“A man’s true treasure is not measured by how much riches he has but how much love he has in his life.”
Eight years flew by. So many changes and events had happen. In all, unconditional love from family withstood the test and trials of time. They are my true treasures that gives me a sense of purpose and meaning.
Creating Treasured Moments Together
Everyday, we have opportunities to create treasured memories with our family. This week, me and my wife helped our 8-year old with his school presentation.
Learning from his past mistake, my second grader rehearsed repeatedly his new project called “From Trash To Treasure.” It’s about recycling things we may otherwise throw away and turn them into usable gems. They searched the internet for examples and found a picture frame made from old cereal boxes and puzzles. Unable to find puzzles in his room, my son found something even better, his old Lego bricks. I thought it was a brilliant idea.
Yesterday, I asked him excitedly, “So, how was your school project?” He smiled at me and replied, “Good.” I asked him further, “Did you answer all the questions your teacher asked you? He answered, “She didn’t ask any questions.” I said to myself, “I guess his teacher liked his work.”
Letter To My Son
“Son, it wasn’t long ago when I held you in my arms, placed you on my chest and rocked you gently till you fell asleep. You were so small, fragile with tiny feet, hands and all. I remembered your first cry, first smile, first steps, first day in Kindergarten and many more. I wish there was a way to slow it all but I can’t. All I can do is make the most of every beautiful, unforgettable moment, treasure each memory and forever relive them in my heart. Thank you for bringing into my life all the happiness and love I could ever want in this lifetime. Thank you for each amazing Birthday, wonderful wishes and exciting dreams you shared with me and your mom year after year.”
Love you always, Dad
Find Treasures That Matters The Most
There are so many treasures around us but only a few will truly make a difference in our lives. We need to find the ones that matters the most. What are your treasures?
Whatever your treasures are, don’t let this day pass by without letting them know how much they mean to you. If you can’t say it on words, loving, thoughtful gestures will do. When we know someone so well, the heart speaks without even saying a single word.
- Treasures: A Nature Basket | Chronicles of a Suburban Nature Mom
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure | BLASTED GOAT
- Why Asians Don’t Say “I Love You” To Their Parents | Mabel Kwong
- WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure
- Next to my Gen-u-ine Louisville Slugger | Babsje Heron
- MY FAVORITE TREASURE | DANDELION’S DEN
- I Dillied and I Dali-ed in St Pete | Travel with Intent
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure | pitaloka89
- Bridges: Our Figurative and Literal Treasures | Institute for Hispanic Health Equity
- [WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGES] Treasure. | Fathia’s little cave
- The world is so full of a number of things… | An Upturned Soul
- Looking for the Little Details | I see beauty all around by rob paine
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure | Creative Mind
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure of Gold | Isadora Art and Photography
- “The Journey is the Treasure” | Wahine Wednesdays
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure | More than Reading Blog
- Smile and Happiness | Let me see
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure | davidriswanto
- Egret’ably Yours | Greg Urbano
- Rather Than Curse the Darkness, Light a Tiki Torch! | Writing Between the Lines
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Treasure – Wilderness Escapades