There are moments in our lives that we find magic in an unforgettable event involving the people who touched our lives and the nature around us that took our breath away. One of such magical moments for me was finding my way to the road that led to the beautiful coastal city of Clearwater Florida.
On our fourth day at the amazing sunshine state, we decided to go to the beach. After the long walks and crazy rides at Legoland, it was time to relax, have fun swimming and rest our achy feet. The day before, we ventured to Cocoa Beach as recommend by one of the staff of the hotel that we stayed at. It was a nice beach but the waves were a bit rough as it was meant more for surfing and the water cold, being a part of the waters of the Atlantic ocean. Then we met this woman who told us about Clearwater Florida. She said the sand was fine white with the waters warm and crystal clear.
After two hours of drive from Orlando, we finally reach Clearwater. As we entered the town, we could see endless shades of blue and green waters with a long strip of bright white sand glistening in Summer’s day noon time Sun. We all got excited. We first stopped at the Clearwater State Park for several hours of swimming and resting under our blue umbrella then went to Pier 60 to watch the sunset.
Pier 60 was bursting with beach life and fun. Two hours before and after the sunset, Arts and craft exhibit were being shown and sold at the entire stretch of the pier with activities ranging from street dance, bungee jumping and slides to name a few all happening at the same time. My son ventured into the bungee jumping for the first time. He had so much fun that he did it twice. He felt like a superhero for 15 minutes.
So, what about the purple sunset? Well, the sunset was the same sunset that you and I see everyday but that day, at least for me everything around me seemed to appear magical. From the beautiful beach, the warm and romantic sunset, the happiness on my child’s face as he zoomed up into the air, the sweet smile of my wife, the joy of the moment, all these created a magical moment. Thus, in a way I did see a purple sunset and I even felt in my heart. A purple sunset I will always remember.
Thanks for sharing your day with me. Have you ever seen and felt a purple sunset before? I bet you had a few or more. Let your memory take you to those magical moments of purple sunsets and more.
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Purple (picturesandplanetickets.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week) Purple – Ube! (onthegypsystrail.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple! (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple (windagainstcurrent.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple (Photos) (mentalhealthed.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple (nokeinthecloud.wordpress.com)
- Best Beaches In Pinellas Country For Families (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple (evilnymphstuff.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple (mikes-take.com)
- SUNSET: ‘thought’ (jessrelgilbuenasteps.wordpress.com)
- Summer Sunsets (tickalongnice.wordpress.com)
- Sunrise … Sunset (tchistorygal.wordpress.com)
- Sunset 29 June 2012 (nicileighyukari.wordpress.com)
- Day 7: Sunset #BlogFlash2012 (word2live.wordpress.com)
- Sunset at Marine Drive, Mumbai (travelumix.wordpress.com)
- Did You Know That the Burj Khalifa Is So Tall That you Can Watch Two Sunsets On the Same Day? (gizmodo.com)