Weight loss And Better Health Lifestyle Challenge

“When we truly love someone, we share and support their dreams no matter how long it takes, whatever it takes. We will face with courage their fears, sickness, hardships, challenges and sacrifices to achieve the dreams they are passionate about. Their dream becomes our dream. Their hope becomes our hope. Their faith becomes our faith. Their heart becomes our heart. Their change becomes our change.”

Your Better Body ChallengeTwo years ago, not only did I look and feel heavy at 194 pounds but I was neglecting my health and total well-being. I worked so many grave yard hours, deprived myself of sleep at night while loading myself with caffeine during the day to stay awake, habitually binge on unhealthy food rich in carbs, sugar, salt and fats, drenched myself with stress and anxiety, stopped exercising and being active. I was slowly losing interest in my physical health, allowing my many excuses and negativity to win. I can feel my optimism & energy slipping away. I allowed myself to believe that it was just a normal part of having a slower metabolism at 40’s.

Optimal Health, Wellness And Yoli

Jan. 2012, before I decided I needed to do something with me health.

One night a co-worker showed me my picture a year before I started working with him. He simply said, “This was you. What happened?” It felt like a bucket full of ice water and self-realization was thrown to my face. Just like that, I woke up. That very night, I made a choice. I made a commitment to feel my best, look my best. To achieve better health and lose weight. I made a promise to myself that I will eat healthier, live healthier, overcome & beat stress.

Optimal Health, Wellness And Yoli

July, 2012, after starting calorie counting and cardio workouts, I lost 30 pounds in 90 days.

Hitting midlife, everything seems to be going downhill. So, I decided to change & invest on my health.

Optimal Health, Wellness And Yoli

Sept. 2014 in Austin. I was 157 pounds and my wife 124 pounds.

Two years after that promise I made to myself, I was 37 pounds lighter with a diet I simply called Mr. B’s Diet which is mainly a staple of egg whites, plantains, grilled chicken breast, Power Green smoothies made of kale and spinach with blueberries, papaya or pineapple and 30 calories unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The diet is based on a daily calorie count of 1,300/day I learned from using my fitnesspal  iPhone app in the first three months of my initial dieting. All that time, I was trying all strategies to convince my wife to join in my weight loss program but she wasn’t ready.

Optimal Health, Wellness And Yoli

Have I achieved the weight loss I wanted? Yes I did. Did it made me feel healthy? Somewhat. Did I feel well? Not really.

Optimal Health, Wellness And Yoli

“I prayed for much-needed healing. I prayed for some natural healthier option to treat my problems. Little did I know, my prayers were already heard long before I spoke about them.”

Health And Family

For the past year, I was struggling with bad allergies, migraine headaches, insomnia, stress, persistent mood swings, irritability, anxiety attacks. I was telling myself it was all part of the hormonal and chemical imbalance as I got older.  I was scared to tell it to anyone, so I kept it to myself until two months ago, I had to tell my wife when I can’t bear it any longer. I simply told her on our way to school anxious as usual because we were almost late, “I think I really need to see a doctor. I’ve been having these persistent intense anxiety attacks almost everyday. Sometimes I feel like my heart is about to explode and I can’t breathe.” I guess shes been observing all my emotional and psychological symptoms that she replied in a very supportive tone, “Yes, I think you should.” In my head, I was asking myself, “Do I really want to be under anti-anxiety, anti-insomnia prescription medications?

Health And Family

How Yoli BBS Transformed Our Lives…

Mid-September 2014, my cousin from Katy, Texas invited us for dinner. Me and my wife were both surprised to see how much weight loss she and her husband had. We can’t help ourselves but ask them, “You both really look good. How did you do it?” They told us that beginning of Summer, they went through an amazing 30-Day health and wellness transformation called Yoli Better Body SystemMy cousin said, “I got the transformation kit for myself because of my arthritis. After a week not only did my joint pains disappeared but I also lost 5 pounds as part of its good side effect as our body heals and achieve optimal health . Seeing my remarkable weight loss and significant relief of chronic arthritic pains, my husband started using my transformation kit strictly. By the end of 30 Days, he lost an impressive 20 pounds. We then went to his doctor for his annual physical exams and found out that his elevated blood pressure went to normal and his high cholesterol levels went to normal.”

I saw friends posting Yoli before and after pictures in my Facebook months before but I was very skeptic about it. Back then, I told myself, if it’s just weight loss, I can do that myself by eating healthy and exercise without buying any health products. So, I had to ask, “What’s in that Yoli that restores optimal health?” Excitedly she explained, “One of them is  Alkalete, that normalize our body’s pH levels to prevent the harmful effects of acidosis caused by all forms of daily stress, bad food and beverage and unhealthy lifestyle. Proper alkalization help remove acidic waste, improve insulin function, shed unwanted fat, reduce obesity and obesity related chronic illnesses , thus improving overall health.” I asked her further, “Is this safe?” She replied, “Yes, it’s safe. It is made with scientifically developed all natural, plant-based ingredients. Of course, if you’re under any medical treatment, talk to your doctor first.” I told her, “So far, we don’t have any chronic medical problem and we would like to try just the Alkalete first.

Optimal Health, Wellness And YoliAfter our first week with Yoli Better Body System, we both lost a rapid 7 pounds each. It gradually slowed down on the second week as the body resets itself into an efficient fat burning machine. It picked up a bit more on our third week, then stabilized on the 4th week completing our first 30-Days of Better Body Transformation. But in all honestly, it wasn’t the weight loss that motivated us to keep going but the great feeling of wellbeing and harmony. We were calmer, more relax, had lots of restful, sound sleep, more energetic, optimistic and driven, have more positive outlook in life despite of the ongoing dramas and stressors around us, we were closer than ever as a couple, more hopeful, happier and best of all felt intensely grateful and near to God. Every blessing, big or small, becomes a heavenly grace to be thankful for. Can’t totally put into words but it was and is amazing.

Optimal Health, Wellness And Yoli

Before Yoli, Aug. 2014 and 3 weeks after Yoli, Oct. 2014.

After one week, we both noticed a generalized feeling of well-being. We then decided to get one 30-Day Better Body Transformation Kit and share it.

Optimal Health, Wellness And YoliWe both can’t believe it but after our first 7 days, we both lost 7 pounds each. But more important than the weight loss, I felt a generalized wellness that I haven’t felt for a very long time.

Optimal Health and Yoli

I was sleeping better and stopped taking Benadryl for sleep. My migraines hasn’t bothered me. My allergies reduced to a point I stopped taking my steroid nasal inhaler. I was calmer, happier & have more energy.

Optimal Health and YoliMe and my wife’s personal transformation favorite results are our renewed closeness to God and with each other. Once again, we became that couple that does everything together from praying to planning our meal, grocery shopping, cooking, exercising, to helping others achieve their own weightloss & better health transformation.

Health

Week 2 with Yoli…my wife excitedly told me, “ I lost 10 pounds! “

This post I dedicate to my loving wife who moved to America with me because she believed in my dreams. My dream became her dream. She took care of me and my son with all the love and care we could ever wish for. Now, its my turn to let her dream be my dream.

Optimal Health and YoliWeek 4…my wife lost 14 pounds total and I lost 10 pounds. We both reached our median healthy Body Mass Index.

Today, my lifestyle change is still on going, constantly changing, evolving, adjusting, learning, improving. Some days are easy, other days a bit hard & challenging but in all, I learned to never give up.

Whatever health program we choose to follow, the important key is persistent lifestyle change and today is the best time to begin our better health & body transformation. We all can do it.

Advertisements

Sharing life the way it is. The good, the bad, the worst, the best, the heartbreaking, the happiest, of everything I’m thankful & blessed, the hope, the dream & everything else in between. I’m the Island Traveler and these are my stories and journeys of then, now and what comes next. For recent post, please check my Instagram page, bestlifeevolution & You Tube Island Traveler. Thank you for your visit. Peace, love & happiness to you.
This entry was posted in Health and Wellness, Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Weight loss And Better Health Lifestyle Challenge

1. I am so happy for you and your family! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Wishing you continued success.

Liked by 1 person

• Thanks Naomi. So much unhealthy stuff I accumulated through the years, from bad financial decisions to over weight and sedentary lifestyle, to almost daily stress and anxiety , to working night for 11 years and having sleep deprivation. Then 40’s hit and its either sink or swim. I chose to swim, with life vest of course…ha, ha, ha. I’m glad I embraced this wellness and optimal health lifestyle and even more inspiring is that my wife is so passionate about it since we began. It made us into better, stronger, happier, more postive and more appreciate people. I may not be rich financially but having better health and peace of mind is far more valuable than any gold.

Well done to you both….this is the very first time that I have ever seen your faces….sometimes a side shot of Mrs IT but never full face. What a really attractive couple you do make. I loved you when you were nice and cuddly but you both look super being that bit lighter and slimmer. I am pleased for you both and realise what a long struggle it was but my goodness it was worth every ounce

Liked by 1 person

• It was indeed worth every ounce of hard work and perseverance my friend. Although the hardest part was just the first few days as we were not used to eating all protein for 2 days straight. I was spacing out a little bit at work from lack of glucose possibly but the fat burning part in the gut really worked. I got a flat tummy after 7 days. Doing it together made it so enjoyable and our 9-year old got on board on it too. He no longer ask for soda and gatorade. Instead we got his the all natural, electrolyte drink without sugar called FUN. He loves it! From our experience it is really true that high carbs and sugar makes us not just bloat but is related to fat retention as our insulin function gets overwhelmed by them. I work in the ER yet failed to learn about this things sooner. Never too late though. Thank you Patrecia. God bless you and your family always.

Take care and stay well!

4. Thank you Island Traveler it is True, good Health is very important but we remember man sees the outside God sees the heart and to judge anyone by how they measure up on the outside is very wrong.

Having taught weight control and Nutrition for over twenty years, the best advise I received and gave, was to have balance in all good things and everything God has created is good but we must not let anything control us or it will become an addiction and put us into bondage, of course with some food we may have allergies and not be able to eat them but this is not the norm.

I hear so much about the down side of aging and not much about the positives, God values our Senior years, yes our bodies are wearing out but those who have lived many years also have life wisdom but we can also have God’s wisdom if we ask for it at any age and combined with Life Wisdom, Wow! that is why we respect the elderly, yes some people fear aging but it also has blessings.

It is very good Island Traveler that you and your wife have a common interest and the same goals and also that that you share your Faith together, as they say for a Man and Woman to really know each other they need to know Jesus first, only He brings us True Unity and it’s the same with genuine friendship, it’s all about willing commitment and sacrifice.

Christian Love Always in Christ Jesus – Anne.

• Thank you Anne for a very inspiring share. I will remember this always, ” God values our Senior years, yes our bodies are wearing out but those who have lived many years also have life wisdom but we can also have God’s wisdom if we ask for it at any age and combined with Life Wisdom, Wow! that is why we respect the elderly, yes some people fear aging but it also has blessings.” I have high admiration and respect for elderly especially those whose lives had been a journey of love, faith, true kindness and generosity to their fellow human beings. Elderly who taught the young generation the value of simplicity, humility, sacrifice, devotion, honor and dignity. So many young ones now and even people of my age are all about “themselves” or shall we say, “The insensitive Me, Me , Me ” part of today’s world. Our wellness journey came at a time when we are experiencing a rough time, and it made us see the power and influence of God in our lives in the most beautiful, life changing way. For that, I’m always thankful. God bless you and your family.

Truly happy for you that this new way is opened up. Long may you be happy together 🙂

• Thank you Jo. We all deserve our piece of happiness and heaven on Earth, no matter temporary or how elusive they may be. Yes, my wish for every couple out there…to always be happy together no matter what.

6. What a beautiiful couple you are! I’m so happy that you found something that works for you both. 🙂

• Thank you. What we are even working more on is beauty and good character in the inside as we all know, the exterior beauty will slowly fade one day but what we stored in our hearts are the one that will last. It does feel good to feel lighter and most of our physical and emotional illness going away. Me and my wife said goodbye to Tylenol and Motrin both for migraine headaches for almost 2 months now. And I can’t believe I stopped drinking coffee which I was having a hard time quitting for the past many years.

7. Beautiful success story, Mr. B. Good luck to both of your and continued success.

8. bulldog says:

Hey you are both looking good… What an achievement… well done…

9. swamiyesudas says:

Reblogged this on lovehappinessandpeace and commented:
    First I thought that this is a post by ‘Taking the Mask Off,’ and maybe it is! The profile picture looks similar.

More Importantly, I thought, Who can read 3,500 odd words. Yet I had liked the Intro, so I went into the post.

And I found it surprisingly Readable, with lots of photographs.

Above all, it has points about Health, which made Sense to me.

For Indians like me, it would be very difficult to get products of Yoli, or the many other things suggested there.

But from the site, on one of the suggested links, I found that we can easily make Alkaline Water. There too, the kind person forgot to mention just How much Water is for the recommended half a teaspoon of Baking soda.

But I have decided to ask my chemist for products, and am going to try the Baking Soda thing, using half a teaspoon for 1 litre. If You people can suggest something here, it would be Most Welcome.

So, Here goes! To a Healthier life for All of Us, and let thank ‘The Island Traveler’ for the post. 🙂

• To a healthier life for all of us my friend. Honestly, I never heard about alkaline capsules or water before until we tried Yoli. I thought it’s just one of those diet fads. I was into making Power Greens smoothie with fruits and green veggies, low carb, high protein, 1,300 calorie diet which made me loose weight but did not made me feel well at all. The Alkaline caps was and is the one that mellowed all my physical, emotional and psychological symptoms. I will check out the baking soda mix with water. I am too pretty new in this optimal health concept as I only started learning and doing it for less than 2 months. For a while I was focus more on trying to earn a living and make ends meet that I forgot to truly live my life…Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for the reblogged. Best of blessing to you and your family.

• swamiyesudas says:

Thank You! …I tried the Baking Soda in water thing right after reading the post, using about half a teaspoon of it for 2 litres of water, and am already feeling good.

When I am in bed, I usually lie on my side, and I can hear my heart beat, of course. The first thing I noticed it that there is a smoothness in the beat, and not so much pressure. Just by trying this for one day!

Though I would have tried to go for capsules or drops, right from the beginning I think that these kinds of things are not available easily in India. If You do get them, they are sure to be expensive, which won’t do for me.

Half a teaspoon of Baking soda in two litres of Water seems to work just fine!

Love and Regards. 🙂

• That is great news my friend. An inexpensive, practical yet effective way to alkalize our body. Thank you for sharing your amazing experience and discovery with our blogger friends.

Liked by 1 person

• swamiyesudas says:

I am continuing with it, and feeling good about it too! 🙂

10. Barb says:

I loved reading your story of success with the Yoli system. I have never heard of it, but it certainly worked for you guys and you both look fantastic! I feel so happy for you and thank you for sharing your very personal story here.

• Your welcome Barb and thank you for always being there to inspire and motivate your blogger friends. I didn’t believe in it at first until I heard a family’s personal health testimony. If I simply saw an ad or a TV commercial of it, I probably would have just ignored it. The human personal factor made a huge difference in influencing me and my wife’s decision to give the Yoli product a chance and we are so happy that we did.

11. Debbie M. says:

To find purpose is the definition of fulfillment! So happy for you and your wife and the new direction that God is taking your family. What I enjoyed the most about this post was the joy I saw in your (and your wife’s) face and eyes! All the rest, was simply “icing on the cake.” Oops… maybe not a good analogy for a health-related post. 🙂

• Icing on the cake sounds good too. I gave up desserts for the past two years though I have a bit of a relapse, Summer this year when we were in the Philippines and it didn’t help that 4 of our luggages were full of sweets and pastries. Yoli help us got us back on track and we do remind ourselves everyday of our commitment to stay healthy. Yes, the inner Joy part for most of the days and that personal closeness to God that truly made us say, “This is really meant for us.” And it feels good to share and help others feel good not just on the health side but bringing back that light, joy and positivity in them… it’s like we saw another sense of reason and purpose of being here in this busy planet. Thanks. God bless.

12. What an inspiration you are!! Not only looking fantastic, but feeling the advantages of being thinner and healthier. I’ve lost a little weight too, which I knew was necessary after hurting my knee. Wow. Something else to be thankful for this season.

• Thanks Renee. Yes, better health is something to be thankful for this year. I forgot to add in my post that I also have severe low back pain from an injury long ago. I noticed every time I go beyond 170 pounds, I easily get flare ups of my back spasm. It is really true that overweight and obesity is the culprit for many of our medical problems. Big or small weight loss, the important thing is we are trying something that will eventually help us achieve our best healthy self.

13. Good for you 🙂 You looked good before but look great now too.

Duuuuude I am so happy that you have met your weight loss goals, but even happier that you met your health and wellness goals with this program. Congrats! Wishing you lots more success.

• Thank you my friend. I am just glad me and my wife woke up at the same time and were on the same page when we decided to do a major health and wellness make-over. We have two layers full of medicine in our kitchen cabinet which looked like a mini pharmacy. We’re not only happy of the positive changes but we are so happy we are helping several friends achieve their weight loss and better health goals which they had been struggling for years. It helps a lot when we are surrounded by people that are very supportive and enthusiastic about optimal health.

15. How nice to “see” you and your wife and know that you are healthier because of the changes you’ve made in your diet and in your life. My husband and I did something similar years ago. We generally follow a Mediterranean diet – more chicken, fish and veggies, very little meat. We also saw a drop in weight and improved health. Best wishes to you and your family, Island Traveler. 😉

• Thanks Judy. It is true that we become what we eat physically and that also affects us emotionally and psychologically. I heard of the Mediterranean Diet too and it is healthy. One thing that helped us too is being familiar of how much we should eat per day or calorie counting. Eating in moderation within a healthy range will help us maintain our BMI. With all the yummy but rich food around us, it becomes a challenge indeed.

Liked by 1 person

16. Sherri says:

What an amazing testimony my friend, you both look amazing, glowing from within, with health in body, mind and spirit. May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family in all things. Thank you so much for sharing your awe-inspiring story 🙂

• Thank you Sherri. Our optimal health and wellness transformation came at a perfect time when me and my wife were going through a lot of hurting from people we treated as family and good friends. It helped us looked on the good and positive side of things, of blessings instead of heartaches, of joy in God’s generosity over the temporary misfortunes life brings us every now and then. It made us better and stronger and hopeful even. It made us closer to each other and closer to God. Relying on his love, mercy, grace and strength. God bless you and your family always.

17. Great post. Not sure if these products are available here but I intend using the half teaspoon baking soda in water and see how that works. Thanks for this information.

Shakti

18. Well done to you both on your achievements, and may you continue to have good health, happiness and success.

19. Forget the book The Secret. I think you have found it. Look at that very cute couple! Proud to know you IT. You all look wonderful. Congratulations. Very nice post from start to finish.

• Thank you Georgette. It’s just the beginning of my health journey and that of my wife. It’s also the beginning of her new passion to share Yoli’s optimal health benefits as well as the chance for others to have extra financial transformation. With today’s economy, any extra income help is big help to any family. Happy Thanksgiving!

20. DotedOn says:

you two look great!! Well done!

21. Congratulations to you and your wife for making such a major lifestyle change and sticking to it! Too many people fall into bad habits and patterns and can’t seem to find a way out of them, or even notice them. My biggest problem is not getting enough sleep. I tend to stay up late (like right now) to catch up on everything I haven’t been able to do during the day, since it’s the only quiet time I have. But in the morning, I wake up tired and I know I’m not as productive as I should be. I don’t need 8 hours or sleep but 7 hours consistently would be nice. I hope you and your wife can stick to your plan and help others improve their health and quality of life.

22. It was great finally seeing both of your face. You guys look so sexy. And what a beautiful story. I don’t struggle with weight gain but I’ll make sure I’ll tell my family about this.

23. prior says:

Hey IT – I need to come back and read this a bit better later on – but from what I did skim – first of all congrats on the wellness and Yoli sounds awesome. I also 100% agree with alkalizing the body and from hat I have read – this seems in sync with what got me healthy – because all wellness is rooted front eh gut – and it all comes down to a healthy body terrain – but so many medications are designed to treat symptoms and keep people very sick. The gut and entire digestive track is where all health lives – so we get healthy from the inside out – and most people have parasites, yeast overgrowth and mucoid build up – and well, they need a cleanse to allow their immune system to function effectively – and again, congrats on finding what worked for you and your wife – praise God for it and your post was inspiring. cheers – oh – and I also use lemon water and sometimes baking soda to help alkalize the body – along with whole food supplements and different little things that worked for my needs – and it was the good Lord who led me to exactly what I needed and I am so grateful. have a nice day. ❤ and peace yo you all ….

24. IT, my best wishes to you and your lovely wife as you continue with your healthful journey. Thanks for sharing your success story. May God continue to bless you and your family.