To be carefree is a blessing. It allows us to let go. To move on. It help us forget life’s worries and burdens. It teaches us to rediscover that once happy child in all of us. To remember the many things, reasons and passions that make us so excited to wake up everyday. To dream, to hope, to smile and just feel good about ourselves.
Grown-ups are so caught up with so many worldly concerns, pressures, troubles and responsibilities that they forget to what it feels to be totally free and be themselves. To laugh and not worry that someone may find it annoyingly loud. To share a story and not care about what the pessimist of this world will say. To follow their dreams and not be afraid whether they fail or find success. To open their hearts and feel love’s sweetness as well as face its heartaches. I am one of these grown-ups. Whoever feels the same, raise you hands as well. Better yet, let’s shout at the top of our lungs, “I’m carefree and it feels amazing!” Ready? 1, 2 , 3…go!
God is great. He gave me someone to remind me every day of what it means to be carefree. Of what it feels to be genuinely happy. Of why he loves those who are child-like at heart. He gave me and my wife a beautiful angel on Earth, our 7-year old son. He taught me so many things no grown-up ever taught me. He taught me to be myself and forget what others think. To jump, play, have fun, to celebrate each day like it’s the happiest of Summers. A Summer that knows no season. A Summer that last forever because it is permanently engraved in my heart. Our hearts.
The next time we feel lost, empty, yearning for something more and better in this lifetime, to feel a joy in the simplest of things, all we have to do is look at life and situations through a child’s eye and perspective. It won’t take long before we start running around bursting with laughter, carefree and just overcome with happiness we can’t wait to share.
Thank you for sharing my many dreams and memories. Hope you’ll always be there with each new adventure. Okay, time to run and be carefree. Yipee!
- Can ‘goodbye’ be carefree? (elspethc.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (mylittleriojournal.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (smallhousebiggarden.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (pabloconradphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Carefree (dralimanonlife.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Carefree (ulillala.wordpress.com)
- Page 232 of 365 Weekly Photo Challenge Carefree (thisdayin.wordpress.com)
- Carefree (passiontocreate.ca)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (klling.wordpress.com)
- Staying in Focus: Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree Grandchildren (patcoyle53.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge~ Carefree (whiskeytangofoxtrot4.wordpress.com)
- 8-17-13 Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree – Fakeer in Lahore (ibnbattutatrail.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Catch Me If You Can! Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (janeluriephotography.wordpress.com)