Mom, I Do Remember

Mom, I remember the times you held my hand and gave me comfort when I feel hurt or sad. I remember the times you shared with me your funny jokes, tickled my toes and armpit to make me laugh. I remember the times you take me to magical places every time you read me my favorite night-time story books. I remember the times you prayed with me before I sleep and assured me that everything will be alright. I remember every fireworks, every comfort blanket I called “lampin,” every travel, every journey, every milestone, every little joy you bring into my life.

IMG_5014Mom, I remember our many fun Summers and beach adventures. Did you remember the time we did river tubing at Moody Garden’s Palm Beach? How about the time we rode the roller coaster? We both were screaming and laughing so hard. What about the time we went fishing for the first time at  61st St. Fishing Pier ? We were super lucky to catch lots of fishes that day.

IMG_5018
Mom, I do remember the many simple holiday events and birthday celebrations we did together. Remember my 8th birthday at Galveston State Park? You and dad sang “Happy Birthday,” as I blew my birthday candle. I remember making a wish for each balloon I let go. I know they all will come true because I saw them fly up, up into the sky. Mom, I remember clearly how I dove my face into the cake so I can eat the icing. Dad forgot the spoon and forks at home so I ate my cake without using my hands. Smart and creative, right mom?
IMG_5012Mom, I do remember all our family vacations and weekend getaways. I remember swimming all day, body boarding, making sand castles and eating ice cream. I remember waking up early each morning all excited for the hotel’s free breakfast. Mmm, those freshly made waffles were delicious. I remember our pirate  ship adventure and treasure hunting at Clearwater Beach. I remember the pod of dolphins jumping at the side of our tug boat. I remember because they all made me so happy.

IMG_5066Mom, I remember the times you played and ran with me, explored and discovered the world with me. I remember the times you hopped,  jumped and caught stars with me. Remember the time you helped me do somersault? With you mom, I can turn into a superhero with superpowers and all. With you, I can do just about anything.

IMG_5276Mom, I remember our walks to school. I remember you preparing my breakfast and school snacks everyday. I remember you helping me patiently with my homework and keeping your cool when I become stubborn or distracted.

I will never forget you for motivating and inspiring me to follow my own dreams and do the things that makes me happy.

Mom, I do remember how good it feels to be home with you. Home is when I am with you. I do remember and will always remember what love is because of you. I remember the times you helped me face my fears and problems with faith and courage. I remember the many times you inspired me to hope and never give up. I remember each priceless life lessons. I remember us taking time to enjoy and appreciate nature enveloped with its many sunsets and beautiful memories.

IMG_5279Mom, everyday I remember and feel God’s love through you…with you.

Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints, it isn’t happy with injustice, but it is happy with the truth. Love puts up with all things, trusts in all things, hopes for all things, endures all things.

13 Now faith, hope, and love remain—these three things—and the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 13:1

IMG_5437The best mom in the world makes you smile the happiest, dream the highest, shine the brightest, live the fullest and remember the fondest of memories.

Love you Mom. Thank you for everything. You are the best mom ever!

To my wife, my mom, my mother-in-law and to all the mothers out there, this post is a tribute to all of you and the many amazing things you do for your family and everyone around you. You all are awesome! The world is a better, kinder, happier place because of you. We are at our best, seek our best because of you.

Today and always, we honor, celebrate and thank you for all the love, light, hope and joy you give generously everyday. God bless all our mothers. God bless you.

Advertisements

A father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a traveler, an optimist hoping to create something good & meaningful to every person he shares his world, his home, his dreams, his hope & heart with.
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Mom, I Do Remember

1. Wonderful tribute to moms everywhere–you’re especially blessed to have such a loving and supportive mom.

2. mummyflowers says:

Sat here a little tearful now! I hope my daughter has such positive memories of me when she gets older. Thank you for such a gorgeous post.

Liked by 1 person

• She will and much, much more. When she remembers her amazing childhood, she will remember them with great love and joy in her heart. Wherever she is, she will always carry a piece of you in her heart. She is very lucky to have you as her mom. Belated Happy Mother’s Day.

3. M.Winter says:

Moms set a high example. I strive everyday to be the best I can be for my children – just like how my mom did.

Liked by 1 person

The verse from Corinthians is very beautiful, so is your writing, dear IT, praising your wife, your mother, mother-in-law and all the mothers. Thank you for including so many beautiful pictures to go with this blog. Your son is very lucky to have such a beautiful mother. I am sure he loves her very much. Yes, family is very important. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Thanks AuntYuta. Yes, the Corinthians verse truly exemplifies what true, pure giving love is, a kind of love we see and experience through our families and good friends. God shows is generous love through them and for that we are always grateful. Regards to your family.

A wonderful tribute to someone who is clearly a very special mom, beautifully done 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. Wow! That is a terrific post and brought tears to my eyes. I miss my son so much and rarely see him as he lives abroad. Your mum is one very lucky lady and I’m sure she deserves your tribute.

Liked by 1 person

• One of my regrets of choosing to move to another country is not being around my mom and dad. To grow old with them. To raise my little boy with them. To celebrate his birthday and holidays with them. Perhaps one day, fate will lead me back to them. Thank you.

Liked by 1 person

They will sure remember this, bro, especially the wife. The pictures just radiate so much happiness and I can’t help but think you are playing a big big part. It reflects how good of a parent you are.

You also have a thing for summer…YEY! That makes the two of us.

Belated Happy Mother’s Day to your wife, mom, and mother-in-law.

Liked by 1 person

• Thank Bro. My happiest times were and are with them, and yes, my wife burst with happiness when she is around her little boy. He brings out the best in both of us. Belated Happy Mother’s Day to your loving wife. And yes, may we and our families always have the best of Summers…God bless.

PS

Belated happy birthday, Doc! Cheers to your good health…

Liked by 1 person

9. Beautiful post of memories and photos! Since I am a mom, I thank you for your beautiful tribute to all mothers. Have a great weekend!

Liked by 1 person

10. Happy Mother’s Day. We are thankful each day, inspired each day because of you all. The good things we do, the love we share, the blessings we give, all are a living tribute to all the greatest moms in the world. Thanks.

11. Pingback: Reposting: Mom, I Do Remember by Island Traveler | Sarah's Attic Of Treasures and Our Neck Of The Woods

• Thank you Sarah. It’s an honor that you shared the picture of my son and his mom. In a way, it reminds all of us parents of our happy, magical childhood memories with our little angels and that no matter how old they get, they will always be that little child that melted our hearts and gave us so much laughter, joy and meaning to our lives. God bless my friend.

12. Sherri says:

What a beautiful tribute to your family and to mothers everywhere. Told through your heartfelt narrative and photographs, you bless all you read this post. We had our Mothering Sunday back in March here in the UK, but I hope that your precious mom, wife and mother-in-law celerbrated a joy-filled and glorious Mother’s Day.this month. God bless you my friend and thank you for the light you bring to the world.

• Belated Happy Mother’s Day my dear friend Sherri, though I believe everyday should and is Mother’s Day whenever we honor, love, remember and celebrate our moms in our hearts and in our lives. I had a great time making the post and it helped me remember the endearing moments my son shared with his mom and in a way, also made me looked back to all the days my mom spent with me and my siblings when we were younger. God loves us so much that he gave us the best moms in the world…and for that we are always grateful and for that, it’s also Mother’s Day. God bless my friend and best of blessings to your family.

Liked by 1 person

13. A lovely post, mothers are the best, and when they’re no longer with us, we still remember all the wonderful things they did for us.

14. Debbie M. says:

A picture is worth a thousand words! Your post with special memories and joy emanating are the pictures that mothers’ carry in their hearts. Your first paragraph reminded me of another Scripture: Isaiah 66:13 – “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.”

• Thank you for sharing Isaiah 66;13. God is indeed our loving parent that gave us love and comfort in all areas of our lives. God nurtures us and cares for us generously.

15. This is very much appreciated. I cannot say anymore except to pay tribute to my mother and all the women out there.

16. A lovely remembrance of your Mom when you were young Island Traveler, what a wonderful Mom and how blessed to have you as her son.

Christian Love – Anne

• My mom is an amazing woman. She gave so much, love so much, sacrificed so much, shared so much. Because of her and my dad, I am trying to be the best father that I could ever be and to love unconditionally. My mom’s great love for us, I see the same with my wife to my son, from my mother-in-law to her children including me. I see God’s goodness, light and love through them everyday. God bless all our mothers in the world. Thank you Anne. God bless you and your family.

17. john tugano says:

IT, I hope u still remember me. Belated happy mothers day to ur wife and mom.I was touched by ur post. I missed such writings of yours. Advance happy fathers day.

Regards,
    John

• Thanks John. I appreciate the thoughtfulness. Reading your last post made me miss home and wish I’m still in the Philippines so I can share with my son parts of my childhood which though simple, was simply magical.

18. I simply love your blog. As a mom, it makes me smile. I hope some day that my children will look back and remember. Thank you