The past two days had been hectic for me. Can’t remember the last time I went home at 04:00 in the morning for a Saturday night out with college friends but today I did. Can’t believe I survived although my ears are still ringing from the loud techno club music. Yes, you heard it right, techno trance blaring music! It’s different when you are at the gym to motivate you to “Up” your heartbeat and rhythm. In an enclosed place filled with smoke, Star Wars-like laser beams and people who are constantly jumping, dancing and shouting, it becomes a totally wild, crazy, out of this world experience. At least for me and the rest of my 40-year-old buddies. 20 years ago, our group could have lasted till morning without a sweat. Now, it felt like we really have to sweat if we wish to even come close to the things we used to do back then.
Up, Up And Away
So here I am this morning, just waking up, psyching myself with blogging, a cup of strong brewed coffee, a potassium high banana to start another busy day with my classmates. We are having a weekend reunion. Celebrating more than twenty years of wonderful friendship. It felt really good being around people you shared so much fun times, laughter and lots of nostalgic, comforting past. People you see yourself celebrating 20 years more of craziness again and again, without a doubt. Today, I offer a toast to all who wish to keep their youth “forever young” in their hearts as well as a toast to all friendship that will keep our spirits soaring high. Who’s with me?
Thank you for the generous blogging friendship and for making me remember my happy childhood memories. Memories where I jumped so many times, believing that I could fly. In many ways I did.
Lately, what made your spirits soar with happiness? Whatever they are, I hope they will always remind you that you can do anything, be anything.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (scottseyephotos.wordpress.com)
- Wekly Photo Challenge: Up in the ceiling (lenadealmeida.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (oyiabrown.com)
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: UP ( high above he dwells) (soumyav.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (pilotfishblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (sasieology.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (lilymugford.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (turtlestravel.com)