Sometimes, we may need to be unfocused to see if we are truly on the right path. What may be our goals in the past may not necessarily be the dream we are living in the present.
When I was younger, I was driven by career goals. Back then, success and happiness means getting a lucrative job that pays well and saving as much for my family’s future. It’s not a bad goal. Everyone wants to give their family a better future if not the best. But along the way, I forgot about myself and the other dreams I used to make as a child. I forgot the things and reasons that made me happy when I wake up each morning. I forgot how beautiful it is to chill, to let go, to be silent so I can hear what my heart was trying to scream for such a long time. I forgot that life is meant to be enjoyed, to be savored, to be celebrated as often as I can.
Yes, it took me to unfocused myself on fleeting, superficial material trappings and pursuit to see once again what would make me smile and just be happy with each new day. It wasn’t easy and it will never be easy considering the so many distractions and demands of the world that we all live in. But it sure is worth every ounce of the effort.
The moment I unfocused my self on what the world wants me to believe as essential is the very moment my eyes were opened to what really is important in my life. Now I see things more clearly. And yep, I get to smile once again with each new day knowing the reasons of my joy and meaning are just in front of me.
This week’s photo challenge called “Unfocused” is a great way to see if we are heading on the right direction. Sometimes to see the road clearly, we need to be unfocused on anything that is non-essential.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (seraphim6.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: UNFOCUSED (bopaula.wordpress.com)
- The Weekly Challenge – Unfocused. (thegingerbreadcafe.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (aditimitra.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (thekindnesskronicles.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (arindammohapatra.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (passion2read.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Unfocused (albadrln.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (sidiksoleman.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Unfocused (jmsimpson.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (frenchtwistedwoman.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (sonelscorner.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (taochildseyes.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (capturingamemory.wordpress.com)