Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 In Pictures

Celebrating The Best Of 2012

A lot of 2012 came like a blur but luckily I was able to catch many fun and happy events that says, “It’s been a good year.”

One of those exciting events was our trip to Florida. It was my son’s Birthday wish. There’s so many ways to describe the joy of the moment but if I to choose one, it feels like going down an exciting water tube ride. Exhilaratingly refreshing!

island traveler

DSCF0660

I stopped counting the number of times my son went up and down the water tube ride. He kept saying, “Best one ever!” I did it twice and on both occasions water went into my nose and splashed  all over my face. I felt like a big wave hit me as I landed down the bottom of the slide. I caught my wife laughing as she took my picture. She said, “You looked hilarious!” Laughing with her I replied, “I bet I was.”

island traveler

My wife laughed so hard when she saw me slide down looking like this. The only thing visible were my two feet.

island traveler

Seeing my family happy, makes me happy. In this picture, my wife and I were resting under the water slide surrounded by water as we watched our son celebrate an amazing, fun-filled day.

Life may not always be great but we have 365 days of chances to make it awesome. These awesome days more than makes up for everything else that wasn’t. So, let’s take a moment to reflect on the many blessings of 2012 and celebrate them with a grateful heart before it finally bids farewell.

Wishing everyone an exciting, blissful New Year full of wonderful possibilities.

Thank you for keeping me company to a year of memorable adventures. Looking forward to an even more amazing 2013. See you all next year!

For more entries of this year’s photo challenge check out Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 In Pictures. Have fun!

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in Events, family, Life, photography, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

108 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 In Pictures

1. ideflex says:

Have a wonderful 2013!

2. Here’s to ho hoping that we all can look forward to a more peaceful New Year,

3. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Wonderful photos, it looks like a day full of fun for everyone. 🙂
    Happy New Year.

4. muZer says:

It all boils down to moments like these.. Precious and filled with happiness– to be cherished forever. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and blessed 2013!

• Thanks my friend. Yes, it boils down to moments like these. Life brings us down sometimes but these happy moments renews our heart to stand up and ready to face anything. Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year.

5. Wishing you all the best for this new year! Happy new year 2013 to you and your family.

6. Miss P says:

These photos are awesome

7. You are twice blessed. Once because you are and twice because you know it. And your family is blessed to have someone to model such love and joy and optimism. Best wishes to you all for the New Year!

8. Making memories together and capturing the moments in photos are priceless treasures you and your family can enjoy long after the year has passed. Thank you for sharing your treasures with us. May the new year bring you many more such treasures and be blessed with the wonders of God’s love.

9. cobbies69 says:

Thank you for 2012 and may 2013 bring all your wishes to you. have a great new year..;)

10. Sabina Brave says:

May the new year will bring you lots of blessings.

11. Thank you for the ping-back

Your photos of warm summer days are a good reminder that all this cold weather will pass to make way for Spring. But, for now, we just need to bundle up.

Have a good celebration with your family!

• Thanks. Bundling up is a great way to warm up and feel cozy. Helps us save electric/gas as well. I am enjoying the cold weather but I sure miss the adventures of Spring and Summer. Happy New Year!

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – My 2012 in Pictures | Observations

14. Still Times says:

Thank you for really sharing your family and views with the blogging world. I’ve enjoyed your pictures and the stories you include. May the year ahead be a year filled with joy, happiness, & prosperity.

Maria

• Thanks Maria. Life has full oof surprises. Some make us laugh while others make us cry. Whatever they are, they make us feel alive. Wishing you and your family a great New Year full of wonderful blessings.

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 In Pictures | mothergrogan

16. Indira says:

Wish you a very Happy and Amazing with lots of fun NEW YEAR. Wonderful photos as usual.

17. Happy New Year, and peace and harmony to your family and you.

Thank you for teaching us that the ultimate happyness is from a simple unpretentious and non-ostentatious life. Happy 2013 to you and your family, IT!

• A simple life is a happy , uncomplicated life. i wish I thought of that sooner. It’s never too late to change though. A toast to a happier, peaceful New Year to all of us. Thanks.

19. thirdeyemom says:

Happy New Year and wishing you the best in 2013!!!

20. Colline says:

Wishing you and your family all the best for the new year.

21. dogear6 says:

This is a great way to remember 2012! I’m glad you took time to post it.

Nancy

• Thanks. I’m glad I finally downloaded the pictures from my water camera late part of December. I discovered a lot of fun pictures I already forgotten. Have a great 2013!

22. What a playful series of photos as if I am sliding down too. I don’t mind at all shouting “weeeee…” into this New Year with you and your readers.

23. laurin42 says:

Happy New Year! Sincerily!
    Love
    L

24. Jo Bryant says:

I love the perspective you have on life. I hope 2013 is all you wish for…for you and your family. Happy New Year

25. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures! Looking back to see…. « jeanne's blog…a nola girl at heart

26. Divine Lunacy says:

Beautiful and bright – for the love of life!

WONDERFUL PHOTOS!

28. MythRider says:

I’ve said this before, but Ill say it again. I love your attitude towards life. “365 days to get it right.” Best quote of 2012 & 13.

Thanks, dear IT, for all your beautiful posts of 2012. Looking forward to 2013! Best wishes and lots of love, Uta.

30. lifeofaministermom says:

You have so many amazing shots, how did you ever decide what to share for this post? 😉 Looks like a wonderful time and happy memories your son won’t forget!! Happy New Year to you my friend and God bless you all!!!

• Thanks Patricia. At first, I was scratching my head thinking, “Pictures for 2012? Hmm, that seems a lot.” It’s confusing to go over the hundreds of pictures in my computer. Then I downloaded my Summer water camera pictures and saw this. I thought, “this was one of my happiest memories for 2012.” So, I decided to relive it forever. God bless you and your family always.

31. Angelia Sims says:

Hope your 2013 is just as exhilarating. Thank you for gifting us with your words and photos. 🙂

32. pierrmorgan says:

Happy New Year!! Thanks for spreading your Joy.

33. buckylb says:

So glad you came to my site because it led me to yours! I look forward to learning from you this year! Here’s to the start of a bright new year! Happy 2013.

• I always try to visit several blogs when I can because I think there are so many blogs and talent out there that brings inspiration and exciting surprises. It also helps me realize that we are all interrelated in some ways. Thanks. Have a great 2013!

34. mariannegv says:

Cool! I wish you and your family a Happy New Year full of joy and great adventures.
    Kind greetings,
    Marianne

Dude what an awesome year you had! And as always I Iove your pictures … my favorites … your son ready to embark on his slide adventure and the last picture of you and your wife relaxing. Awesome You are so awesome that I have nominated you for the 2012 Blogger of the Year award. You know … because you are so awesome. Happy New Year my friend.

• Thank you. Truly an honor my friend. Awards and blogger friendships motivated me a lot in 2012 and inspired me to pursue 2013 with more passion.
      Thank you for sharing your world. Your stories of life, love, adventures and family always bring sunshine and inspiration. It feels good to read about another parent’s perspective of what it means to be a parent, a spouse, a friend, an individual, of simply being human. Thank you for being a great part of my blogging journey for 2012. For being a generous blogger friend. Wishing you a 2013 full of blessings and everything amazing. Best wishes to your family.

36. Love the action water shots! It looks like 2012 was a very fun year for you. I haven’t done the challenge yet; either too lazy to hunt down the photos or not jus in the right mind frame. 😦
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

• Thanks Darla. For a moment, I wasn’t sure what picture to post. It’s been a busy holidays plus work. It was our Summer photos that I kept in my water camera. Wishing you and your family a fun, happy 2013.

37. cassbee says:

Happy new year! Looking forward to your posts in 2013. Blessings to you and yours

Wonderful pictures as always IT! 🙂 Blessings for an awesome year!
    I’m glad to reconnect with you this year and many thanks for the blog support.
    •.★♥★Happy New Year to You & Yours!★♥★.•
    Eliz

39. Aian Ramos says:

You’re right, awesome days make up for the not so awesome ones 😉 Cheers to a positive new year!

• Thanks Aian. Indeed it does. There is balance in this world. It’s only a matter of time when it happens. How we perceive life matters a lot. If we think positive despite of our trials and celebrate what is good then we will be more than alright. Have a blessed year!

40. dadirri7 says:

wonderful photos of good times, so many memories … all the best for 2013, blessings and fun for you!

41. dearrosie says:

You’re such a good Dad because you not only encouraged your son to go on the waterslide but you tried it too. I don’t think I could do it.
    Happy New Year IT.

• I was really excited at first, then after 2 tries of not so graceful exit at the slide’s end, I decided to just watch him have all the fun. It was fun though. I’ll probably do it again this Summer. Happy New Year. Thank you for being a great blogger friend.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

always great to see your happy family, to read how you share love and watching as your son grows up to be the image you give him to model after…i applause your efforts! thank you, island t.!

• Thank you Sunshine. I try my best. I have so much imperfections but I learn along the way. Being a husband, a father, a worker bee is not easy but seeing how happy my family is during our special moments makes every effort worth it. God bless you my friend. Happy New Year!

• Sunshine says:

as i say again…your reward will be out-of-this-world!

you set a fine example of the sacrificial love one must make in order to build a legacy of love.

thank you. ❤

43. sonsothunder says:

Great photos…great memories for you all…
    Hope 2013 is even more spirit filled for you
    and your family.
    ~Happy New Year~

44. gourmandchic says:

Happy New Year! It is great that you and your wife can have so much fun together as a family. It is something to be treasured!!!

45. gourmandchic says:

Absolutely beautiful and thought provoking post. I truly wish you nd your family the best for 2013!!!

46. angrygaijin says:

Happy New Year! You’re just a big splash of water going down that slide, eh? Lol~
    That’s cool that your son wanted to go to Florida. What attracted him to it?

• He wished for Legoland. He is a Lego fan and for his 7th Birthday, he told me and his mom, “Mom, dad, can I have my birthday at Legoland? Please, please, please…” He loves the water , the rides and the tubes too and it was a perfect place to have a little by dreams come true. We were all happy and excited. Thanks.

47. john tugano says:

you’ve gone through to all the best bro and I can’t wish for anything else but more happiness to you and your family..Be well always.Happy new year..

• Happy New Year Bro. Just want to paste here the last words you wrote on your recent post about home, “Where in the world you can find such a laid-back place wherein you can enjoy things without pressure? It’s for sure in your own dwelling, a place where your heart is. For me I found that in my hometown which I consider my haven, my paradise and my source of peace.” I can be anywhere in the world but I will always look back to the place where I first called “home.” Thanks.

48. Thank you for sharing your waterslide pictures. It looks like you had lots of fun!! An extra big THANK YOU for sharing your life’s journey on this wonderful blog!!! I really enjoyed it!! Looking forward to a fantastic new year!!! ~Sophia

• Thank you Sophia. It’s a joy and an honor to share your world as well for 2012. May 2013 be extra amazing for all of us. Wishing you and your family a New Year full of wonderful blessings.

Wonderful photos, and I particularly love the one of your feet on the waterslide. 😀 Happy New Year to you and your dear family.

• That was a unguarded moment. I’m suppose to go down the slide all smiling and ready for a picture perfect moment but the slide had something else in mind. Oops! Oh, well, my wife had a great laugh and that’s what matters the most. Happy New Year to you and your family. Thanks for a generous blogger frienship in 2012. Cheers to an even better 2013!

50. These looks exciting, where is this? I love your line “Life may not always be great but we have 365 days of chances to make it awesome. ” So true and full of hope 🙂 Happy New Year!

51. kz says:

These awesome days more than makes up for everything else that wasn’t. — you are so right! ^^ glad to see you had a wonderful 2012! i bet 2013 would be just as fabulous, if not better

52. Thanks Kz. 2012 was a year of blessings for me. It was the year of “Family.” First, we spent a tropical Summer in the Philippines last March. Second, another Summer in Florida last April. And third, a Thanksgiving in Connecticut. What more can I ask for?