This week’s photo challenge gave us a brief opportunity for a “free for all,” whatever inspires you subject. I read several posts and enjoyed the amazing images under the theme “Reflection.” The first thing that popped in my mind is the daily reflection I experience each and very day.
Today, I kept on thinking, “What makes me happy?” It’s an easy question. So many answers. So many choices. Some are simple while others are complex. A few, a bit weird and almost fictional. But they are in their humble and pure sense, makes me smile even on a dark, gloomy day. So, I decided to check my photo archives to see which photos reminded me of a happy memory. Here goes.
A day with my wife, holding her hand as we walk on a white sand beach with crystal clear waters. As we stare at the horizon, we get to share our Island dreams with the Sun humming the lyrics, “Love is in the air.”
To hear my son laugh generously as we play “Beyblade” spinners and “Nerf blaster” games. To see him looking so excited as he build his favorite Lego Star Wars and Ninjago. To see him run so happy and free as he greets the sea’s playful waves. To see him create a sand castle filled with bright and hopeful childhood dreams.
To be one with nature, undisturbed from any chaotic and stressful life. Just drifting into a place of calmness and peace as the swaying motion of the hammock relaxes all sorts of body aches. Every now and then, I get to wake up, and I could see the coconut leaves gently dancing with the music of the soothing Sea. And yes, I get to have lots of wonderful dreams. Dreams as far as my imagination will take me.
To spend another day with my parents, specially my mom so I can tell her in person how much I love her and appreciate her generous heart. To greet her in person a “Happy Mother’s Day” while I give her a warm hug and a kiss.
Thanks for sharing my day’s reflection. I hope you enjoyed dreaming with me. I hope it brought you to a place that gave you a happy memory.
Before the day is over, as a form of mental exercise, ask yourself, “What makes me happy?” Then close your eyes and let yourself drift to that place. Chances are you’ll be smiling with a joyful glow on your face before you could even open your eyes.
- Lego Star Wars makes my Mothers’ Day! (doginthewind.wordpress.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day To All (workthedream.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (judesphotography.wordpress.com)
- Dear *I* – Honoring You On Mother’s Day (sharonannevanwyk.wordpress.com)
- Happy… (raindropsofhope.wordpress.com)
- Reflections (juliapulia.wordpress.com)
- Happy First Mother’s Day (to me)! (ourhomeintoto.wordpress.com)
- Happiness Tingle (margekatherine.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day! (bookclubbabe.wordpress.com)
- L is for Legos (lincolnblogsstuff.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: Acceptance & Our Happiness Quotient… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (thetaskmistress.me)
- Reflecting Through… (achievinghappiness.net)
- A Happy Mother (empoweringmothers.wordpress.com)
- Happiness and the Rearview Mirror (marriageconfessions.com)
- Reflections – An Unofficial Weekly Photo Challenge (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Reflections (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Happy Blessed Mother’s Day (Reflection) (joannaspring.com)
- Reflections (mystiic.wordpress.com)
- Reflecting on Collecting: Happy Mothers’ Day! (bbbros.wordpress.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day (realsouthernhousewifeoforangecounty.wordpress.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day (centenarytohaiti.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Week and Post of Week! (arindammohapatra.wordpress.com)