Fun Under The Sun Never Ends In Boracay
One of the most fun places I’d been is Boracay, an island blessed with powdery white sands, crystal clear waters and sunsets that sinks deep into your soul. It is an island of many dreams and possibilities. One of these possibilities is to have fun to your heart’s content. Today, I share with you the top 10 fun things to do in this majestic tropical island paradise.
“It is simply beautiful to just have fun, to let go, to let loose, to laugh without restraint, to be happy.”
My top 10 are…
1. Going bananas over an adrenaline racing Banana Boat. The last one to fall gets to take home a bunch of delicious bananas. Just Kidding!
2. Having lots of beautiful photos while getting that perfect tan. If you’re into “selfies”, every landscape background are picture perfect. It’s a photographer’s wonderland.
3. Swimming to your heart’s content. My son thought that he was a fish and pretended to breath under water.
4. Feel the wind, be like the wind and go Surfing. May it be on a slippery sand or on waters or both. Just make sure you don’t have back problems. I slipped one time and I tell you the back pain was excruciating. I was lucky that on the second day, after a lot of stretching and prayers, the pain went away . An island miracle!
5. Playing in the sand. My son, for the first time got covered with sand from neck down. He loved every moment of it. He did it several times. Can’t believe that a year ago, he was freaking out because he didn’t like having sand on his feet or inside his shoes. The island can easily change you and forget your fears.
6. For the Shopaholic, go island shopping frenzy by the beach or to the nearby island stores called “Talipapa.” No problem if you forgot your sun glasses, hat or slippers. There’s a new one that awaits for you in every corner. It only costs a few pesos. It’s also a great way to help the locals earn a living.
7. Fly like a bird and go parasailing. This is a breathtaking way to enjoy an aerial view of the island and surrounding waters. Just make sure it’s not close to open waters. You don’t know what waits underneath. Jaws?
8. Ride a boat, go island hopping, discover the myriad of fascinating life forms under the sea via snorkelling and scuba diving. My son went snorkelling for the first time and he went crazy. I had to hold him tight because the water current was too strong. We had ice cream afterwards sold by a guy on a small wooden boat called, “banca.”
9. Run like there’s no tomorrow and stay fit. These women were part of the Dragon Boat team I saw rowing the boat every morning. Seeing them follow their passion and working as one community was such an inspiration.
10. Make sand castles, dream in broad daylight or just enjoy what nature has to offer. I would sit for hours , watching the entire seascape, just admiring its beauty. Graceful and colorful sail boats glided smoothly across the water. Just a few meters away, I heard my son calling, “Dad, it’s time to go home.” I looked at his direction and smiled. As I stood up, I felt a wave of water caressed my feet as if it’s saying, “Don’t go.” I didn’t notice that the sun was about to set. Time flies quickly when you are having “fun under the sun.”
Today’s Weekly Image Of Life is called “Fun Under The Sun.” It’s all about your unforgettable Summers and exciting adventures. It’s about the many travels you made that made you see the world in the most inspiring way. The list of possibilities are endless.Let your imagination run wild and let its fun side take control. As one country song goes, “It’s when we loose ourselves that we truly find paradise.”
Thank you for sharing your day with me. I treasure and appreciate all your inputs. My blogging journey has been a very meaningful one because of you.
Here are the bloggers I wish to celebrate and acknowledge for their generous and amazing version of the theme last week.