne. That is one beautiful story. I can see now how happy you are with face all glowing as you share the amazing view with you love at your side. I bet the world seemed to have frozen for a moment. take care my friend and best wishes to your family.

How wonderful! What a beautiful photo of the couple looking out over the lake! I think it is more meaningful to share such a lovely sight with someone special.

• I do too. Ever since I met my wife, the way I visualize nature’s landscape changed. I see them more with an inspired heart, even a grateful one even. Life is best when shared in love…Thanks.

In this case it, Mayon’s landscape is the best for me. Do you still remember that post? That was the time I introduced my little boy to hiking and I must say you are right in saying that sharing such a beautiful view like the majestic Mayon with the most important persons in our life makes the difference. Seeing my son and wife enjoy the scenic landscape makes me feel twice the joy. I may have not understood your point before but I do now. Given the chance, I would really want to bring my wife with me on top of the mountains or simply to the beautiful places my wandering feet takes me. The fact of the matter is, my wife suffered from a malady almost a couple of years ago (last April 7, 2010 to May 5, 2010), which made her refrain from doing strenuous physical activities — per doctor’s advice.

This Lent (a few weeks from now), I will again bond with them through Sorsogon’s scenic places including bonding with one of the gentlest giants on earth: butanding’s. There’s no extreme hiking involve so I might as well grab the chance to share another beautiful landscape, another beautiful experience with them even though my wife is already six months pregnant by that time.

• I’m so happy for you that you get to share now the adventures of the “Wandering Feet” with your wife and son. there are no words to describe the joy when you share this beautiful places with them . My wife is not so into nature but due to my constant eagerness, she too began to appreciate the magic of nature. My son is the ever ready explorer so he delights in stuff like this. I remember your post on Mayon. I wish I get to see them one day. I’m going home in the soon but most i’m just in the Visayas. I wish have more time…Thanks for sharing. like this words, “sharing such a beautiful view like the majestic Mayon with the most important persons in our life makes the difference…” It does Bro.

I mean, “butandings”.

28. Judee says:

What a lovely post, and such a beautiful journey you have traveled, from solitude to sharing. The pictures are a perfect complement to your personal expression.

• Thank you. The beauty of blogging is that you get to see the world and the people around you with a different perspective. Every moment is an inspired event waiting to be written , shared and remembered. This is one thing I’m so grateful about since I started writing. I get to appreciate life more and all that it has to offer.

Beautiful post and the pictures are gorgeous… have a fantastic week ahead! πŸ™‚

30. Thank you. It’s always a joy to read your comments. Have a great day…

31. I totally can relate to this post IT! There is nothing better than sharing a beautiful landscape with the one you love. I guess I must be a romantic like you IT. Spending time in a picturesque setting with my true love is pure bliss to me too. Nonetheless, those are just gorgeous shots that exude serenity. I love how the light reflects off the water. Your words are equally beautiful my friend. I wish you and your family endless happiness. πŸ™‚

• My friend, sometimes I can help but be mesmerized by the beautiful words of your comments. It’s like reading an inspiration note of the day. Thank you. Yes, it is a bliss to spend this moments with our love ones. They make any landscape breathtaking with a wonderful memory to go with it. Take care always…

32. Sabina Brave says:

I like the most the picture of loving couple πŸ™‚

33. nelson RN says:

Beautiful post with stunning photographs. I like that pic of you with your wife. Stay happy, friend!