Summer In The Background
Summer is here. That time of the year when promises of fun, adventure and discovery excites the heart of all ages. From trip to the beach to the much awaited dream vacations, Summer is a season of many escape and getaways. A time to chill, slow down and just enjoy what life brings.
Summer By The Beach
I started mine last weekend with a trip to our favorite beach at Galveston State Park. The warm, golden sunshine was in perfect harmony with the soothing waters of the Gulf. Seagulls were hovering eagerly above us and the sea breeze just had me in an awesome trance. Like in a day-dream, only better.
My son excitedly held his bodyboard as he waited for the right wave. He fell several times laughing to his heart’s content. He kept moving towards the bigger waves. Before I knew it, I was wet from waist down. Good thing I had an extra shorts in the car although my leather belt wasn’t as lucky. I didn’t really care, I was having a great time.
A girl just older than my son was trying to teach him how to spot the perfect wave and balance on his bodyboard. Soon enough, he got his groove and happily surfed again and again till close to sunset.
Several kids were circling around a yellow bucket. A very friendly boy approached my son and said, “Do you want to see some shrimps? We got them from the seaweeds.” My son smiled and said, “Sure, Dude!” Hearing their conversation, my wife laughed and told me, “Did you here that? They address themselves as dudes.”
The boy showed my son how to shake the sea weeds to get the shrimps and baby crabs. It was a fun way to discover sea life and their habitat.
After observing the shrimps and baby crabs, one of the little boy said, “They will be happy if we return them to their home.” And so they did.
Before leaving Galveston, we passed by Jimmy’s On The Pier and ordered our favorite Blackened Grilled Red Fish stuffed with crab.
Summer And Memories
Summer is about making the happiest of memories. To travel and explore places we always dreamed of going or to revisit the ones that we had an amazing, unforgettable experience. It is about bonding with our family and creating with them the best Summer we can ever have.
Today’s Weekly Image of Life is called “Summer.”
Summer is more that just a background of a picture perfect scenery. It is part of our journey that brings a lifetime of happy memories.
Thank you for sharing your day with me. Hope you have tons of great Summers ahead.
How’s your Summer? What is your Summer bucket list this year?
Discover the world of these blogger friends.
Thirdeyemom of http://thirdeyemom.com/2013/05/12/mothers-around-the-world/
Sunshine of http://seraphim6.me/2013/05/12/hi-mom/
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (theorientnomad.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (gogreygirl.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: in the background (lilymugford.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (steviepreater.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (scottseyephotos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : In the Background (momentsinyourlife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In The Background (wrygrass.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (tchistorygal.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background III (mydogablog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (schelleycassidy.wordpress.com)
- Free Summer Bucket List (beepink3.wordpress.com)
- Summer Reading (majorknitter.typepad.com)
- THE BEST SUMMER EVER (maybe) (lilyfrilly.wordpress.com)
- The Florida Beaches Royalty Tour – May 2013 (theshellking.com)
- While Galveston Slept… (boluphotosblog.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Getaway (treemama.wordpress.com)
- Summer Getaway (runong.wordpress.com)
- A Guide to the Best California Beach Getaways (california.answers.com)
- Traded Jaded Summer (iushewe.wordpress.com)
- Discover Five of the Best Romantic Getaways (epicatravel.com)