Best Dad In The World

“I can travel the world for its most famous attractions but without you they are mere places that in time I will forget.”

20140127-234740.jpg

” Dear Lolo, my wish for your Birthday is that you will have the best in life. Thank you for being there for me when I’m sad or down. “
– A 10-year old Birthday letter by my nephew to his grandpa

20140127-235929.jpg

” To the best dad in the world, everything I am today is because of you. You taught me the value of life and being the best person I can be. Everyday I am away from you, it’s every minute you’re in my mind. I’m so blessed to have you in my life. Love you and missing you, Happy Father’s Day.”

Just A Dad With A Dream. Check out our new family adventures at beachandtrips instagram .
This entry was posted in family, Life, parenting, photography, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Best Dad In The World

1. Imelda says:

Lovely post, IT.

2. hi Mr. B … you always manage to tug at our hearts with your heart … thank you for sharing your beautiful moments with us …blessings to you and your family.

3. A beautiful take on this week’s Photo Challenge. Love both the text and the pictures. Love and family go beyond time, indeed.

4. Lovely photos of your family and their sweet messages. They remind me that I often wished that my parents and I didn’t live on the opposite ends of the continent. I decided not to repeat that by moving to the same state where our daughters settled in. I’m so glad we did.

• Thanks for a generous share. We learn from our decisions and life changes. Soon I hope to live close to my sister too so even if I’m already in America, my son will grow in an environment where there’s family. Best wishes to you and your family.

5. Indira says:

Lovely post. Wonderful take on the prompt. I would like to spend time with my parents again and again. Thanks for this post.

• Same here. It’s only when we are apart from our parents do we fully realize and appreciate how much they mean to us and how much we miss them. No enough time ever to fill in the void.

6. Lovely post, IT. Your mom and sister are both so beautiful. I would absolutely love to have some time to sit with my dad once more. 🙂

7. janna hill says:

As it should be. 🙂 Thanks for giving us a peek into your world.

8. bulldog says:

Brilliant post my friend … brilliant post…

9. penpusherpen says:

sweet memories, we visit time and again, how it was, how they were, all is recalled and enjoyed in our sweet memories. Lovely post my friend. xPenx

10. Still Times says:

Thank you for sharing your words and photo’s, family, the most precious gift of all. If I could back in time I think I would like another chance to sit next to my grandfather. He was a great man who passed on the gift of compassion,

• In thoughts and prayers, we get to sit once more with our love ones who are now in heaven. I would love to sit and hug my departed grand parents too. So much I want to tell them. Thanks and a blessed day to you.

11. Mélanie says:

Tour Eiffel… Paris, again! 🙂 wonderful post as usually, IT… French greetings, Mélanie

• I never got the chance to share in detail my family’s trip to Paris & London. It was last Summer and since then so much stuff had happen and life’s pace flew too fast. Perhaps one day, I make a post as a tribute to the amazing people I met there. Thanks.

12. Kelly Kuhn says:

Wonderful post – thanks for sharing your heart!

13. aliewsMuses says:

Very sweet. I wish I could have had more time with my grandad before he passed to have at least one good memory of us together.

• I share your wish as well. Looking back, I wish my spent more time knowing my grandparents. I was just a kid then too busy playing, exploring and all. But in a way we are still blessed to be a part of their lives even if it wasn’t as long as we want too. Thanks.

14. Great pictures to illustrate your take on this photo theme. I enjoy the many times I spent with my extended family as I grew up, especially my cousins when we went all young and carefree. And I miss my best friend, who lives 3000 miles away. We haven’t lived close to each other for more than 20 years and I still hope that one day, we’ll live only a few hours away.

15. Love your family!

That is SOME stack of pancakes! 🙂 But the best photo? Your Mom and sister. The caption tugs at the heart strings, Mr. B. Even though you know you made the right choice for you, there are always regrets. As always, I can feel the love. Have a happy week!

• Thanks Jo. Those “what if’s” can trigger a lot of emotions. But in reality, what we have now with our family from the choices we make are the best thing that ever happened to us. We could always go back and try the ones we missed if fate and time permits. Take care.