Rodeo Houston, Big In The Heart Of Texans

How big is Rodeo Houston in the hearts of Texans? More than 2 million yearly attendees big!

Today, we’re taking out those old dusty cowboy boots and have an all-day fun time at Rodeo Houston 2015. Yes, I will take you all with me. All who wants to go shout, “Hiyah!”

Let’s begin with a 58 feet ascent above the ground. Slowly we will glide along the 1,700-foot gondola Sky Ride across the park. Scared of heights? Me too, but believe me, it has the best thrilling aerial view. It’s so worth it. Just don’t look down.  I said don’t look down…

IMG_1105It was close to sunset when we rode the Sky Ride. I tried not to look down but I can’t help myself.  My son kept saying nervously, “Dad, dad, stop doing that,”  referring to my arm movements as I took our group selfie pictures. He didn’t notice that my hands were shaking as I was just as nervous as he was.  Taking pictures helped me not dwell on my fear of heights. My wife was wise to close her eyes, between our picture-taking. Overall, we all had an amazing time.

IMG_1050Okay my friend, you can now open your eyes and breathe. We just landed on the ground in one piece. Yeah!

Rodeo Houston is not complete without the carnival.  I’ll buy us some tickets then we’ll play the water blaster race. Everyone ready? Congratulations! You just won a Minion stuffed toy.

IMG_1106Hey look, the band is playing, Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring one of today’s coolest artist, Bruno Mars. While dancing and grooving, let me buy us some turkey legs, corn dogs and funnel cake.

My, we all are hungry. The turkey leg didn’t stand a chance.

IMG_1087Okay, it’s time for some rodeo adrenaline action. Did I forget to mention we’re going back riding the Sky Ride again? Yipee!

Brrr…so cold!

IMG_1107Bareback Riding, Bull Riding, Chuck Wagon Races and Calf Scramble, these are just some of the exciting rodeo events that will sure have us cheering for more.

IMG_1110For my last treat of the night, everybody gets a free seat at John Legend’s concert. Everyone, as the stadium turns off all its lights and the concert’s finale song, All Of Me begins, turn on your smart camera phone’s flashlight, raise it high up in the air, sway with the beat as we all sing,

‘Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning
Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh…

Blogger friends, Spring is here and though I’d been out of the loop recently, like way, way out of the loop, you all are always in my travels, thoughts and prayers. I wish you all new happy beginnings, of renewed hope, comfort and healing. As Easter comes to a close, I wish you all too gifts of faith and overflowing blessings. God bless.

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Rodeo Houston, Big In The Heart Of Texans

1. Patrecia (with an E) says:

fancy closing your eyes on the sky ride..the purpose was to look and see…. It looks great fun and I bet the food was scumptious..great photos

I’m not at all afraid of heights but I wouldn’t sit on that little seat!

3. It’s so good to hear from you, and share in a day of awesome family fun! Best wishes for a Happy Easter to you and your whole family!

Liked by 1 person

4. Looks like a lot of fun there! Thanks for this beautiful sharing. All the best!

Your joy in life is so infectious! (even when I have my eyes shut tight 🙂 ) Wishing a wonderful Easter to you and yours!

6. arlene says:

Wow…as in wow walang strap? i am afraid of heights too so I envy you for trying such a heart-stopping ride. Glad to know you all enjoyed it.

Liked by 1 person

7. Debbie M. says:

What a fun day for your family (and us as you took us along for the ride.) These are the memories that will stick with you. I agree about the heights from a fear of heights to don’t look down! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

8. Oh Mr. B. That all looks like so much fun. You all go to the best places. And John Legend! Fabulous. But that turkey leg wins firs price. Yum!
    Be well and happy upcoming spring. It can’t happen soon enough,

Liked by 1 person

9. swamiyesudas says:

Seems a Fun place, fun event, even! Good descriptions and fair enough photographs! Enjoyed all that. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

10. Great family fun…

11. Barb says:

Happy Easter. Nobody can put on a shindig like a fair or fabulous fun…like Texas can. Travel safely.

12. judithhb says:

Hiya! from the other side of the world. Looks like you guys had a dandy day at the fair and your son surely is growing bigger and more handsome each time you post a picture of him.

13. Texas seems like the right place for a video! Glad to see you having so much fun with your family.

14. Sherri says:

Yee haa!! Fantastic day out at the Rodeo with you and your beautiful family my friend! Miss you here, but so glad to join in with this fun and captivating post. I remember going to the rodeo a few times when we lived in California 🙂 Wishing you and your family too a blessed, joy-filled and peaceful Easter, God bless you always and catch up soon 🙂

15. I can see that you and your family had a fabulous time! I love the photos. Happy Spring!

The man behind the mask has been revealed…Glad to see you, Doc.

Happy family as always!

17. You too Island Traveler and your family are always in my heart, I miss you uplifting and other people focused Posts and comments, so good to share with you again but Wow what a Trip! too high up for me, the only time I want to be up there is when I soar like an Eagle with Jesus but thankfully that’s Spiritually, my feet always stay firmly on the ground.

Christian Love and Blessings – Anne

18. Always good to hear such positive family news about moments that matter and time shared together.