Sunday Post: Pleasure

What can be more pleasurable than hearing you child laugh generously because he is so happy. That his face is all lit up because he thinks he is a prince about to slay a dragon and rescue his princess or an explorer ready to discover a unchartered land or even as an athlete passionate to win his first gold.

Seeing my son happy and having his dreams turn to reality gives me joy and pleasure. I believe every parent hopes to give the best for their children . Some would even risk their lives so they can have a better future.

To all the parents out there, I admire your courage and perseverance. What you do each day for your kids doesn’t go unnoticed. Each of your sacrifices gets written in love in the heart of your child. Because of you, they see the world as a place of hope, love, happiness and endless possibilities.

What gives you a reason to smile, even laugh? What was that one unforgettable moment that your child believed without doubt that you can do anything, be anything?

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in kids, Love, parenting, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Sunday Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Sunday Post: Pleasure

1. Sonel says:

Stunning post and photo’s IT. Children are blessings indeed and they bring lots of joy and love into our lives. Your son is blessed to have a wonderful father like you. 🙂

2. Judee says:

What a wonderful expression of the theme! Children are life’s treasures because they know what it is to find pleasure in the simplest of things.

• “Children are life’s treasures because they know what it is to find pleasure in the simplest of things.” This is why it is always so beautiful to see how children sees the world around them. They can be happy without having much. As adults we can all learn from that. Thanks for sharing.

How beautiful your words are. I can hear the laughter and feel the love coming from your photos.

4. Barb says:

Something feels right with the world when we can watch our children at play. Thanks for reminding us of tis with your posts.

5. It’s a wonderful pleasure watching children play…so much energy and they are so sad when it has to come to an end. Daughter #2 felt happiest when she was dancing.

• I wish my son has an inclination with dancing. Unfortunately like his dad, he has two left feet when he dance…ha, ha, ha. Children are just a delight to us parents. Can’t imagine a world without them. Have a blessed day my friend.

6. Colline says:

Nothing brings me more pleasure than the laughter of children – whether it is my own, or others. Their laughter is so full of joy, innocence, and … well pleasure 🙂

• I agree, children’s laughter is full of joy, innocence and pleasure. The sound and sincerity is pure and genuine. When they are happy, they are truly happy. Thanks for sharing.

7. yen says:

Beautiful images that fully captured the kids’ delight in their play!

One thing that brings a smile to my face is retrieving the baby photos of my children and sharing with them the memories that made them what they are today. “Oh, Mom, not again!!!” (hehe, adult children crack me up sometimes, especially when they tell me, “why did you take THAT photo?!”) 🙂
    Thanks! Enjoyed it!

• Those childhood photos will always bring us happy memories. I wish my parents took more pictures when I was a child. I bet they had great memories of my childhood but now that I’m older, I want to see how it was then. One day our kids will think the same. Thanks for sharing.

9. jhirzel88 says:

As for me, I am staying with my grandparents, that way I don’t have to deal with my siblings. I ran away from home after I put poisoned cupcakes to the birds. I bike rode actually, and I put my containers in my pouch, since I locked myself out. All that is in the past now, so I try not to think about it.

• I hope everything is doing well for you. I can’t imagine how it must feel to ran away. Family is still our best buddies. No matter what happens , in the end they will be our pillar during times of struggles. I wish you the best.

10. The last picture made me smile – it’s stunning, a keeper!!

• My son has this most infectious optimism that no matter how tired I am, he makes me smile and believe that everything will be alright. I remember how happy he was that day. It was his first to play “throwing rocks on a lake” with his friends. I just have to watch him that he doesn’t jump into the water. Thanks. Have a sweet day my friend.

I’m thankful for my parents cause they gave me a wonderful and beloved childhood. 😀 They are awesome!

12. dadirri7 says:

so beautiful island traveler …. attention is love …. bathing each child in love would change the world in such a short time … and how much joy and pleasure would we all share!!!

• Beautiful my friend when you said, “…. attention is love …. bathing each child in love would change the world in such a short time…” I do believe that no matter how much problem the world has, with love, we can heal each wound one day at a time.Thanks for sharing.

13. Pingback: Sunday Post: PLEASURE #2 | MindMindful

Well said, bro — for us parents. I hate to copy in a degree but I can’t help doing it. As long as I see my son all that eager and happy, I think that’s pleasure for me too.

There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing your loved ones — my son and wife in this case — happy. That way I feel that I am doing something right, something meaningful, something pleasurable. By the way, I am pretty much impressed with your photos. STRIKING is the word to describe each of them.

Again, I’d like to say happy trip to you and your family in a few days. I guess I am not spilling some beans here, huh. 🙂

Our children give us pleasure and for that I am grateful… Another wonderful, heartfelt post. 😉

16. thirdhandart says:

You’re so right Island Traveler… one of the greatest joys in life is hearing the laughter of your children. Wonderful entry for the Sunday Post! 🙂

17. Wonderful photos IT! Kids bring us so much joy and pleasure. I just love seeing kids smiling and happy. And I must say that your son must be one happy kid! I wish you and your family lots of love and happiness. By the way, I also wish you a safe trip back to your homeland. I’m looking forward to you sharing your experience. I bet the photos will be awesome. I can’t wait! 🙂

• Thank you. I’m finally home. I’m still recovering from my 2 day trip. I had bad allergies during my travel with sleep deprivation but all of that vanished as soon as I say the beautiful and warm smiles of my family. I feel grateful and blessed to have this chance of being with them. My son never looked so happy meeting and playing with his cousins. He also found 2 loving dogs…a. Labrador and a Dalmatian. It’s his wish to have a dog, in a way, he now has one. Life is good no matter what. God bless you always….

18. jakesprinter says:

Most pleasure thinker all the time are Children, nice work my friend 🙂

19. munchow says:

Another beautiful post by you my friend. Seeing our children grow up and enjoy life is the best any parents can hope for. At the same time we grown-ups have so much to learn from our kid’s open-minded attitude towards life. We often seemed to have forgotten that in the process of leaving childhood behind us. For me there isn’t one moment with my kids that stands strong in my memory, but so many small situations that we have all shared.

20. Sabina Brave says:

I like coming here. Because I can find here always something beautiful. Thoughts, pictures, and 1st of all, so much love going through all stuffs here.
    Have a fantastic week IT 🙂

• Thanks Sabina. I appreciate the heart warming generous words. Love every bit of it. Wishing you all the love and joy. Hope you’re having a blast this Spring break….

21. Arindam says:

As always beautiful post with some stunning photographs bro. Yes a child see the world as a place of hope, place of dreams, place of success, place of possibilities only due to his parents and the compromises those two people make. We all need to remember this simple yet important thing throughout our lives.
    I hope you are having a wonderful time with family in your hometown. Enjoy the trip bro. Best wishes to you. 🙂

• I’m having a wonderful time back in my home land. My son discovered the joy of simple play like running around with a gentle Labrador dog, playing ball and kid’s cards. We are all having an enjoyable, happy times with family. I feel blessed. Have a great day Bro…thanks.

22. nelson RN says:

“Each of your sacrifices gets written in love in the heart of your child.” I like that.
    This post is full of love. Thanks for sharing this inspirational thoughts.

• Our children makes us passionate about things we never dreamed possible. They make us feel, care, love and a lot more. We become a better person because of them. Bro, wishing you and your family the best.

23. Paula says:

A lovely post IT… to see people (children) we love smile is priceless.