Listen To Your Inner Voice

New Year’s Resolution: Listen to my own inner voice, do the things I’m passionate about and follow my own dreams.

Sorry, been so busy catching up with life and battling its many challenges, hectic schedules, demands and dramas that I’m falling behind to some of the things I’m passionate about.

Here are the high lights  of my January…

Celebrating my mom’s Birthday yesterday.

this man's journey

Making faith and God as my priority, hope, joy and strength.

Certain things happen for a reason. On our way to pick our son, we saw a Goodwill store. For unknown reason, I asked my wife,”You wanna check that out?” Excitedly, she replied,”Yes!”

While she was looking at some antique looking China plates, I went around and end up in the least busiest section of the store and found two used old books. I don’t hear voices but someone seemed to be whispering behind me ear, “Read it and you will find the answers you are seeking for.”

this man's journey

The last few days, I would wake early in the morning where there’s total quietness and calmness. In the stillness of the moment, his words comes alive. Speaking, reaching, comforting, guiding, healing, just letting me know I was never alone. That we all were and are never alone.
I don’t know what God’s daily and future plans are but I do know it is “always” far better that my plans. Far way, way hugely better!

Begin, commit and have fun with my New Year Health Resolutions.

Those post holiday festive yet unhealthy eating habits are hard to shake off but never impossible. January 5, me and my wife started to transform our health back again to its optimal state of well being as well as sharing our blessings with our friends and family. Everyday, we both got to discover something new, fun and amazing. We both are each other’s motivator often saying to one another, “Go, go, go!’

this man's journey

Family, family, family….and creating the happiest days and memories with them.

this man's journey

Build lasting friendship, cherish and treasure them always.

this man's journey

Live and breathe positivity and goodness, sharing them generously to everyone around me. To remember always that I don’t have to be rich to make a big difference to someone else’s life. That in my own little way, I can bring smile, light and hope to others.

A few days ago I finished Darren Hardy’s, Making The Shift and got so inspired that I created this for friends and family…

“Whatever we begin today, commit to it for at least for one year. We’ll be so glad we persevered and gave our best as the rewards that awaits will far exceed our dreams and expectations.”

There are only two choices when we are inside the Human Crab Pack Trap, stay inside and have your heart and dreams crushed or fight with all you’ve got and see where your inner voice and dreams will take you.

this man's journey

I know my life has a lot of mistakes, messed up decisions and troubles, lots of pain and heartaches both old and new but my life too has so much blessings and reasons to be happy about. Recent sickness within my family and relatives made me realize again how short and precious life is. That I need to appreciate and celebrate life to the fullest. That I need to always live in gratitude. That I need to try to live each day like its the last. So, I am…

Today, let’s find a moment of silence and give that little inner voice a chance to be heard. Believe me, it has so many answers of all the things we’d been longing and searching for.

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Listen To Your Inner Voice

firstly..Happy Birthday to your Mom Mr B…. and then to say just how wonderful Our Lord is…He is always there to guide and to comfort and to put things right…I have a great relationship with Him and we have a good natter every night before I go to sleep. If only everyone in the world could see what a Saviour we have and believe too, then there would be a world full of love..
    My Love to you all in His Holy Name

• Thanks Patrecia. Yes, he was and is always there with us. Been waking up early recently, and spending that time of silence in prayer. Coming to America, I kind of got lost along the way but now, I’m trying to go back on that road of faith. After hardship after hardships, all the more I realize I need God in my life and the lives of my family. That his love and blessings are all I need. That my true treasures are not the material things that can be taken away in an instant but rather in heaven. His words are giving me comfort at a time I needed them the most. God bless you and your family…always.

2. arlene says:

Those are lovely finds. Happy birthday to your mom too. Here in PI, the euphoria of having Pope Francis’ five-day visit hasn’t died down yet. Everyone has his/her own story to tell.

• It’s those stories that will fuel our hearts and spirits and to those we share them with in the days and years to come. Philippines and its people are truly blessed to experience first hand to see and hear the words of God through POpe Francis. A priceless blessing. I wish I was there in person, that would have been a dream come true. Thanks Arlene and God bless you and your family.

Liked by 1 person

3. Debbie M. says:

After 9/11, I heard a quote that has stuck with me, “Tomorrow is a gift, not a promise.” When I approach life with that attitude, it is hard for bitterness and anger to stick around. Wishing you a 2015 that gets more and more beautiful with each passing day!

• Thank you Debbie. I will keep this in mind and heart, ““Tomorrow is a gift, not a promise.” Just being alive is a blessing. To have our health and safe, two more blessings. So much to be thankful for. So many reasons to remain positive and be hopeful. I’m trying my best to move pass all sorts of anger and bitterness as there is so much joy and possibilities in life God is blessing me everyday. God bless.

4. jafarley says:

God works in mysterious ways! Great post. Listening to our inner voice of God is sometimes the most difficult because it can get overpowered by our own desires and selfishness. But when we listen to it, it makes us happier and wiser than we ever could become by listening to our ego’s voice.

Liked by 1 person

• Thank you my friend. Yes, God truly works in mysterious ways. I wish I listened to that inner voice in the many times I made decisions or made a choice. I wish I gave it the voice to speak what it really hopes for. Many times, either we we let other’s opinions influence ours or we just do what we want and not follow what God’s want. In both, it usually doesn’t end well or gives results and consequences that we will just regret. But perhaps, it’s also a way for God to make us realize how much we need him and that his love, mercy and generosity are all we need. I’m thankful that once again, he showed me back the way and I’m trying to stay in his path and follow his greater plans for me and my family.

5. Marvelous tribute to your family and friends–glad that you are posting again.

• Blogging is something I am passionate about and for as long as God gives me the hands to write, the brain to think and the heart to feel, I will be doing it for years. Thanks Sally. Nice to be back and reading the inspiring posts and comments of my blogger family.

6. I wish you and your beautiful family most happy, wonderful things this new year. I wanted to reach out, tell you. I know it has been some time since we spoke. Granny Gee/Gloria

7. So good to hear from you and find you all well and happy. Happy Birthday to your mom. May you and your beautiful family continue to find adventure, love in your relationship and good health. I think you have found what you are looking for in greeting each day with enthusiasm.

• Yes, I did though there are always new challenges with each new day. Been reading God’s words more and listening to life motivational speakers via Audio CD and they are exactly what I needed. There had been so much negativity later part of the year and embracing that positive, enthusiastic, hopeful and happy attitude helps neutralize the bad with all things good. Plus, life’s truly short to waste of pain of the past. So much to live for and celebrate each day. Thanks Georgette. God bless you and your family always.

8. What a great post! That family photo on the beach is a wonderful portrait! So glad you and your family are doing well! Belated Happy Birthday to your mom. She did a great job, and I’m sure you make her proud. Best wishes for the New Year!

• Thank you Naomi. My mom stayed home during her Birthday as she is still wheel chair bound. Her post surgical wound is healing but not as fast. She has to take steroids for another health problem and steroids delays healing. I wish I am there with her at this difficult time but since I can’t I could only give her encouragement through the phone, in my thoughts and prayers. It is hard to be away from parents who lives in another country. I feel helpless when medical emergencies happens or they are sick. The family picture is one of our happiest memories at Clearwater Beach Florida.

9. 2e0mca says:

Great positive approach to the future – Love that shot of you all on the beach. My best wishes to you and your family – and Happy Birthday (belatedly) to your Mom 🙂 Good Hunting my Friend!

10. Sherri says:

There is so much to be heard in the stillness of the day, in quiet prayer and in trust and faith. The Lord is with you my friend, no doubt about it, and He is guiding you and leading you in all you do. How blessed is your dear Mom to have such a wonderful son and so loving and caring towards his family. You know what is important and the things that matter most and then you turn round and inspire us also to seek those very same things! Thank you for your beautiful post, your photographs that exude family love and joy and also a very Happy Birthday to your dear Mom. Each day is a challenge but you rise above them and you take life by the hand and shake it up and live it for all its worth 🙂 God bless you and your lovely family always.

• Thanks Sherri. Prayers and faith helped me tremendously when I needed it the most. Sometimes I still struggle but then reading his words or seeing his acts of love and generosity through people guides me back. God bless you too and your family.

Liked by 1 person

Lovely to see you again and such a lovely post as well. Wishing you peace and happiness!

12. Such an inspirational post. Happy Birthday to your beautiful mom. It’s really hard being apart, but love has no boundaries. Love the happy photo of the three of you on the beach. It’s a winner. 🙂 Wishing you all a year full of good, peaceful and joyful moments.

• Thank you. The beach photo was one of our happiest…and relaxing vacation in Florida. We all didn’t feel like going back to Texas. Wish life can have more vacation days where we don’t have to worry too much and just have more time to enjoy the blessings of the day.

Liked by 1 person

13. Colline says:

A new year’s resolution that will certainly make you a better person.

Liked by 1 person

Beautiful writing and beautiful pictures. Thank you so much, dear IT, for sharing all this with us. It really made my day! Best wishes to you and your family for the New Year! 🙂

15. M.Winter says:

Hello and happy new year to you and your family, my friend! Glad to see you’re all alright. And your mom will have many happy years to look forward to as well!
    Yes, in the stillness we find Him 🙂

16. It’s good you are following God’s word, Island Traveler especially when the Storms of life come , like sickness, your Mum sounds like a wonderful caring woman, how blessed you are.

I’m like those in the Bible called Bereans I check what others share and if not confirmed in Scripture I reject it.

But I don’t go to a man or a woman for conformation on God’s Truth although I do very much enjoy others sharing it with whatever way they use to do so, it gives us Unity. But I always go to Jesus our only Teacher who is leading me into all Truth and knowledge. I asked for and received God’s wisdom and empowering, we are not born with them and we cannot fully understand God’s Truth in His inspired words without them, they are His heart thoughts, His guidelines, His motivation, His all consuming Love and will for us… (1Corinthians2:9-16) can I be deceived No! I can’t be but I do recognize deception. True Anointed Teachers and Evangelists share God’s Truth not their own, we are warned that worldly study it wearies the soul.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

James 1:5-6 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Luke 11:13 ….. how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?

I would also like to affirm Island Traveler that I never encourage others to follow me but to follow Jesus, if a Congregation is not listening to a Pastor Preach than there is no empowering of The Holy Spirit, God uses the foolishness of Preaching but we need to test the spirit of whoever seeks to teach us, just because they believe something to be True does not make it so as we see with all the different Denominations.

The Holy Spirit does not say one thing to one person and something different to someone else if they contradict and it was because of this that I questioned the contradictions I was hearing through Sermons, Devotions, books, Tapes and Videos and because of a lot of the error and contradictions on the Internet including from well known Theologians and Evangelists etc differences do matter we are to be of one mind not divided. We can read 6 books and not one will have God’s Truth in all details, sad but True and it’s the same with Blogs.

1 John 2:27- But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man/woman teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is Truth, and is no lie,and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.”

Matthew 23:8-10 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in Heaven. And do not be called Teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. NKJV

Colossians 2 :2 -3 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in Love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is True, and we are in Him that is True, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the True God, and eternal life.

Psalm 32:8I will instruct you and teach you in the way you shall go. I will guide you with Mine eye.

Matthew 10:26-28 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops (KJV)

Christian Love in Christ Jesus – Anne.

• Thank you Anne. God speaks through his people whether with their words or actions. I truly appreciate you for sharing with us God’s love and his teachings. Our world has so many distractions that easily takes us off the path of faith but then God finds a way and not for long, we are once again drawn to him. I am nothing without him and all the I have comes from his abundant grace. I agree, there so many false prophets out there as well as people using religion to cover their true self and nature. I met a few of those in my lifetime and sometimes it can be a source of discouragement. But I’m glad God has not given up on me for somehow, good prevails and my faith restored. God bless you and your family.

Wonderful to see you and the family, happy and smiling, Mr. B! We never know where that path is leading, do we? Good to share the joy! 🙂

18. lulu says:

I can easily share your New Year’s resolution. Many of my dreams are no longer dreams I’m working to make them.

• Thanks Lulu. Our dreams are meant to pursued and worked on. Sometimes we fail. Sometimes we stumble and get hurt but eventually all those little discomforts will all be worth it as we achieve our individual version of happiness.

Liked by 1 person

19. Hi again dear Island Traveler, I forgot to thank you for being one of my Top commentors both this year and last year, you are indeed a blessing, WordPress thoughtfully encouraged us to thank those who have been kind and caring shown by their comments and you have indeed been this but I would also like to create another Power point for you to show my heart felt appreciation, if wanted by you what would you like as the focus and theme this time ? I have others to create so it won’t be straight away but I won’t forget the same as you don’t forget me, you are indeed a very special Man.

Christian Love Always – Anne

• Thank you Anne. You are so kind, thoughtful and generous. How about a life of hope, of blessing and second chances through Jesus. Something that we all need to hear or read in moments of hardship and weakness. Something that will be our ray of light when things are dark, scary and uncertain. Thank you once again and God bless you and your family.

• That’s a great theme Island Traveler, I was rescued after falling into sin but not away, I don’t think there are just second chances, we have many but God knows we will come to True heart repentance even before we are conceived, He knows we won’t fall away by rejecting Jesus in our heart regardless of the wrong we do but it hurts Him greatly because He can’t fellowship with us when we choose to sin but we are still covered by Christs blood and when we come to heart repentance we are than washed in His blood. I will share the link below with you about how Jesus rescued me but in regards to the Power point, what do you want me to use as the focus, perhaps Light or Sunsets and Sunrises etc

Rescued – https://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/jesus-rescued-his-lost-sheep/

Blessings – Anne.

20. jakepackham says:

Great Post. I hope this year goes well for you.
    I could do with more regular bible readings

21. Continue creating happy memories with your family!
    May you continue to listen to your inner voice today and every day.