Autumn is here and with it comes the harvest of fun surprises of the season.
The Search For The Best Pumpkin Patch
Pumpkin Trail And Treasures At Sweet Berry Farm
“Dad, dad, are we there yet?” asked my 7-year old on our way to the Pumpkin Patch. Ten minutes later, he asked again, “Dad, dad are we there yet?” This kept on and on for an hour. Not that I’m complaining. I too was excited as to what treasures awaits at the pumpkin trail. As I stared at the Hill Country landscape, I too caught myself asking, “Are we there yet?”
My son and his cousin ran excitedly towards a seemingly endless rows of pumpkins.
My son thought he had super powers when he tried to pick up a huge pumpkin. He laughed and rolled his eyes when he realized he needed more super powers to lift it. He does have a super heart that believes with all faith in what he could become.
“All aboard,” called the captain as the boat sailed on a sea of pumpkins. The boat kept going up and down, up and down as it followed the round curves of the orange-colored pumpkins.
We found land or shall I say a stack of hay. My pumpkin sailor wanted to see how high he could jump and realized he could actually leap. Must be the effect from the super vitamins loaded pumpkin pie.
If one makes it out of the Candy Corn Maze, you pull a bell and get loads of cheer. If one gets lost, you call 911. Just Kidding. Mr. Maze Man will come to the rescue, that is if he’s not sleeping and dreaming of Candy Corn jumping over the moon.
After biting some of those giant Candy Corn, one gets into the hyperactive mode. The Berry Bounce is a great way to burn all that extra energy.
Flowers of every Autumn colors imaginable were screaming, “Pick me, pick me!” Yes, they can talk or was it all in my head? Anyway, October is also the month of Halloween. Anything strange, supernatural and scary is the “in thing.”
Uniquely awesome was Build Your Own Scarecrow. You can customize your scarecrow to look like your personalized avatar. Cool, right? I really wanted to make one but it was bigger than me and my wife combined. It needed its own sitting space in the car…and a seat belt.
We got an extra treat. We had our first thrilling Hayride to Scarecrow Island. Whether due to the bumpy ride or from the hallucination inducing tractor fumes, the scarecrows appeared to be moving and making spooky faces.
On the way out, a cat waved his paw and said, “Check out my meowrrific corn display.”
More than our great Pumpkin Patch adventure, the best part of our trip was creating new friendship. We stayed for the weekend with the nicest, generous and most hospitable people I ever met in Austin. They made us feel so welcomed in their beautiful home, toured us around their picturistique neighborhood including Lake Travis, shared with us inspiring stories and laughter over delicious ribs and brisket from Rudy’s.
Did I find my treasures at the Pumpkin Patch trail? Absolutely! Treasures that are now kept hidden in my treasure chest of happy memories.
Today, it’s your turn to take a walk at the Pumpkin Patch trail and harvest for yourself some pumpkins and priceless treasures that will last season after season.
Thank you for joining me in my search for the best Pumpkin Patch in Texas. The journey is never complete without sharing our stories among friends and family.
Wishing everyone a pumpkirrific October full of magical surprises.
What treasures do you hope to have this season?
- Eagle Ranch Pumpkin Patch (rmhtblog.wordpress.com)
- Boise firefighters grow pumpkins for good cause (ktvb.com)
- Fall on the Farm! (runningmomentum.wordpress.com)
- The Patch (thesocialconductor.wordpress.com)
- Washi Tape Pumpkins (acoupleofcraftaddicts.com)
- Pumpkin Crop Looking Good (wifr.com)
- Pumpkin Patch (newmediajessie.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin in a Patch (awakenedwords.wordpress.com)
- It’s pumpkin season! (simplytravina.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Patch Fun (towtsahm.wordpress.com)
- 6 Great Bay Area Pumpkin Patches (redtri.com)
- Fall (bmiller8252.wordpress.com)
- 9 Local Pumpkin Patches That Rock (redtri.com)
- Fall is Here! (alexislroberts.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Grove’s Pumpkin Patch Festival this weekend (local10.com)
- Save Money on Pumpkins for the Holidays (whnt.com)
- The Hemmingsons’ you-harvest pumpkin patch in Piedmont is a popular stop for fall fun (rapidcityjournal.com)
- Best Austin Pumpkin Patches
- Texas Pumpkin Patches
- Best Pumpkin Patches In Austin