What renews my tired spirit? Moments like these…
Last Saturday was our final soccer game for the 2012 Fall season. My son and I practiced for about 10 minutes before the game started. He was on fire and just ready to give his all. The other team was just as good and making our first score was a challenge. Both sides have great defensive and offensive tactics. My wife told me, “What’s wrong with you? You kept shouting unfinished words.” I told her, “Hey, it’s a nerve wrecking game.” Obviously, I still have left over caffeine in my system from last night’s work.
Every parent that day cheered for their kid like they were champions and I believe they all are. They played with all their hearts with a passion of a winner. Seeing my son all excited, happy, having a great time and just pursuing his dream with all he’s got inspired me that day. The entire moment gave me a chance to renew my tired spirit. He gave me a reason to cheer, smile and laugh. He made me forget the woes and stress of life. I have a feeling, based from the enthusiastic, positive cheers of the other parents that I wasn’t alone.
After the game, we were all hungry. Thanks to a quick detour to our local HEB, we renewed our energy and strength with a delicious “brunch” of Roasted Italian Herb Chicken, Lemon Tart and Eggnog drink.
I went to bed with a grateful heart knowing I had another beautiful memory with my family. And yes, a full, happy belly as well. Mmm…life is good!
Thank you for sharing your day with me. May this post inspired you to find the many ways of renewing you spirit today.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal (winningshots.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal (thepetalpusher.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal (adventuresweseek.com)
- Endless Cycles of Renewal (theretiringsort.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal (autumninbruges.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal (nofixedplans5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Renewal (abdulmanafphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal 2 (cardinalguzman.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal – Renouvellement (frenchtwistedwoman.com)