Celebrating Our Dreams And Freedom
Ten years ago, I had a dream. Just like anyone else those dreams were laden with hope and positive optimism. One of those dreams was to have a family. A family to share my world and all life’s adventures. Another dream was to give my family a better, brighter future. A future where they can feel safe, comfortable and free to pursue their heart’s passions. A future where then can pursue happiness with the greatest chance of achieving it.
Just like the famous words of Sir Martin Luther King, ” I Have A Dream,” all of us have our dreams for ourselves and for our family. There are the basic dreams to have the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. There are the dreams to achieve love, peace and harmony in the family and around the World. There is the much priced dream of freedom from bondage from all sorts of reasons. Freedom from poverty, oppression, tyranny, debts, unhappiness, sickness, abuse, drugs and other vices that kept us in darkness for so long. Then there’s the dream to really “breathe” unrestrained and celebrate an inner joy that comes from a heart that found life’s meaning. A heart that has reached fulfillment, calmness and the ability to be grateful everyday.
For as long as we are alive, we constantly dream. Today my dreams are:
1. To celebrate life in the most joyful, fun and exciting way.
2. To create a brighter, safer, happier future for my son and his generation. To walk and share his dreams wherever it will take him.
3. To live a life of faith. To believe that there is a heaven and a better place for everyone out there.That after the trials, hardships and tribulations a ray of light and hope awaits that will take all our pain away.
4. To wake everyday at peace and feeling happy.
5. To travel to amazing, beautiful, even magical places.
7. To live a life of love. A love generously shared with family and friends. A love that simply gives without expectations. A love that last and endures.
8. To see and celebrate each new day’s sunrise and simply enjoy life as it unfolds.
This week’s Image of Life is all about “dreams and freedom.”
Everyday, we live and celebrate our dreams and the joys of freedom. May we never forget how we got them or who sacrificed their lives so we may enjoy ours. Today, America celebrates Independence Day. A day when America remembers the forefathers who made the dreams of freedom and independence possible. It is also a day to honor the men and women who offered their lives and continues to offer them so that those dreams continues to live and flourish. People around the world have their own celebration of freedom, hope and independence. Each of these celebrations means a lot of things to a lot of people. One thing for sure, freedom is for all and we need to respect one another’s basic right to dream and be free.
Thank you once again for sharing your day with me.
I would like to celebrate the following amazing bloggers:
For those who wish to join, follow the link below, grab the widget and share your life’s journey with us.
All images taken from an iPhone 4 camera using Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.