Let’s take a break for a moment and discover a city with streets like no other. If the day turns perfectly right, we might even catch ourselves singing, “We left our hearts in the streets of San Francisco.”
So, come on board. The sightseeing tour is on me. It’s my treat to my blogger family as I turn another year older and hopefully wiser. Yep, Birthday dude will be your personal tour guide. FYI, direction and navigational skills are my weakest points but I promise it’ll be worth getting lost and all.
While waiting for the rest of our buddies, there’s several things we could do. This is San Francisco and “things to do” almost always never runs out. We can go window shopping at Macy’s or check out the Art galleries nearby.
Just want to relax? We can just chill, talk and catch up with good old friends, enjoy California sunshine and its great outdoors. Check out these Cherry Blossoms.
First destination, the Palace of Fine Arts Rotunda.
While admiring the architectural masterpiece, kids and kid at heart can play with the swans and ducks at the edge of the lagoon. Just be careful. It’s so easy to tip over and fall. It’s prohibited to swim with the ducks!
Next street leads to many adventures and possibilities, the Coastal Trail. One day here is not enough.
My son yelled, “Look, shark!” as he pointed to the dorsal fin protruding above the water. It then jumped a few times followed by several more like it. I told him excitedly, “They’re dolphins. A pod of dolphins.”
I think it’s time for some edgy fun. How about going down the most crookedest street?
Lombard Street is narrow with sharp turns. Everyone ready for a joyride of a lifetime? Raise both arms and shout, “Yipee!” as we go zigzag downhill. Too short? No worries, we’ll go around and do it all over again. For those who wish to walk, just as fun.
If you love roller coasters, you’ll love dangling outside this moving historic landmark, the San Francisco Cable Car. Hop in and get a good strong grip of the rails as we dip steeply downhill.
Incoming cable car. It’s tempting to high-five with the passengers of the opposite cable car but believe me, when two cable cars pass each other in full speed and you feel everything shake beneath your feet, it’s a “limb saver” to follow the driver’s warning, “Everyone, tuck it all in! I repeat, tuck it all in!”
Next stop, Fisherman’s Wharf.
A walk along Hyde Street Pier.
There is a street that leads to a small beach at Aquatic Park reminding us that Summer will always be Summer regardless of changes in time, events and seasons. If you’re not into crowded places, this is a serene spot to enjoy nature.
Giant antique propellers, anchor and old ships beckoning to be rediscovered. Fragments of a rich, priceless history. A constantly evolving history that we all are now a part of.
Time to grab those cameras and pose behind this iconic sign. Just be aware, there are bird’s poop everywhere. More likely, we’ll step on a few or more. Part of the fun!
Seafood, tons of seafood everywhere. Which place to dine? It’s too confusing. So many choices and it’s hard to think clearly when we are hungry. Hmm…we need some “yelp!”
Broiled Dungeness Crabs for all please!
While waiting for the crabs, we’ll have the must-try creamy Clam Chowder. So good, we’ll scrape the bottom of the bowl and eat it too. Eat the bowl? Yes, we can it because it’s made of sourdough bread.
I always wanted to ride in one of these. Who’s with me?
Ready for some street entertainment? Check out this man dancing on top of a ladder. Impressive how he can laugh so hard and not fall into the ground. Talented indeed!
How about being spooked by Mr. Green Statue. Just when we thought he’s not moving, his hand is on top of our heads. Hilarious and creepy!
If the Eiffel Tower in Paris inspires people to fall in love, San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge inspires people to believe and follow their dreams.
It seems surreal but we are standing and walking on the Golden Gate Bridge. Unbelievably amazing!
The view, just breathtaking. If we’re scared of heights, looking down will take away our breath as well. Butterflies in my tummy? You betcha!
Before we call it a day, let me take you uphill at one of the main scenic spots in the Marin County. There we can watch the Sun shining passionately by the bay.
I hope for us to remember San Francisco, its stories and many sunsets like this…
…and to always celebrate the best days of our lives feeling like this, soaring like this.
Thanks for joining me on the many streets of San Francisco. With my family and friends at one of the world’s most exciting, vibrant cities, I couldn’t have wished for a happier place to celebrate my Birthday.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | My Food Odyssey
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Julia’s Place
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life ~ Reflections of… | David Williams Photography
- Street Life | An American in Norway, a Citizen of the World
- Les Rues De Paris | The Urge To Wander
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | greetings from england
- Weekly photo challenge: Street Life | All Protocols Observed
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Street Life | Berbagi Kisahku
- Street Life: Golden, Colorado | Wandrin’ Round
- WPC: The Streets of Old City Dubrovnik, Croatia | A View From My Summerhouse
- Old houses on the street | Summerfield84’s English blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | fojap en français
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life ::E.N.Howie’s Motivational Moments
- DAILY POST PHOTO CHALLENGE: Street Life – fathersunny
- Street life: sounds of the street | Kaleidoscope
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | A Hedonistic Wander
- Streetlife for a mere observer? | Words ‘n Pics…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Blessings through raindrops…
- A little post for a little sunset | The Harlequin Tea Set
- Street Life | God Through My Eyes
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life II | Cathedral of Desolation
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Street Life | A Face from the Crowd
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | mommyneurotic
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Taye Ganga
- Indonesian » Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | AgroMaulz 12
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life — and Some Excitement | Locating Frankenstein’s Brain
- 4-1-14 Weekly Photo Challenge- Street Life – Manhasset NY | The Quotidian Hudson
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Street Life | The Good Enough Housewife
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Saigon Lens
- Playground Life | Thinking Through My Lens
- A Slice of Scottish Streetlife | The Beauty Along the Road
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Street Life | The Narrow Lens
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Rainbow Bakery
- Wordless Wednesday (Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life) | The San Francisco Scene–Seen!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street life | mynuttydubai
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street life | Kerlundphoto
- Street Life in Ecuador (Part 1): The Doggy Edition | reinventing the event horizon
- A Time to Every Purpose | Love, Support, Educate, Advocate, Accept…
- Streetlife- Weekly Photo Challenge | The Rider
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Street Life | Pachamama’s Beautiful Food
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Life on My Street | Photography Journal Blog
- Street Scene: Sunny Sunday in Los Angeles | Basil 1
- A soba restraunt on the street | Summerfield84’s English blog
- Street View – Traffic back-up | Giving Thought | Giving Sight
- mad men | yi-ching lin photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life– Queenkv’s Brainpickings
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Completely Disappear
- Cape Cod Roads (Part 2) | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Take Two — Street Life | That Montreal Girl
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Street Life | Painting Pundit
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street life | a UU Deist in Texas
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Irish Noble King
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | Never clip my wings
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life (part 4) | Eye Candy Visionz
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | random pretty pictures
- The Crossroads (Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life) | Greaner Pastures
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Street Life | Passionately Bored
- Weekly photo challenge: Street Life | Chilling in Chile
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life | The Silver Leaf Journal
- Weekly Photo Challenge AND Travel Theme: Street Life & Statues | Taking One Day At A Time
- Weekly Photo Challenge:Street Life | LenzExperiments
- “Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life” | the Entrepreneur(e)
- Busker | by L. D. Rose
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Street life | World of Paris
- Woodman | by L. D. Rose